New Zealand FO-TK wip from 850

darthkenny

So I’ve pulled my bbb apart and laid it out.

First impressions:

It’s a bit thinner than my anovos ot-tk and the pulls aren’t as crips, which I’d say was mostly the male plug molds. That said the price was about 1/4 my first tk. And I actually have it. No helmet in this kit, but as I got an anovos when they were first released that’s ok. Keeps the cost down too.

The resin grebeles aren’t great. I think it’s going to be most likely I’ll make one of each size perfect and remove the 3D print lines then cast them up from that. Should same time and use the silicone and resin I’ve had sitting around from my kylo belt wondering what to use it for.

There are no instructions so I’ll be bastardizing the set from kb props and uskwrath’s anovos build to put bits in the right place.

89f59a5a44595355463ed4f691078093.jpg

Not entirely sure what these parts are. Assuming some clip for the spats and part of the thermal detonator (lots of other parts for the TD already here)

d3d95558ce7cd05535b9488a3364f97a.jpg

And there’s no blaster holster, but while waiting I made my own and had it laser cut in 3mm acrylic.

9b6b00555ed7839e34df3c3b25027e0f.jpg

With a slightly modded nerf gun (added an air soft grip so it was the right size for my hands) the idea here is it’s more ruggared than the laser printing I’m going to do from Germain’s 5thhorseman files

692104deab400bf92979185551123036.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, Geralddishman123 said:

I am looking forward to this as well as I have just joined and will need all the help I can get! If you don't mind me asking...where did you get your armor from? 

FOTK Anovos (Beta group). I own a couple 850 kits (Death trooper and Shoretrooper)

I am looking forward to this as well as I have just joined and will need all the help I can get! If you don't mind me asking...where did you get your armor from? 

This is 850. They did a couple for friends for tfa I think. Mostly they’ve done death troopers and shore troopers but recently they started a limited run and I grabbed the first one, yay.

Today’s work, mostly a failure. Made a gasket, turned out too small. Had some practice sewing straight lines though
25d9348963b487f52fbc564033fef757.jpg

be4cdf9e9f121087660f5759c9fc23c0.jpg

And painting the SE-44C. Doesn’t look so bad in the photo but the primer went crackly??? Didn’t notice till too late (read too impatient in autumn to wait for it to fully cure)

39f4bff6fe015a6c70efad7c1c46971b.jpg

Not sure why I’m ignoring the mammoth task of cutting the plastic but making the pouches. Maybe this is the cart ahead of the horse as I e realized the gaskets probably need to wait till I’ve conn cues the arm parts to make them the right size but I continue with soft parts. ff414937c309c979ff216781f558014e.jpg

2b83616b4c1e1c1ad39c6f3ffa4143e5.jpg

Started cutting. The boxes look a bit thin to me, but one can only be that thick so I made the rest proportional. These boxes have no back so I’ll have to scratch build some up which may add some depth.

This abs from 850 is pretty easy to cut.

No backs? Bummer, though the far left box doesn't have a back. Good news is if you use rubber for the backs on the center boxes it will be canon :duim: 

• Like 1

Cutting has increased. Both spat parts (seams strange calling them that. For me spats are compression leggings for wrestling and grappling) and cut foam. This is less dense than Tony’s so hopefully it’ll sand smooth too.

474435c0b07debd670cf06f6c433e284.jpg

Filled the rough lines from the 3D printing. Ready to cast, hopefully silicone laid tomorrow.

8c18d64801c1bea6680becfc343b994a.jpg

Nice work. Interested to see how the foam work out :duim:

Me too. Only ever done thin painted Eva. It may be hard to get the clean edges. If I can’t I’ll grease up to the rubber shop and see if they can trim small pieces.

The anovos came out real nice. Interestingly it’s in between the other two’s sizes. There’s a bubble in the large one. Not sure if OCD overrides the wasting silicone. It’s only two clips and they’ll be easy to cut out the reverse bubbles.

f0215ba948588cb723ffd03b9b8b8bf6.jpg