Rocket Trooper CRL Discussion

There could be two possible CRL's, animated and movie style, each would follow the screen references so both would be accurate in their own right.

• Like 1

Oh wow this discussion is really catching on now, awsome!! I don't have much to share atm, but I'm in the final processes of finishing my rotj kit. Straping it together as we speak! I'm definetly considering converting it into the rocket trooper, hence why I started the discussion.

I was wondering if one of those 3d printer guys would be able to make a printable file of the pack from the game files we have here (thanks for those, that's awsome) or of the other new parts too. Ill post that question  in the 3D printing section soon.

Also, I toatally agree with the two seperate crls, it just makes sense. I have somewhwere in my computer, a CRL document that I typed up, bits of it are on this post from earlier, If you guys would want it I could post the whole thing so everyone can look at it and change it as we go along.

Really is nice to see others working on this and having an interest, everytime I'm about to work on this more I get too busy! Keep up the good work guys!

(Edit) Wait is the vocoder grey? never noticed that. Is that just a lighting thing or do the game files actually have it as grey?

-Eric

Edited by Ericnathan811

On 10/24/2018 at 2:35 PM, gmrhodes13 said:

There could be two possible CRL's, animated and movie style, each would follow the screen references so both would be accurate in their own right.

That seems to be what would happen, they seem a bit too different to be considered to be the same CRL.

On 10/26/2018 at 5:49 PM, Ericnathan811 said:

Oh I feel so stupid, I didn't see the post with the link to the pack for sale. Guess theres no need to worry about 3d printing it if crooknight already has! Well if that's the case I can now say that I'll be converting my armor to it for sure!

Best of luck! I'd be glad to see that. I think I missed the pack link, could you point me to it? Thanks. (Nevermind, found it!) I hope I am allowed to post em.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/628744129/replica-star-wars-battlefront-2?ref=shop_home_feat_1

Edited by Stormystormtrooper

• 1 month later...
On 12/24/2018 at 9:36 AM, TK 14166 said:

Actually I’ve been working on the BF2 version  for a bit now. It’s still a WIP. 

157CB6F6-E343-4D2E-A59B-778B4391B3BB.jpeg

8CBDA850-DDB7-41D3-8FFB-7379C30AFCF0.jpeg

DD8A7A5D-787D-4B20-ABA6-791CC3D88225.jpeg

Oh wow that's amazing! I can't believe someone's gotten that far already. Too bad it's not a true rotj, but your conversion really looks convincing. It really looks amazing, what did you do for the mohawk?

• 2 weeks later...

Great work Matt, has come out awesome, if you don't mind some feedback, one thing I would suggest you adjust is your chest box, it does appear a little high and close to the helmet, if you compare with the images below the centre of the chest box appears to align with the bottom of the shoulder bells giving more room between the helmet and the chest box. Once again great work, looking forward to seeing this as a CRL.

Image result for battlefront 2 rocket stormtrooper b5226aa303db7b621618849dcd3b199f.jpgjt1.jpeg

43 minutes ago, Daetrin said:

@gmrhodes13 - any chance we can highlight this in the next newsletter?

Added

• Like 1

Great work Matt, has come out awesome, if you don't mind some feedback, one thing I would suggest you adjust is your chest box, it does appear a little high and close to the helmet, if you compare with the images below the centre of the chest box appears to align with the bottom of the shoulder bells giving more room between the helmet and the chest box. Once again great work, looking forward to seeing this as a CRL.

Hey thanks!

Ahh yes I see what you mean, I’ll make the change. Thanks for catching that!

21 minutes ago, TK 14166 said:

Hey thanks!

Ahh yes I see what you mean, I’ll make the change. Thanks for catching that!

:duim: Good luck

FYI if you have not seen this already, there is a thread on SpecOps for this costume

https://forum.specops501st.com/index.php?/topic/6288-rocket-trooper-bf2/&fbclid=IwAR0Uro-n80yG1lzBF6fV9KcXb8ZscyGDwFFYWQ6o5Gsxf-mQ08FwI6O_NDU&_fromLogin=1

The CRL will be created there, as SpecOps owns the costume. That said, it's been great for you to show your progress here - it's a sexy trooper for sure.

• Like 1