TK-20112 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status (RT-Mod) [840]

On 6/21/2018 at 11:24 PM, SgtGarand said:

Wow looking great! A very clean build, especially on the bucket.  I think when you add the other photos EI should be in the bag. 

Also, very impressive that you can fit your cap inside your helmet. :laugh1:

Since you are aiming for Centurion, the one thing I see you could adjust in the meantime is the gap between your belt and drop boxes. It's very minimal but the goal is to have little to no gap and will make that Centurion badge appear under your name that much faster. 

5ab16cd1577f8_HolsterDetail.jpg.ed31dbc6c5ec640d40652fd00996a630.jpg.751719f7ebb9949cd69123639e553c06.jpg

Good luck trooper!

Thank you for that!! Hopefully I can attain EIB and then grab Centurion next? That drop box fix is easy enough to do. Noticed the elastics on the bridges were also not in place, but are already in place.

The only thing that might hold you up is waiting for those panhead screws. You may want to source those on your own, if you're eager and impatient...as I likely would be. I couldn't find any, so I just dremeled down some dome headed slotted screws. hehe.

18 hours ago, menschie said:

The only thing that might hold you up is waiting for those panhead screws. You may want to source those on your own, if you're eager and impatient...as I likely would be. I couldn't find any, so I just dremeled down some dome headed slotted screws. hehe.

@justjoseph63 Is generally pretty quick with shipping. The guy is awesome for what he provides, and have his stuff in my build. those Pan head screws shouldn't take long at all and shouldn't really hold it up for too long. Be patient and wait for them to come in, that way you know they are absolutely right. then go get your L3. Solid build!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Commander Gree said:

@justjoseph63 Is generally pretty quick with shipping. The guy is awesome for what he provides, and have his stuff in my build. those Pan head screws shouldn't take long at all and shouldn't really hold it up for too long. Be patient and wait for them to come in, that way you know they are absolutely right. then go get your L3. Solid build!

I wasn't slagging Joseph in the least. He's 100 % awesome. Was just giving him another very viable option (that got me to lvl3), but I just forgot that this was within the same country. I'm always thinking in terms of Canada...everything coming here gets weeks added on for customs etc.

6 minutes ago, menschie said:

I wasn't slagging Joseph in the least. He's 100 % awesome. Was just giving him another very viable option (that got me to lvl3), but I just forgot that this was within the same country. I'm always thinking in terms of Canada...everything coming here gets weeks added on for customs etc.

Oh for sure. Not thinking you were at all. Just wanted to support the "wait for it" mentality and have him get exactly the right thing from the right guy. I know how hard it is to wait, currently waiting on 501st approval with a Tie Reserve, while at the same time reading all these and working on my TK (aimed at L3 for sure). Love seeing all these and going through them will help me avoid some costly mistakes down the line

• Like 1

Just now, Commander Gree said:

Oh for sure. Not thinking you were at all. Just wanted to support the "wait for it" mentality and have him get exactly the right thing from the right guy. I know how hard it is to wait, currently waiting on 501st approval with a Tie Reserve, while at the same time reading all these and working on my TK (aimed at L3 for sure). Love seeing all these and going through them will help me avoid some costly mistakes down the line

Yeah, I hear ya. The process is all about "wait for it." LOL. Sometimes it's nice to just get something done when all you've been doing is waiting for it! hehe

• Like 1

1 hour ago, menschie said:

Yeah, I hear ya. The process is all about "wait for it." LOL. Sometimes it's nice to just get something done when all you've been doing is waiting for it! hehe

That is also true. I have been making crazy excuses, but so happy I finally jumped in.

• Like 1

On 6/18/2018 at 12:00 PM, menschie said:

Your lenses are showing blue for me. Likely just a strange pic, but still.

I thought it was just me.  Are those gray lenses by any chance?

I'm in Japan and Joseph still got the screws to me pretty quick. So even though it can be difficult to wait; it's always worth it in the end to do it right and will make the Centurion approval go a lot smoother.  

I also noticed the gray for the lenses. Gray is only approvable with the Hero builds right?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SgtGarand said:

I also noticed the gray for the lenses. Gray is only approvable with the Hero builds right?

Correct.  The flat gray (or green) ones are used for Hero basic approval, but must be the bubble type for EI and above.

• ukswrath changed the title to TK-20112 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status (RT-Mod) [840]

Alright Josh let's get you approved shall we. Thank you for your EIB application.
CRL and EIB Application Requirements:
Looks like all the required submission photos have been posted. Thank you for making the requested repairs and for adding the additional photos. I looks like your armor displays all the necessary elements needed as set out in the level 2 CRL. Joseph and I would like to welcome you to Expert Infantry, congratulations.:salute:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:
In this section we review observations made by your fellow troopers and ourselves. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor. If any suggestion affects any application, it will be listed separately in the above or below sections. Beautiful job on your RT-Mod build :jc_doublethumbup:. We have a couple areas to mention, not a huge deal but worth mentioning none the less. Both areas are on the helmet, starting with the ear alignment, again not a huge deal however the top of your ears should be forward a but somewhat aligned with the trailing edge of the trap as seen in the reference photo below. Also, the Vcoder lines could use a little TLC to make the outer lines a bit more crisp, again as seen in the following reference photo.

Ear alignment

helmet.jpg

Reference photo

stunt%20ear%20angle.jpg

Vcoder lines

vcoder.jpg

Reference photo

vcoder.jpg

Centurion Suggestions:
In this section we prepare you the best we can for Centurion. If there are any areas of concern they will be discussed here. According to the CRL the upper edge of the waist ammo belt should reside at or just below the lower Ab buttons. This is a Centurion level requirement and will need to be addressed if you choose to apply for L3. 

CRL: Level three certification (if applicable):
The top of the ammo belt should sit at or just below the bottom of the central and vertical abdomen button panels.

waist%20belt.jpg

Reference photos

9b6f426d-8e74-4eb7-9849-19b5cc84fe1c.jpg88b875e6-1427-49f6-a693-9f3b16336ed1.jpg

That's it. Great job on your build. Just a couple minor items to take a look at and your ready for L3. Hope to see you there. :salute:

• Like 1

Hello everyone!!!

Fixed the ears, vocoder has been repainted, and belt has been raised. Will knock out Thermal Detonator this weekend. Someone was awesome and sent me the proper screws! :peace: Last piece I'm waiting for are a truer green set of lenses. I'll be applying for Centurion very soon!!! :salute:

Edited by Silverback73
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Silverback73 said:

Hello everyone!!!

Fixed the ears, vocoder has been repainted, and belt has been raised. Will knock out Thermal Detonator this weekend. Someone was awesome and sent me the proper screws! :peace: Last piece I'm waiting for are a truer green set of lenses. I'll be applying for Centurion very soon!!! :salute:

Great to here, Josh!  (Sounds like you have been busy)!

8 hours ago, Silverback73 said:

Took maybe an hour?  Think I'm gonna need to freeze the detonator to pry it apart??? LOL

That actually works pretty well as it stiffens the glue.  Just uses a sharp razor knife (very carefully, of course) and pry it off a bit at a time and you should be golden.