Choices choices which Armour

Welcome to FISD.

If you start by reading these two posts it should get you 90% of the way there. Once you've done that if you have any specific questions people will be more than willing to help out.

Welcome, Alan!  As mentioned, read through that list and decide which sounds best for you, and feel free to ask any questions if there is a particular armorer that you are interested in.

Hi Alan, 

welcome to FISD, when I started down this process I was totally unsure where to start, having had a good trawl through the internet I thankfully found FISD, and reading the threads Chris has shown you pointed me in the right direction.... heck..... the company that was originally on the top of my list was on the list of "who to avoid".... if it hadn't been for FISD, I would have made a very expensive mistake.

I also  looked at the CRLs on the 501st, that gave me an idea of what was required..... 

Full list if CRLs

http://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:CRLbyname

and for TK ANH stunt

http://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_anh_hero

once I had decided who to purchase my armour from, I looked up and studied build threads both on here and on my local garrison, I also looked up EIB and centurion applications from members who had the sameness armour I wa abetting, this showed me what could be achieved...

finally.... and I thought about this a lot, the hardest decision for me was do I get a commission or build the armour myself...... I rally lacked the confidence to start trimming, sizing and gluing armour, but a full commission was outside my budget.....

the guys n gals on here were full of encouragement, so I dove in at the deep end and went down the self build route...... I'm so pleased I did that, the help and encouragement I got from FISD was worth its weight in gold, as was the one to one support I got from the armourer assigned to me at my local garrison (the UKG) 

yes i I made the odd mistake, had the odd faux pas with the heat gun, however, the experience of people on here and my local armourer made sure that my mistakes could be rectified, heck the person who has never made a mistake has never done anything...

also so the camaraderie on here is amazing and helped me achieve my dream..... to own a set of TK armour....

so so good luck with your search and your build

stephen :)