Which way does the forearm armor go?

Hi, I working on putting a strap between the biceps and the forearm but I’m not sure which way it’s suppose to go. In the picture, the ‘A’ way allows for movement but the ‘B’ seem to be more popular.

thanks in advance.

382DD2A8-070C-44FD-8D4A-320CAE7B3CF9.jpeg

Coverstrips should line up, like 'B', but your elastic is incorrect in both options. Should be to the side not right on the joint if that makes sense.

Edited by Harbinger
  • Like 1

I'd say it's half way between both A and B. 

Run the edge of the 2" elastic along the cover strip with the body of the elastic on the inside of the arm.  So approx 1 o'clock ish if the cover strip is noon.

• Like 1

What Mathias showed you is the right arm from the RS suit (Movie accurate) and as Brien mentioned the cover strips should line up. here`s another ref pic for you and you can find them all in the gallery:salute:

(Still the right arm)

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed
  • Like 1

To repeat others - yeah, the coverstrips need to be lined up.

For the elastic, I used something closer to B.  I tried having my elastics offset like the Billhag diagram (similar to the RS suit).  I didn't like it.  Then I put the elastic underneath the cover strip seam - and it was much better (my forearm kept better alignment with the bicep and the elastic didn't bulge out when I bent my arm).  I also went with thinner elastic - I tried the wider first but found is bunched up too much when I bent my arm.  That is what worked for me but, as long as you use E6000, you can change it down the road if you are not happy.

Keep up the good work!

Edited by wook1138
  • Like 1

As Greg mentioned the alignment and bunching issue he had I feel the need to point out that on my builds I used the screen accurate method (like you see above) and to be perfectly clear, theres nothing wrong in using a different way, that`s not the point I`m trying to make - important. Just to state that I had no issue with alignment or bunching using the same method as they did on the Movie. Feel free the check my builds and video by using the links under the Nordic Garrison logo:salute: And...check out Gregs build too, lots of great info there:duim:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheSwede said:

What Mathias showed you is the right arm from the RS suit (Movie accurate) and as Brien mentioned the cover strips should line up. here`s another ref pic for you and you can find them all in the gallery:salute:

(Still the right arm)

That was not the RS suit I showed, but one in store at the LFL archives. But it's accurate none the less. ;)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Locitus said:

That was not the RS suit I showed, but one in store at the LFL archives. But it's accurate none the less. ;)

Ahh! My bad:blink: and to clarify my blunder: the RS suit is a screen used suit in the possession of RS Prop Master studio, hence the name, however both suits have been used in the movie:smiley-sw013:

Although with thinner elastics, I also followed the Billhags diagram (very similar positioning to the originals) and it works well in terms of alignment and flexibility.

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk