New Zealand FO-TK wip from 850

darthkenny

Nice job hutt trooper.

06bdba676664183c48eeceb8318d00e9.jpg

a78c00f551fd17512bb458dd007ea80d.jpg

Kept it functional as a nerf and took some liberty leaving the barrel white as I thought the T-tracks stood out better that way. Will add Crome to the sights at a later date

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice painting on the nerf!

What fabric did you use for the gasket? It's come out great. I thought I'd end up buying some gaskets (assuming that Anovos haven't improved their gaskets with the new armour?) but looking at yours I'm wondering if making might just be an option for me too...? Did you get the fabric locally (in NZ)?

Nice painting on the nerf!

What fabric did you use for the gasket? It's come out great. I thought I'd end up buying some gaskets (assuming that Anovos haven't improved their gaskets with the new armour?) but looking at yours I'm wondering if making might just be an option for me too...? Did you get the fabric locally (in NZ)?

It’s a stretchy rubbery coated fabric. Didn’t keep the fabric name, but they had several similar,from spotlight. And the foam is a soft 12 open-cell foam for pararubber

Came out great, make sure you have enough room when it comes to the knees for movement when sewing them, I had to unpick a set and re sew

Finished bar the straps for the shoulders. Need a trip to the emporium first.

f3405016fc38f05f54785b3ebced09bd.jpg

This is how I made them if anyone else it trying DIY. the elbows and knees were easy, just cut out a rhomboid with the top the circumference if the biceps or thigh and the bottoms the circumstance of the shin or wrist.

The shoulders were made by making a pattern out of an old work tshirt. Then I used a gentle spray adhesive to glue the shiny rubbery fabric to the foam (10mm open clear foam) and folded over an edge and used a better fabric glue. Care here as this was acetone based so did come through and affect the shiny side of the fabric, store I only used it for the back side hems.

Then see lots. The width of the foot turned out as perfect for sizing the ribs.

For the straps I used elastic with adjusters for a better fit and gives some play for movement.

Looking good

For the straps I used elastic with adjusters for a better fit and gives some play for movement.

Looking good

Just sewed in some webbing. Will test it tomorrow. The gasket itself has a little give but I can hit the webbing and sew in some elastic if needed.

Thanks for sharing Kenton - it's looking great. Could you perhaps show another picture of the old t-shirt template you used? I quite quite get my head around what you've described...? Thanks

I marked a curve around the T-shirt where I thought the gasket would finish. Then cut it out.

e76284ac47b079b9825d7193600fc576.jpg

Looked like this. Then cut the bottom fold to open it up.

f188bb8fd905a83cec95007a9fff15eb.jpg

Opens up to this and the. I have a pattern that fits me. Need to double check the size of the sleeve before and after making to ensure it fits in the biceps top end

Lots done during the forum down

81fa0de463f3be80e68254fc76dacfc9.jpg

I decided to remake my soft pouches, started by printing my pattern from a cad program called Visio.

Cut it out and then cut the pattern out on a stiff called interfacing. This is for stiffening fabrics and irons on to stick. Fiancée has been playing with sewing herself so I’ve learnt stuff too.

53c599ca423fb15926fe05ef454e0d21.jpg

Stuck to black canvas and then cut again.

I sewed the know edges around the top and stared a mixture of sewing and gluing it.

99ee85b51d0e919b89dca9580f473b2a.jpg

a29b712d6e2d443292fcd0fda4c3aa1b.jpg

Turned inside out and sewed for strength.

27a2befe2d47bbf7b9a95fdc86f2a7ea.jpg

Glued down some internal seams.

003f8c803929661119f5f7e260cd68f4.jpg

A little foam to keep shape.

afe56946c656ce618c46148deb89beba.jpg

Mark 3 on the left compared to mark 2 with hard plastic inserts. Tall pouch still fits my phone.

f3b51a3466cd0f3a06851f42a5554c99.jpg
Wet sanding 800grit done, much easier than the sanding the primer.

A garage full of painted pieces of armor.

8bf40393aec04789850f5ea49768c088.jpg

And a quick screw you to rustoleum for the rand crinkly crap. This one sanded out well and isn’t noticeable, but the spat needs another wet sand and the first spray on the yoke spat lumps meaning that needs sanding again too!!!

731ead95600847ee8b0be88bbedce27f.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Lots of sanding, panting and an automotive top coat.

50456eee0baec2a4fd5e383023d897cc.jpg

Shins Velcroed

5a61ebbe07dac491572d624ca9de3a55.jpg

Belt layers snapped and glued

2d168b0d98c4e798da4e6f258da8afcd.jpg

Holster added, though the screw was a bit short and cracked the acrylic as I tried to secure it.

1e0a72604be2e26181b5e2eaacbd02ea.jpg

I have filled the gap with super glue. Will sand and touch up the paint.

Screw goes through the garter to ensure weight is taken well and shifted to my hips not the armor.

74f1a187eed03b8cba4cd5c0ce63edae.jpg

It's looking awesome Kenton. Great idea about connecting the holster through to the garter to reduce the weight of the weapon being carried by the armour itself. I'll use that when (if) I get my Anovos delivery....

Thanks, I have a spare set of pouches if you don’t have one yet