Harbinger's SE-14R Build (with budget lights n' sound!)

Harbinger

Time for a new project!

N5fF8qa.jpg

I've always liked the look of the SE-14R so I decided it was time to make one of my own. I also wanted something with lights and sounds, as my Hyperfirm has none, but didn't want to put a lot of time or effort into doing so.

I started of by printing this blaster:  THINGIVERSE -----------

I've had to modify a few parts to allow for adding electronics. I bought a cheap blaster from the dollar store that I plan to transplant into this blaster:

1LOMCs8.jpg

After opening it up (and tossing the housing) I am left with a speaker, an LED diode and a battery pack (which I cut out of the plastic handle):

mvjvJAe.jpg

qrLOCRZ.jpg

Now that I knew what I had to work with, it's time to start modifying the print files. First I had to make room for batteries in the magazine receiver, which was easily accomplished with a dremel and some Apoxie Sculpt:

aT3QBkL.jpg

D9FmPqW.jpg

I did the same to the frame, so I can wire in the circuit board and a toggle switch for the trigger (not pictured, sorry!).

The LED diode will sit at the end of the barrel (may see if I can easily swap in a larger/brighter one without having to redo everything - I'm going for a no-frills, budget approach to lights and sound!), and I figured I would put the speaker at the other end. To do so, the end cap must be modified to make room for the speaker. It will also need a grille for sound to escape:

3t2OhdY.png

I plan on covering the opening with speaker cloth, but even so, I couldn't help myself. :P

Another thing I had to do was print the barrel in two parts and glue them together (used a piece of plastic rod to reinforce the joint):

hHzqul0.jpg

I also picked up the correct scope off of eBay for $8 (also pictured is some other stuff, new build thread coming soon!):

F00GUhm.jpg

Hoping to get the new end cap printed up tonight, figure out where I need to drill holes in the barrel/frame for wires, and then I should be good-to-go with sanding/filling/priming.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

This looks like it is going to turn out very well! I also have the SE-14R on my radar for a build.

[edit] also, the link you gave is broken. Was this the one you printed?  ----------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...