TLJ Binders / Cuffs Reference

gmrhodes13

• 1 year later...

Morning Q, Do you have any information on how, where or if they are carried on the Troopers? And seeing that these are TLJ, any thoughts on binders being added to TFA gear? 

(I just noticed in TFA, when Finn was escaping with Poe, Poe was wearing binders. )

Edited by NeoNines
Added detail

Hi David I have not seen any reference how they would be carried but that's not to say you couldn't add a pouch or even just a loop of Velcro to the belt for non approved troops, I use a pouch on my OTTK for carry that pair around, I was going to make a FOTK version binders but I see Disney parks have them with lights so hopefully I can get one of those one day.

In regards to TFA as you say Poe is wearing some so I gather they were around then so they should really be added to both CRL's which both will be coming up for a revamp soon. All that would be needed is a photos of a pair for reference ;)  WOW check out that dudes backplate, must be aerodynamic for speed :laugh1:

sw-force-awakens-movie-screencaps.com-952.jpg?strip=all

1 hour ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Hi David I have not seen any reference how they would be carried but that's not to say you couldn't add a pouch or even just a loop of Velcro to the belt for non approved troops, I use a pouch on my OTTK for carry that pair around, I was going to make a FOTK version binders but I see Disney parks have them with lights so hopefully I can get one of those one day.

In regards to TFA as you say Poe is wearing some so I gather they were around then so they should really be added to both CRL's which both will be coming up for a revamp soon. All that would be needed is a photos of a pair for reference ;)  WOW check out that dudes backplate, must be aerodynamic for speed :laugh1:

sw-force-awakens-movie-screencaps.com-952.jpg?strip=all

Thank you. I have a set of SWGE binders I might carry. My only other hang up is they don’t color match my armor. I’ll probably have to argue with my OCD over this one. 

Ya, looks like that FOTK blew his side seams. Heck, you could hide a nice size cooling fan in a space like that. 

Ill send you a PM regarding binders the next time I have access to SWGE. 

4 minutes ago, NeoNines said:

Thank you. I have a set of SWGE binders I might carry. My only other hang up is they don’t color match my armor. I’ll probably have to argue with my OCD over this one. 

Ya, looks like that FOTK blew his side seams. Heck, you could hide a nice size cooling fan in a space like that. 

Ill send you a PM regarding binders the next time I have access to SWGE. 

I too suffer form OCD and did think why not make them white but I get that silver/grey is a generic color so I can live with it ;) 

Heat exchange unit ;) 

Oooow that would be great, cheers. 

• 2 weeks later...

I own the SWGE First Order binders. They’re great quality, well weathered, and the the LEDs are a nice touch.

Sure, they’re a tad undersized but for $20.00 I think they’re great value.

1305331de1b7d7b5309c16db37b5a9b2.jpg

3a47f8b812776055cf6d1ab6a2c88ad2.jpg

b90177f883cec75e8dda85ac6c012ff2.jpg

cea2636fc2ab0ba5db9430e36f76bd72.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Anyone doing a 3D print version of these binders? would be good to see something as an alternative that was accurate, minus the join lines as seen on the Galaxy Edge version.

If we have something maybe we can consider adding them as an additional accessory to the CRL

There is a challenge for our talented designers and printers :)

Still on the printing "to do" list, currently side tracked with a Rat Catcher print, always side tracked 

1 hour ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Still on the printing "to do" list, currently side tracked with a Rat Catcher print, always side tracked 

Oh good to know, look forward to seeing the end result once you are not sidetracked :)

• TheRascalKing changed the title to TLJ Binders / Cuffs Reference