TheSwede`s Sandtrooper build [RS]

TheSwede

Well....I blame Greg @wook1138 for having "bad influence" as this is a build intended for MEPD - Mos Eisly Police Department and the fact that I couldn`t resist wanting to show my friends here what I picked up this morning:P  And seeing as Greg did the breakdown of differences between a TK and a TD I´ll just fire away:)

BBB-day #4:dancing-trooper:(never stops giving me "the Little boy at christmas feeling"

ttiKfIo.jpg

Had a hard time deciding which Kit to get but couldn`t resist the lineage that RS has so RS it is...if someone had trouble in figure that out :D And...also think it lends itself perfectly for a Sandtrooper build and the helmet in particular with the little bumps and lumps.

LysLurb.jpg

And here it is in all of it`s glory and I´m super-happy except for one thing, I´m missing the little RS labels on the peices that I have seen on other builds..oh well....after showering the pieces to get rid of the debri of plastic crumbs I marked the parts with a sharpie just so I don`t get confused when sitting in glue fumes:engel: nothing to it when you already did a few builds but for a beginner it would be a good thing ta have the parts labeled and on the other hand the detective work in finding out is good research to have to ^_^

dXqxDwp.jpg

The SWAT level (L3) is a bit different as you emulate a specific Trooper and I´m shooting for this guy: the weathering is the challengeing part to get right...I´m liking the fact that he has different amount of teeth cut out on each side and that little "fire-mark" on the forehead - should be fun:)

Look, Sir, Droids foto.

And here`s the breakdown for the "desert version" (the Sandtroopers  switch gear constantly between scenes so it`s quite hard to keep up and that`s why there`s more than one version of Sergeant, Captain and Private (based on Pauldron). Obviously I like this one the best so here goes! :dancing-trooper:

Posted Image

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Harbinger said:

You’ve lost it!

You are so right! The inner child in me has taken over and totally lost a grip of reality :icon_beg: :rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, Harbinger said:

TB next?

I draw the line on TK:s #fingers#crossed^_^

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sandtrooper said:

Good luck on your build!  Hope you'll be SWAT in no time.  The TD you've picked will be challenging because of the weathering but there are a ton of reference pics for him (at least from the waist up) so you should be good.

Yeah I think it will take some time to get it right but well worth it in the end. Besides from the road block/cantina/talk to Garinden Captain (although different gear I´m pretty sure he is ment to be the same guy, or they just didn`t care :P) he is the most recognizable Trooper and only downside is, during my research I found out that he is a traitor to the Empire or atleast to his Captain Terrik which he kills during the Falcon get-away (sorry Gregg).:smiley-sw013:

1 hour ago, CableGuy said:

“Look sir! - I need a bigger display room!” 

Haha I think you`re right AND a room for my home theater (packed away at the moment). Well....we are looking for a house:smiley-sw013:

1 hour ago, CableGuy said:

I'm not jealous. Honest. 

No really, I promise I’m not

;)

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, troopermaster said:

Just so you know, the helmet has 4 teeth cut out both sides. The left hand side 4th tooth is barely cut out but it is. I will dig out a close up of the helmet and show you.

Good luck with the build :duim:

Whaaaat?! It is?? Huh, go figure:P I’m glad you are here to help Paul :jc_doublethumbup: Good thing I posted here as well as on MEPD (thanks for the influence Greg) would be great to have that as a reference for when I start on the helmet:duim:

Thanks again :salute:

• Like 1

Everything including helmet is rough trimmed as I managed to stay on target after a little detour:)

5ZYEyp4.jpg

those shoulder bells seem to be able to help with any eventual gap at chest/back plate...they are huuuge:smiley-sw013:

tSzP5Ir.jpg

Edited by TheSwede
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TheSwede said:

Everything including helmet is rough trimmed as I managed to stay on target after a little detour:)

those shoulder bells seem to be able to help with any eventual gap at chest/back plate...they are huuuge:smiley-sw013:

Nice start.  So far, I've managed to trim out one eye on my bucket (well, almost).  The wife didn't take the kids to her parents this week - so no build time for me.  Nice work space :)

That IS nice looking armour.  Maybe next time.  ;)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CableGuy said:

You sure do pick some good armour makers!!

I`m sure both Paul and RS has some left "if you hurry you might catch them!" (Geek-humour:P)

7 hours ago, wook1138 said:

Nice start.  So far, I've managed to trim out one eye on my bucket (well, almost).  The wife didn't take the kids to her parents this week - so no build time for me.  Nice work space :)

That IS nice looking armour.  Maybe next time.  ;)

Work-perk:duim: had easter holiday the entire week so had hopes for more build time but unforturnatly the Kit onle came yesterday and didn`t have time to start untill this morning and yeah pretty happy with the progress but got hit with man-flu (maybe I worked to hard *not*:P) so of course I now have one foot in the grave :shok: so no building for me neither for the time beeing, to busy feeling sorry for myself:lol:

And...you totally should..or...there`s always Pauls armor, you really should get one of each:jc_doublethumbup:

5 hours ago, henselmonster said:

Very exciting, as I already said on MEPD. Watching with great interest! 

Yeah I really like that you can choose a specific Trooper - really hope I can pull it of:)