WIP TK ANH...HERE WE GOOOOO, (slowly)!!!

Commander Gree

2 hours ago, Commander Gree said:

Aker Amp just came in. Gonna need a uni mic, Feedback is bad! 

Normally with your Aker fitted in the chest area and microphone in the helmet you won't get feedback, unless you have it turned up too high ;) 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Normally with your Aker fitted in the chest area and microphone in the helmet you won't get feedback, unless you have it turned up too high ;) 

Yeah i figured the helmet and Chest armor will help, but the uni directional mic would also help once there are fans inside the helmet. I get hot easy so fans are a must lol

3 minutes ago, Commander Gree said:

Yeah i figured the helmet and Chest armor will help, but the uni directional mic would also help once there are fans inside the helmet. I get hot easy so fans are a must lol

I have two fans and no issues at all with feedback ;) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gmrhodes13 said:

I have two fans and no issues at all with feedback ;) 

Guess what i can do is get everything installed, then make the judgement from there. shouldnt take too long to get the new mic in if needed

• Like 1

I’ve got two fans and the aker on my chest with the mic that came with it in my helmet and two fans. If I have the volume up too high it gives feedback. Haven’t trooped yet but my kids say it sounds good when I have it at about half way. I have hearing assist so it sounds like I’m yelling but they say it’s perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Frank75139 said:

I’ve got two fans and the aker on my chest with the mic that came with it in my helmet and two fans. If I have the volume up too high it gives feedback. Haven’t trooped yet but my kids say it sounds good when I have it at about half way. I have hearing assist so it sounds like I’m yelling but they say it’s perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what hearing system did you go with?

• 4 weeks later...

Little bit of an update. Havent started on kit yet, still waiting for it to come in. Just made a deal for a B grade blaster (Hyperform), second pair of boots (TK Boots), Belt and holster. Hopefully not too much work needs to be done to the blaster, boots were a really good deal and could pass them up, and still need the belt and holster for the build. Everything should be here once the armor comes in, and when build starts hope there will not be any stalls due to missing items.

Also got everything in for Helmet interior, just waiting on an Iphone for Troopertalk.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, Commander Gree said:

YAY!!!!!!!! just got my tracking info for the TK Kit from AM!!!!

Same here, the excitement begins for the BBB day!

Edited by LTM
  • Like 1

Exciting times, nothing better that a BBB, looking forward to seeing the build good luck

So as of right now everything is on hold. I got my helmet partially put together, just need to attached front and back, and put ears. But! we are fixing to move into the new house so everything got packed away.....

I hate this...

The kit will have to remain in pieces until we move into the new house.  Oh well it will be nice having a dedicated space to build and not have to worry about much! sorry I am dragging on. I know its not a race but this is just sad...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Man its been a while since I posted. I see that what I did is kinda normal, got my box then let it sit like the world would end if I started work. Finally got moved in to our new house and back from Vacation. Submitted approval photos (TI-Reserve Pilot) and filled out my App for the 501st this weekend. For some reason, this act BOOSTED me into a frenzy of "Get stuff done!"

I have completed:

my bucket

Ab buttons painted and installed

TD is done

parts trimmed

Biceps completed

Belt cut

Notch in Kidneys done

Hand Guards done

I still have a lot to do, and this week wont be the week to do it as im working 12s all week. But this weekend will be great and hope to get some more progress. Will get photos uploaded tonight.

• Like 1

Here it all is!

12r3Syq.jpg

Ed4U6Fn.jpg
XXcnl5o.jpg
EU8XCrF.jpg
LfzadxM.jpg
5AGzbUA.jpg
Xw6irNt.jpg
WlQ8Hto.jpg
3vkOz0H.jpg
BvwDKEC.jpg
R2uMXjJ.jpg
DFBytUe.jpg
FrZT1le.jpg
 i drilled holes in the ears for the hearing assist system i got for it. interior isnt done, but its enough for approval! Just need to finish everything else
XLM1Gea.jpg

Edited by Commander Gree

Thanks all. Got one side of my left forearm done last night, checked on it this morning and it looks good, but might put some reinforcements on the inside, the cover strip moved sideways a little (even after magnets, clamps, and Tape was applied) but it doesn't look bad. Having to split free time between getting the new house ready and building. But I am guessing by about 2 weeks I should be done. I am waiting on better snaps to come in and a few tools for the snaps. Got my torso all figured out and will be done with that this weekend, waiting on Soldering iron. should just need the legs after this weekend!