New Zealand FO-TK wip from 850

darthkenny

Belt done. Stickers and fabric behind pull boxes added

d91faabc4ce82f35922ae589b5f081ec.jpg&key=c97d0eaa8589233529f89a5c4b85f7c5e70e8117553550fe777fb551775decc3

Big question; anyone think of a reason I can’t glue this, rather than rely on Velcro? I glued my ot tk arm’s stepping and have never had an issue taking them on or off or storing them inside the shins.

a21c629b9ea3bbb7a65549e104319ee7.jpg&key=10f557c38d71f6c1c8ba462e184776c12e57f05355ee91850aa67d2e296064be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 8/31/2018 at 7:01 PM, darthkenny said:

Thanks, I have a spare set of pouches if you don’t have one yet

Thanks Kenton, I really appreciate the offer. The Anovos armour is meant to come with pouches and I’m still holding out that it will ship eventually, so there may be another local trooper who could use these more than me? (If the anovos pouches are junk, or delays continue to the point where I eventually feel I have to jUmp suppliers I might try my luck and come back to you...). Thanks again.

Velcro added

ceee01c0e93f5d93ba9644e54514b928.jpg

Had to change the shoulder Velcro to be tabs. Lots of unpicking but it wasn’t quite long enough to use the Velcro on the sleeves.

I don’t have little arms but despite looking alright during construction the biceps feel a bit loose.

Also have to change the clips on the spats. I went with putting the snaps on top so I didn’t have to risk damaging the paint job but it looks a bit budget for my ocd levels.

7 minutes ago, darthkenny said:

Overwhelming response on Facebook, I can always go glue if I’m not happy with Velcro easier than the other way around.

Ahh gotcha! Thought that maybe you`ve gotten a PM or otherwise heard it wasn`t allowed for some reason - thanks:)

4 hours ago, TheSwede said:

Any reason as to why you didn`t end up gluing them?:)

Because if you needed to repair something gluing them would make the repair process that much more involved. 2 cents

• Like 2

Beautiful.

Helpful suggestions: The cod could be trimmed down a bit and the leading edge of the thigh should cross the center of the thigh (though not sure there's much you can do about it without major work)

Reference photo

Trooper front edit.JPG

Beautiful.

Helpful suggestions: The cod could be trimmed down a bit and the leading edge of the thigh should cross the center of the thigh (though not sure there's much you can do about it without major work)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks. First time I saw how big it was was in these photos. I have actually already chopped some of the top off, so now it will hopefully look better. Haven’t worn the new cod yet as this is harder to put on than ottk, but it looks more like the screen used hanging on a hanger now

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...