Hengstler Counter Numbers - PDF, PSD, EPS etc.??

menschie

I've searched these forums and teh nets for two hours, looking for a file to make realistic printable numbers for the Hengstler. Anyone have a PSD, or something editable that they can share please? Thanks heaps, in advance!

Made these for some of our members but you may have to play with sizing they are not editable though, unless you have some photo edit skills, happy to help out if needed

Top should be hengstler sizing:

QuEdxtB.jpg

Bottom one sized for Doopy's resin

xgMGPe1.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, menschie said:

Thanks so much for this. Really appreciate you taking the time to respond.

My pleasure, troopers helping troopers, if you get stuck just send me a pm :salute:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Heyya Dan! Actually, it should be done today or tomorrow. I'll post some pics as soon as it's done. It doesn't quite have all the mods of yours, but I didn't want the build time to take too long...excited to get out to my first troop! 

Thanks again bud, for your help! Greatly appreciated!

• Like 1

Okay, here we go...

Very very close to done. This was a very quick build-time...going for maximum effect with minimal time and effort. Got it done in about 3 weeks, even out of town for business for some of that. I went a bit more minimal on weathering (wanted the look of a newish gun). Every mod I did do was with items sourced or made myself. I think this will be a good trooping gun and I'm not as afraid to break something if something goes horribly wrong.

Thanks to Dan/Cable-guy for the Hengslter counter image. It's perfect! The one mod that I have left to do is the reset button. I'll do that in the next couple of days.

WfCHKtnLOMtNawUDEyNDh4czZmfDM7VwiHaaqnP3

Just did brass weathering on the brass parts, of course, but the screw in the Hengstler top cap is also brass, so a little weathering highlight on that sucker for realism. I didn't do the solder pins. Not all E11's have them, and I don't want those sharp pokey bits on my trooping gun.

Wq86DPkBs3RH30ykXJnTG3uo0z__dTMn_6a86q8S

I used Rustoleum primer, flat black and gloss black. I didn't go for any texture, because I want to be completely true to the 60's Sterlings that were used. Also, I dry brush weathered, because I definitely like the look and control of that method the best and I'm thinking the overall paint finish may ultimately prove more durable. The Rustoleum flat black isn't quite perfect (as satin would have been), but I will be rubbing a light coat of bees wax on all the flat black bits. I've tested this and it creates a perfect satin paint over metal look, creates good depth and realism and just makes the detail pop a bit more. I'll do that when the weathering highlights are cured.

Rag6k_yIujyYZs8HqHx6Eanoap9BtD69FPfqd47Q

ewkRDLZnUw9l9kD7qLkwRQCH5oYODapPOMZJitDV

06T4f40BvFUCQK4Sq1lkEjuXlOGqZHod345JzahP

FspgoHyQyPP1suuFlZYfsNqmspOme8bFQIEQHauq

FK2om70XeojYVty7uJTVzgTNzj381Kj-ssOjnlWL

Getting the lenses in is tricky, as others have noted. One of the more critical moments of the build. I went with E6000, placed in the cavity, right at the point that the lens would stop. I used a tweezer type of tool, positioned it best I could over the cavity, and quickly pushed the lens down with my finger into position. Worked well. I put the reticle right behind the lens, held in place by 2 tiny fragments of scotch tape...so that it's not visible at all. In stead of paying $50 for a pack of printable overhead sheets, I just had a single transparent page printed through Staples Copy and Print with the reticules on them. Cost me 3 bucks.

de-5Yclctf2Iq_V9zhhism6CebAHwzZW_h6IQBQh

Can't wait for my first troop! I'll put in my EIB and Centurion apps pretty soon too...I want them to be with leather boots though, so I'm waiting on my Imperial Boots order to arrive! 

Edited by menschie
  • Like 2

Okay, here we go...

Very very close to done. This was a very quick build-time...going for maximum effect with minimal time and effort. Got it done in about 3 weeks, even out of town for business for some of that. I went a bit more minimal on weathering (wanted the look of a newish gun). Every mod I did do was with items sourced or made myself. I think this will be a good trooping gun and I'm not as afraid to break something if something goes horribly wrong.

Thanks to Dan/Cable-guy for the Hengslter counter image. It's perfect! The one mod that I have left to do is the reset button. I'll do that in the next couple of days.
WfCHKtnLOMtNawUDEyNDh4czZmfDM7VwiHaaqnP3M_k6PXZy9dWOBxbECRa_Tw2GQNJdkptZVFHfMmAITRdBzZt7mHKwYQCp2KYPyqfQSnin_a2JydoAUaqeyI2B6kkySLKkwmj1BQ=w2400

Just did brass weathering on the brass parts, of course, but the screw in the Hengstler top cap is also brass, so a little weathering highlight on that sucker for realism. I didn't do the solder pins. Not all E11's have them, and I don't want those sharp pokey bits on my trooping gun.
Wq86DPkBs3RH30ykXJnTG3uo0z__dTMn_6a86q8SCf9AePgtYAv3LG_NbxO1YYOzpb84SGZ_alT027NKWo76iVz3Y7xpUeSlNX_qslfC2rih07Jyc5H_f7Ov6QXgso16QIE3HJYIeA=w2400

I used Rustoleum primer, flat black and gloss black. I didn't go for any texture, because I want to be completely true to the 60's Sterlings that were used. Also, I dry brush weathered, because I definitely like the look and control of that method the best and I'm thinking the overall paint finish may ultimately prove more durable. The Rustoleum flat black isn't quite perfect (as satin would have been), but I will be rubbing a light coat of bees wax on all the flat black bits. I've tested this and it creates a perfect satin paint over metal look, creates good depth and realism and just makes the detail pop a bit more. I'll do that when the weathering highlights are cured.
Rag6k_yIujyYZs8HqHx6Eanoap9BtD69FPfqd47Q3nxt96idPUV7Vu85vJKuBi9cYX_NXi6JkqUsxqHzVkXx7Y-zM5db9u7iA4zBooGD9D--gCiEKkkISGrAPMzdmjTBiuNCd5FCgw=w2400

ewkRDLZnUw9l9kD7qLkwRQCH5oYODapPOMZJitDVRaOojDYCrmaOcMXDFlYmGwEOY4urhX0yBFzWGExizYMFnGPnud2J4QOxRb8GcOzXo9iUE2g3x3SN9D8uByXruyeewPujU5l73g=w2400

06T4f40BvFUCQK4Sq1lkEjuXlOGqZHod345JzahP_enB4Mutmjpm0_pjECFUDkqznO_tQw15pcQCwuDKcX_PkyePyE4BIjzXTQ_tcRzaIhl1g7Tg7-W57qfoPVEtiXQkFIa8i3h1Bw=w2400

FspgoHyQyPP1suuFlZYfsNqmspOme8bFQIEQHauqfjLYHIYVlN3SF2P7i_MycOst9tq8SB-jX2_Du3C8QtOnE2XPDqWPlcm7WaWohmCY-w8T6Q3eRpxO8c0Oiaf6WFJhaIOp0CiY6A=w2400

FK2om70XeojYVty7uJTVzgTNzj381Kj-ssOjnlWLOkk0Riy3lfi0DMlQ2mi70jOpwN15BdijISg5pgJv5PyGj6FLIN5qn-Qzds6zpjcCSRfg4eh2BDyTXJFpDFyvtZk8yxh0M6XabQ=w2400

Getting the lenses in is tricky, as others have noted. One of the more critical moments of the build. I went with E6000, placed in the cavity, right at the point that the lens would stop. I used a tweezer type of tool, positioned it best I could over the cavity, and quickly pushed the lens down with my finger into position. Worked well. I put the reticle right behind the lens, held in place by 2 tiny fragments of scotch tape...so that it's not visible at all. In stead of paying $50 for a pack of printable overhead sheets, I just had a single transparent page printed through Staples Copy and Print with the reticules on them. Cost me 3 bucks.
de-5Yclctf2Iq_V9zhhism6CebAHwzZW_h6IQBQhuCZnj2IxRENKotkbZ952d8e9Hvc-jZ7ih5o-8bLqEQUcRVr66uCBRZISd3AozmI3JehqSVJ_7s4KDM6oxDCW-7vuM3kqYMcuUQ=w2400

Can't wait for my first troop! I'll put in my EIB and Centurion apps pretty soon too...I want them to be with leather boots though, so I'm waiting on my Imperial Boots order to arrive! 

Great work, Colin. That’s a really nice looking blaster. Lovely paint and weathering. :-)

Glad you like the counter numbers.

Best of luck with your EIB, Centurion and your first troop.

Best wishes,
Dan

8 minutes ago, CableGuy said:

Great work, Colin. That’s a really nice looking blaster. Lovely paint and weathering. :-)

Glad you like the counter numbers.

Best of luck with your EIB, Centurion and your first troop.

Best wishes,
Dan

Thanks Dan! Means a lot coming from you! Your build thread was my go to! ;)

Thanks Dan! Means a lot coming from you! Your build thread was my go to!

Wow - I’m honoured. Really glad my thread was useful. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...
Hi Collin you're blaster turned out amazing! I have a question, so what was the graphic that you ended up using? It doesn't look like either of the 2 that Glen posted

Hiya,

That was something I knocked up at the time using Serif Page Plus. Unfortunately, I don’t have that program anymore as I switched jobs. :-(