ocmano

Hello, Seatte WA USA

Already a Titan Garrison member as a ESB Vader, but looking to get a TK ANH for those troops where there's already a Vader. 

Been doing some research and I really like RS Propmasters so far.  However, I'm 6'2" and 240lb (46" Chest / 42" Waist) and am a little worried if they do work on people this big. 

Anyone around my size have a RS Propmasters TK or should I go with a RT or AM kit?

Kind of like the RS Propmasters as they have a 'complete' kit.  I don't have a lot of workspace in my townhouse so doing a full assembly would be kind of rough (plus my wife would kill me taking up even more space).

Suggestions?

Thanks!

Edited by ocmano

Hello and welcome aboard, some suppliers do offer longer shins so always good to ask, also ask the limit of their costume for height. Good luck on the journey.

Hello and welcome aboard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hi Aaron! Welcome to FISD! 

Hey Aaron - RT and AM are best for bigger guys.  TM can work too if you shim and it ask for the taller legs.  The only downside of RT is the wait time - he can be 9 months outl

Hi Aaron and welcome to the FISD!  You have been given some great advice so far. I certainly would recommend AM. You can find them on Facebook as well by searching Armor Masters. I know you build a Vader so wait times probably don’t scare you, but RT is also a good choice if you want to wait the 9 months. Have fun!

Welcome to the Detachment lines mate - great to have you with us!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Welcome to the home of shiny white armor, Aaron!  Lots of great advice here for ya'.  Since you have limited space, an RS custom made kit may be the way to go, so you could email them and let them know your needs.  Both RT and AM are great choices if you want to build your own, but I believe AM is running at about 4-6 weeks for delivery as opposed to 9 months for RT.

I have a feeling RS don't do longer shins but it wouldn't hurt to ask them.  TM do as well.  Also worth considering is RWA who do both longer shins and a deeper kidney plate, which adds about 2" each side.

I am going with AM, currently 601 and about 230. Every single person that has seen me in person has said to go with AM. also, and kinda got to be honest, building your kit is somewhat a right of passage. I think ordering a "complete" kit kinda takes a lot of the fun and having the "get to know you" phase of your kit. something messes up you wont know how the made it or the best way to fix it. IDK I guess its just me, but there is a ton of pride that might be lost on ordering a "ready to wear" kit. Just my two cents. Welcome aboard and good luck in which ever way you go!@ Keep us posted

Hello and welcome to the FISD! Think everyone has already pointed you in the right direction in terms of making your choice! Many people build their kits themselves and many have them commissioned from others - no choice is better than the other (though one tends to be cheaper)!

For troops when there's already a Vader?!  Lucky Garrison you have!  Haha. Welcome to the ranks!

Thanks all. Yeah mailed RS and sending over measurements. Will be nice to be able to go TK on occasions.

Yeah Titan Garrisons got a lot of Vaders. LoL. Want to be able to back the other guys up when needed. Can never have too many TKs.

Now have to decide normal TK or SandTrooper. . .

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Start with the TK. It's easy to make a TK in to a TD.  You can't go the other way around.

Or, start with a TK and when it gets all banged up, make it a TD and get a new TK.  That's what I did back in the day :)

2 hours ago, ocmano said:

Thanks all. Yeah mailed RS and sending over measurements. Will be nice to be able to go TK on occasions.

Yeah Titan Garrisons got a lot of Vaders. LoL. Want to be able to back the other guys up when needed. Can never have too many TKs.

Now have to decide normal TK or SandTrooper. . .

I’m coming in at 5’10” 250 pounds and I went with AM and it was plenty big enough to go taller and larger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 4/2/2018 at 2:10 PM, ocmano said:

plus my wife would kill me taking up even more space

Lol.  You're singing my song, brother.  Welcome to the FISD.  And as mentioned above, I would go TK first as well (and I did). 

Lol.  You're singing my song, brother.  Welcome to the FISD.  And as mentioned above, I would go TK first as well (and I did). 
Yeah going TK since its less gear to hump around. Sent measurements off to RS Props. Fingers crossed.

On ‎23‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 2:39 AM, ocmano said:

Yeah going TK since its less gear to hump around. Sent measurements off to RS Props. Fingers crossed.

Looking forward to seeing you with armor.

I have a 5 year old set of armor which I've trooped heavily in, getting to the stage now that the scratches and cracks are a little more than I'd like for a shinny TK so it will be converted to a sandy in time. Luckily I purchased another set of TK armor some time ago which is awaiting assembly, just waiting for some good days to start on it.

Incidentally you don't always need a backpack for a sandy, some didn't wear them in the movie ;) 

Glad you're doing a TK Aaron. 17 Vaders is a lot for us, so more TKs are always welcome!

Welcome to the FISD.

If it's not too late you'd be amazed how little space you need to build a TK.  Mine was built in the living room on an IKEA LACK table!  Okay stuff was sort of strewn around the room while I worked but you don't need a huge workshop to build one.

Heard back from RS Props and sounds like I'm too tall and large for their kits.

Reaching out to Armor Master (troopersupplies@hotmail.com) now.  Guess I'll be building one after all.

Hope I'm better at it than I was when I made models as a kid.  Used to get glue and paint everywhere.  :P

Edited by ocmano