Cheap First Order Stormtrooper Armor

Hello,

I’m new to this. I’m looking at creating a First Order/Death Trooper hybrid and it requires a First Order armor set. Does anyone know of cheap First Order Stormtrooper Armor kits? I’m not looking at spending more than $400, if that’s even a possibility. Also, I’m working on a Boba Fett 1313 cosplay, and was wondering if it was 501st approved, understanding it’s not canon. Anyway, any help is appreciated. 

V/R

Andrew

Unfortunately, I don't think you'll find FOTK for that price range. Even the recast stuff starts at $600 if I recall correctly. edit: A "hybrid" as a mix of parts between costumes cannot be approved in the 501st. A CRL must be followed.

Check the CRLs regarding your Boba Fett: http://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:CRL

If there is no CRL, then it would be a first in the Legion - you would have to work with your GML and they would work with the LMO/DL. A number of reference would be required.

Edited by lucnak
Added clarification on "hybrid" costume

Thanks for the info. You wouldn't by any chance have a link to re-cast FOTKs would you? I saw that Anovos will soon be selling unfinished kits for around $675, so that might be an option. I honestly really joined this site to get information, I'm not really interested in joining a garrison or having an approved costume, just looking for advice and some insight into cheaper alternatives for cosplay.

Thanks though. Any information can help and is appreciated.

V/R
Andrew

To be completely honest, this isn't a hobby that goes well with cheap... $400 barely covers a helmet for many costumes. I would work on saving up until you can afford a proper set of armor from a vetted maker.

I'm not trying to deter you - I fully hope you'll join the dark side! - but literally every single time I've seen someone try to cheap out on a costume they end up spending just as much - or more - as if they'd just done it right from the beginning.

As for 1313 Boba Fett, seeing as the game was cancelled I'm not sure where it falls, but I would ask BHG (Bounty Hunter's Guild) as they would be the detachment that would handle that costume: http://thebhg.net/

i don't think it's possible to spend only $400 on FO full armor.

Non-canon costumes are just as fun to build though!  Tried Mando mercs or BHG for more info.?

Yeah....Re Cast is a bad word around here. Sad to say, armor isn't cheap.

If it was you would see a TK on every corner.

Good Luck in your search.

IF, and that is a big "if", you found an armor kit for $400, you'd still need a lot that is not generally included in an armor kit. Boots, under clothing, blaster and/or associated props, building materials (glues, paints, clamps, etc.).  To build a good set of durable armor with necessities, you should plan for around $1000USD.  That is my 2 cents.

Edited by Shanester

The current list of makers - reputable or not (some are bad) - include

ANOVOS

Jimmi

KB

Backstage

FNArmor

Mimic

Most kits go for something like $700.  The original ANOVOS pre-movie kits were $1800, just for the kit.  They are very time consuming to build, which is why a lot of finished kits in the day went for $2500 or more.   Kit prices are lower now, but once you include the undersuit, blaster, etc. I'm guessing most people have hard costs of about $2000 when all is said and done.  *Not* including the hours and hours it takes to put these together.