ANH Stunt Build (Back in the game)

Hi Juan. 

Brow looks good to me. Hero usually sits right on the top of the eyes. Yours looks like it has at least 1/4inch. 

Regarding the thermal det, are the clips right up the the end caps? Hard to tell on that pic. 

Best wishes

Dan

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CableGuy said:

Hi Juan. 

Brow looks good to me. Hero usually sits right on the top of the eyes. Yours looks like it has at least 1/4inch. 

Regarding the thermal det, are the clips right up the the end caps? Hard to tell on that pic. 

Best wishes

Dan

Hi Dan, the clips are sitting at both end of the TD faceplate 

28 minutes ago, BananoPower22 said:

Hi Dan, the clips are sitting at both end of the TD faceplate 

Hiya. 

Cool. Just a heads up in case you’re going for EIB and Centurion; these would need to be up against the end caps with little or no gap. Here’s a ref pic:

cN2fpGd.jpg

It’s quite an easy mod if you wanted to do it. 

Best wishes

Dan

1 hour ago, CableGuy said:

Hiya. 

Cool. Just a heads up in case you’re going for EIB and Centurion; these would need to be up against the end caps with little or no gap. Here’s a ref pic:

cN2fpGd.jpg

It’s quite an easy mod if you wanted to do it. 

Best wishes

Dan

The type of picture I was looking for. I looked around with a little bit of help of the search bar but the results weren’t that helpful. I’ll fix this tonight and upload some new ones with the updated version of the TD. Is the faceplate and endcaps placement good? The end caps aren’t permanently set in place, should I glue or leave them as they are? You *have* to know they’re not set in place to try to force them out as well. Good place to hide deathsticks for those long shifts 

• Like 1

I literally had to copy it off my phone, upload it to facebook because Photobucket is junk. Update on the TD Clips: 

Also any comments about the AP mic tips? They’re from AP. Are they good for Centurion?

E56CBC4F-F763-4B5E-B2E5-E86645912C44.jpeg

Edited by BananoPower22
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, BananoPower22 said:

I literally had to copy it off my phone, upload it to facebook because Photobucket is junk. Update on the TD Clips: 

Also any comments about the AP mic tips? They’re from AP. Are they good for Centurion?

Mic tips should be good. 

• 1 month later...

So I finally got my undersuit, a 6 piece black Lycra suit actually — head, hands feet and body, but I just need the body part and probably carve a neat balaclava with the head part. The gloves it brought look pretty good for ESB but that’s another story.

I took my measurements while holding the armor together with some masking tape. Took notes and Used a pencil to mark down the areas where the armor was held. This way I can see where it should be trimmed and add the strapping and little details later on

0bc9185da4257af99c5f7c86835a8592.jpg

I’ve got thicc thighs so I’m kind of having an issue with them as how I should trim and add the cover strips so it looks just right.

c3683f635c586ec539d22983c53ff134.jpg

It’s a bit overwhelming so I’ll start with the arms and the whole ab area once the belt is purchase and arrives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 6:38 AM, BananoPower22 said:

Also, if your going for Centurion, those mic tips need to be painted white around the rim

Also, if your going for Centurion, those mic tips need to be painted white around the rim

I see what you mean. That can easily be sorted by sanding the tip area and exposing the resin, which is white.

There are still a few details on the helmet I haven’t on worked yet. I also don’t like the brow position so I’ll try to take it a bit higher.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 4:46 PM, BananoPower22 said:

I see what you mean. That can easily be sorted by sanding the tip area and exposing the resin, which is white.

There are still a few details on the helmet I haven’t on worked yet. I also don’t like the brow position so I’ll try to take it a bit higher.

Huh, the brow looks pretty good to me. but its your bucket!

14 hours ago, BananoPower22 said:

I’m debating on using white or off white for the belt. Looking at reference pictures I can’t really choose from either 

Either one is acceptable and will allow you to reach centurion level. its all about what you like. I think generally the "off white" is more screen accurate because the material used was weathered. but again, its yours, so go with either: what you can. What is easy to get. or what is cheaper lol

• 8 months later...

Hey everyone, sorry for the lack of updates. I’ve been working a lot and not working on the armor, moved into a new place and new things have been happening.

I’ve been slowly picking my build where I left it, and so far I’ve been working on the strapping for the upper armor area. The shoulder bridges stick out like a sore thumb because they were trimmed right of the plastic sheet here once it got home, so I’m wondering if it’s best a hot bath or just a heat gun would do?

056fb0fa4d539418bfe983518735a0c6.jpg&key=3ef53a3da258e1a472dee9cf25b254ffed9c2b0456f9877ce602faa4140f9158

I’m also a big guy so I’ve been working around and trying to find a way to make my calves look good and take care of the cover strips. Now, that being said, I’ll post a picture below showing how the left calf looks and the cover strip is 20mm and it just doesn’t look right to me IMO. Too narrow? Am I allowed to add a few extra mm’s of plastic to each strip or will it affect me later on for EIB/Centurion?

189c70bdca1303038f8cbd91eedc280f.jpg&key=94d55d25c1c353231d600f0bc9094c0d1982a617a346e2951eb31c2fe29ae6ef

After I’m done with the calves, I’ll go up and tackle the thighs which is my second and biggest issue because THICC thighs, but I’ve enough plastic around to make it work. AP armor definitely doesn’t stops me from being a Stormtrooper despite my body type, just gotta do it right!

I think I’m done with the front of the calves. Now I just need to cut and add the rear cover strip and ((figure out)) a comfortable strapping system that I can use for the armor pieces. Thicc legs isn’t an easy gift.

The thighs just have me set for stun, and actually stunned. I don’t have any pictures but i do beet to trim them and add all the cover strips, which “finally leads to biceps and arms.

I’ve already got most of the armor set such as: blaster, holster, canvas belt, thermal detonator and a looot of willpower to get this done before 2020, which would be, by October 27 2010; around the time I also got approved which was Oct 30-31ish. I’m pretty excited about this and I’m looking forward to showing you guys more!

214133f575561279f3da1dbe66b4bed8.jpg

Cheers

On 4/16/2019 at 8:41 AM, BananoPower22 said:

showing how the left calf looks and the cover strip is 20mm and it just doesn’t look right to me IMO. Too narrow? Am I allowed to add a few extra mm’s of plastic to each strip or will it affect me later on for EIB/Centurion?

You can add a few mm, it will look better:duim:

• 2 years later...

Few years later and with some help, I managed to get my build ready for trooping. There are some issues that will be fixed

along the way in terms of comfort and flexibility. EIB and hopefully Centurion are my

next goals.

E24F6F94-1AD6-48DD-8786-8FB2BC15E717.thumb.jpeg.c8a7b1914585360992c822537e225570.jpeg

Any comments would be greatly appreciated!

2C53BA05-2387-4D56-8C34-2CFA88C6EDB7.jpeg

37AB40DA-6613-4CBE-9D5B-2A406A76E242.jpeg

8A090899-1A75-44DC-B4E3-4F04510F54C5.jpeg

E43EAE73-B636-4157-AA64-74F71E1A3458.jpeg

4CCC6893-B5E8-46A7-A826-840F708D0201.jpeg

Edited by BananoPower22