Jared Requesting Pre Approval Review (ATA)

Jared

Update:
I have fixed a few things suggested here, since I have to retake app photos anyway due to the upside down ab buttons. Might as well address it all.
Fixed ab buttons
525629de15bc45cadbbc9c5b8268dec4.jpg

Fixed calf cover strip length
c5c3c1228e94b15c0a2be5761f65e805.jpg

Evened out the vocoder, and extended the frown to edge past non drilled hole
a35f849b3e6e6e0610bfd513624de716.jpg

I shortened the shoulder bell strap by 1/2”, which pulls them in nicely. I also shortened my elastic shoulder straps by 1” which pulls my back higher and helps with some of the kidney overlap problem. I also lengthened the back to kidney straps by 1/4” to allow the two pieces to play well together. This and a little heat bending seems to have helped the problem I illustrated above. I’ll see how it is when I get another full test fit on.

My shoulder strap bridges were very short and I was worried about if I had to cut off the big box on the back they might not be long enough.-as per the hijacking of this thread-
But by shortening the elastic strap, it gives plenty should my GML tell me to cut it off. It also helps the shoulder bells sit better with the torso.

I don’t have pics of these last things yet, but look for them when I retake pics later.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Update:
I have fixed a few things suggested here, since I have to retake app photos anyway due to the upside down ab buttons. Might as well address it all.
Fixed ab buttons
525629de15bc45cadbbc9c5b8268dec4.jpg

Fixed calf cover strip length
c5c3c1228e94b15c0a2be5761f65e805.jpg

Evened out the vocoder, and extended the frown to edge past non drilled hole
a35f849b3e6e6e0610bfd513624de716.jpg

I shortened the shoulder bell strap by 1/2”, which pulls them in nicely. I also shortened my elastic shoulder straps by 1” which pulls my back higher and helps with some of the kidney overlap problem. I also lengthened the back to kidney straps by 1/4” to allow the two pieces to play well together. This and a little heat bending seems to have helped the problem I illustrated above. I’ll see how it is when I get another full test fit on.

My shoulder strap bridges were very short and I was worried about if I had to cut off the big box on the back they might not be long enough.-as per the hijacking of this thread-
But by shortening the elastic strap, it gives plenty should my GML tell me to cut it off. It also helps the shoulder bells sit better with the torso.

I don’t have pics of these last things yet, but look for them when I retake pics later.

Superb work, Jared! Looking awesome! :-)

Awesome discussion on the rear tab on the shoulder bridge!  On this build I say leave it on because it looks proper when fit.  Doesn't add un-necessary length to the bridge.

As GML of Mountain Garrison I can say Jared makes this process easy!  He has maintained a build thread on our board where I have been able to offer advice along the way, he has read and clearly understood the CRL, and he's building with highest accuracy in mind.  And now utilization of our new review process!

Once final pics are submitted this is an EASY pass at Basic and as I've mentioned to Jared it's qualified to shoot for EIB and Centurion with replacement of the shoes - not perfectly visible in these photos but there are seams in the boot that won't pass higher levels.

• Like 1

Imperial Boots seems to be the popular alternative, but they operate in "waves"...their ordering window for March just closed on 10 Mar, unfortunately.

• Like 1

Imperial Boots seems to be the popular alternative, but they operate in "waves"...their ordering window for March just closed on 10 Mar, unfortunately.

Does anyone have experience with imperial boots? How is their sizing? It says to order a size larger, but I’m always dubious of such instructions ordering online.
Help please.

21 hours ago, bobafret said:

Awesome discussion on the rear tab on the shoulder bridge!  On this build I say leave it on because it looks proper when fit.  Doesn't add un-necessary length to the bridge.

As GML of Mountain Garrison I can say Jared makes this process easy!  He has maintained a build thread on our board where I have been able to offer advice along the way, he has read and clearly understood the CRL, and he's building with highest accuracy in mind.  And now utilization of our new review process!

Once final pics are submitted this is an EASY pass at Basic and as I've mentioned to Jared it's qualified to shoot for EIB and Centurion with replacement of the shoes - not perfectly visible in these photos but there are seams in the boot that won't pass higher levels.

Thanks Dave for the feedback. It is great to hear that this forum area has been beneficial all around:

Win for Jared, win for you as a GML, and a win for the detachment as it uncovered a loophole in the CRL that has gone unnoticed for years, and will soon be fixed.

Three beers! :pint1::pint1::pint1: 

• Like 1

Here are the updated photos I sent to my GML
Thank you for everyone’s input and advice. Waiting on a TK number and then I march on to EIB!ab5dfe51b994df9d55d0de375c86ed0e.jpg9bac18c5adc1f730fadc30cd5937f3ca.jpg34e5d55afc38230a7bafb453ca9340a4.jpg11aaef37cbb7eae98d489cbe98f232ef.jpgb803b00247095754fd408ade0b61b048.jpg