CLOSED - CRL for Force Unleashed Stormtrooper

35 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

If it's the same as TKC the rivets are spaced a lot wider than a Hero version and also are on both sides of the belt, this is at basic for TKC

Also TD has two versions with TKC and neither allow ANH style.

I must admit I've not fully dove into this version but I'd gather should be TKC styled.

The ANH style TD (although inaccurate) can be cleared for TKC basic, but you would need the correct style for the higher levels. Since this costume is structurally identical to the TKC, I left those same requirements in for this CRL.

2 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

If it's the same as TKC the rivets are spaced a lot wider than a Hero version and also are on both sides of the belt, this is at basic for TKC

Also TD has two versions with TKC and neither allow ANH style.

I must admit I've not fully dove into this version but I'd gather should be TKC styled.

Ah ok. I may have missed it, but are the rivets listed anywhere?

Ah ok. I may have missed it, but are the rivets listed anywhere?

The rivets are mentioned in the Centurion requirements in the red text for the belt and abdomen armor.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SolidScrafty said:

The rivets are mentioned in the Centurion requirements in the red text for the belt and abdomen armor. emoji846.png

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Found it! Haha sorry for the noise.

• Like 1

WIP CRL page is here, thank you Eric for helping to get that set up!  https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_TFU

I'll be slowly adding the text over/making necessary adjustments as we move towards the go-live with it :)

I've renamed this section to Force Unleashed Stormtrooper as well.

Going to make a few suggestions as these are transcribed.

I think we should follow the MEPD style for weathering:  

All Sandtrooper armor parts are weathered.

at the top of each item.  Then in the future link to a specific weathering page with details.  We can reuse that style with the TKC and the HWT in the future, since all use similar weathering styles.

I also am going to make a specific call out on the helmet to match references with the helmet weathering.

Further...

On 3/27/2018 at 3:53 AM, SolidScrafty said:

OPTIONAL Level two certification (if applicable):

• Ears shall have three screws per side, one above and one below the ear bar and one at the base of the helmet.
  • Ear bars have four bumps only, not three.
  • Traps/tears and tube stripes shall have the correct ANH TK details
  • Correct 'Hovi mic' aerator tips.

OPTIONAL Level three certification (if applicable):

• Ear bars shall have only one or two bumps painted in black (rank stripes).
  • Neck trim shall be of an s-type profile rather than a u-type profile.
  • Tears/traps shall be hand painted or use decals that emulate hand painted (with correct ANH TK details).
  • Ear screws shall be slotted, flat topped, countersunk and painted white.

Secondly a lot of the ANH-specific or movie-specific details are going away.  It's a video game and doesn't have U or S profile trim on the helmet... I know we replicate this currently for things like the HWT and the TKC, but we should omit these kinds of details as they're not sourced (just copied).

Okay last and most important question... Is the lightsaber staying? ;)  It's a player skin that's unlocked when used with a lightsaber

• 1 month later...

https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_TFU

Most images cut and added.  The transcribed text had a lot of movie costume specifics cut since it's irrelevant to a game character.

I need a picture of the things with adjusted cover strip, and the a few bullet points for the weathering page, and we should be ready to greenlight.  LMO office is looking it over too.

Please take a look for any glaring issues.  :)

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sorry I'm late to the party, and please don't hate me for this but has anyone noticed the back plate on the game images?  In looking at the caps below, there is a separate plate sitting inside the O II area as seen in the corners and right side in the second photo as well as what appears to be a screw/rivet at the bottom.

The color of the inside plate is also different, (light gray).  If you look at the surrounding areas, you can tell it's not a shadow, as the gray color is consistent on the entire interior and differs from the bluish hue that the shadows cast.

AMIYZNC.png    faXY9mQ.png  s8k3Co0.jpg

To take it one step further, The I I lines are rounded, not the distinct 3-D rectangles as seen in the second 2 video game images and in regular OT armor.

W2RuTmy.jpg       CPUMVm8.png?1    n1XfroN.png?1

Since no-one makes this particular back plate (yet) it may be a stretch to add it as a requirement for L3, but imo it should be given some consideration as it's a pretty significant difference.

• Back plate shall have no, or minimal overlap of the kidney plate.
  • AM back plate is replaced with a more screen accurate version.
  • Vertical raised "I I" humps shall be rounded and not raised rectangles as seen on OT armor.  (Suggestion)
  • Interior of back plate has a separate plate (painted gray) which fits over the O I I raised areas.  (Suggestion)
  • Back plate has a small screw on the bottom of the gray insert.  (Suggestion)

• 1 month later...

Interesting find Joseph.

This makes me wonder if the same should app!y to Stromtrooper Commander / Incinerator L3 as well. Theoretically they are of the same model just with a different skin.

08b4bfcbeab1c9113bf07f8777cfdef4.jpg

Just another observation, but since AM changed their back plate quite a while ago to be more accurate should that not now be omitted from centurion?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 6 months later...
On 12/23/2019 at 8:53 PM, justjoseph63 said:

Sorry I'm late to the party, and please don't hate me for this but has anyone noticed the back plate on the game images?  In looking at the caps below, there is a separate plate sitting inside the O II area as seen in the corners and right side in the second photo as well as what appears to be a screw/rivet at the bottom.

The color of the inside plate is also different, (light gray).  If you look at the surrounding areas, you can tell it's not a shadow, as the gray color is consistent on the entire interior and differs from the bluish hue that the shadows cast.

AMIYZNC.png    faXY9mQ.png  s8k3Co0.jpg

To take it one step further, The I I lines are rounded, not the distinct 3-D rectangles as seen in the second 2 video game images and in regular OT armor.

W2RuTmy.jpg       CPUMVm8.png?1    n1XfroN.png?1

Since no-one makes this particular back plate (yet) it may be a stretch to add it as a requirement for L3, but imo it should be given some consideration as it's a pretty significant difference.

• Vertical raised "I I" humps shall be rounded and not raised rectangles as seen on OT armor.  (Suggestion)
  • Interior of back plate has a separate plate (painted gray) which fits over the O I I raised areas.  (Suggestion)

Not sure what the hold up was with the CRL but thought I'd throw in my 2 cents.

I think we have to keep in mind what is game and what we can replicate in real world, also this is basically a standard white TKC

With the raised/curved rectangles "II" the render of the costume does not show them although they are there in the game, TKC is the same ;) So for realistic costume I would not have curved.

0Nun24t.pngV1F3Zzt.png

Personally I don't think there is a separate plate, I believe it is weathering as it compares to other areas of the armor, some darkness in the corners but again same as TKC so that could just be dark weathering build up.

I  do however see something grey in the bottom center of the backplate so could be a screw, a small crew sticker would suffice in my mind. Incidentally not present on TKC

A couple of things I did notice from the applicant is the shoulder bells, they have rounded corners and straight sided, the render shoulder bells are curved on the sides but do not have rounded corners.

ZC5qkWn.jpg&key=2bf31c16604ff11e812516c2U7ALuDg.jpg

Also the 5th button on the smaller ab plate is lower than the larger ab plate, should beC: The left vertical row of ab plate buttons contain five buttons (fifth button must align one button higher than the top button of the larger button plate).

D0aV1C9.jpg&key=ba0fc84d1ad2ed1784de3de3bm0A7KC.jpg

There is also the belt, it is a different color and has a center rivet hole

EdJ35Uw.jpg&key=65130ce85b5265a197b76ae2

Original costume for CRL being sold https://www.501st.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=107569

First post updated with the same info as TKC as they are the same costume just without stripes, what ever get's modified here will also no doubt need adding to the TKC CRL

Hey all, sorry for vanishing. Long story, not gonna get into it here.

I'm in talks with some people interested in purchasing this armor. Unexpected things came up so I needed to offload this. The requested change has been made to the thigh cover strip, but you will be receiving a new set of suited up photos from whomever picks this up. I'll let you know who it is when the kit ships.

It was a pleasure working with you all on this CRL. I hope to collaborate again one day on a new project. 

24 minutes ago, SolidScrafty said:

Hey all, sorry for vanishing. Long story, not gonna get into it here.

I'm in talks with some people interested in purchasing this armor. Unexpected things came up so I needed to offload this. The requested change has been made to the thigh cover strip, but you will be receiving a new set of suited up photos from whomever picks this up. I'll let you know who it is when the kit ships.

It was a pleasure working with you all on this CRL. I hope to collaborate again one day on a new project. 

I noticed the post on the legion forums yesterday which reminded me to have a look at the CRL and see what I need to do to get a build going as I'm looking at doing a TKC later down the track.

Sorry to hear you are no longer going forward with this project. Thank you for your research and good luck with what's next on your build list :salute:

I found a few new details yesterday which is also common the TKC and Incinerator trooper, the back of the thighs overlap from inside to outside, the shins still close outside over inside but they have a small angle cut at the top. Whether on not this will be a requirement or not only time will tell but as the armor (with U trim) is common to ROTJ I would gather we would just emulate that, so stick with outside covering inside on the back of the thighs.

H11o1K8.png

tZPLsrN.png

No doubt what ever get's added to this CRL should also be added to TKC and Incinerator CRL's as they are all based on the same costume.

Yeah i think we just leave it as overlap method, so those that decide they wish to convert from RoTJ can make the necessary changes without having to rip armour apart.

Glen if you are picking up the mantle on this CRL that's fantastic, i look forward to your progress and build thread.

On 9/24/2020 at 9:48 AM, Sly11 said:

Yeah i think we just leave it as overlap method, so those that decide they wish to convert from RoTJ can make the necessary changes without having to rip armour apart.

Glen if you are picking up the mantle on this CRL that's fantastic, i look forward to your progress and build thread.

Just going through comparison from TKC to TFU and we allow both overlap and butt/join/coverstrip for TKC so I'll add both versions to TFU

I will also lock this thread as Mike has sold the armor, new CRL thread is here: 

• Like 1