Pre Approval Forum

Hall of Fame

Just For Laughs

In Focus

In The Media

Challenge Coins

Notable Troops

Imperial Attaché Program

EIB & Centurion: What do these terms mean?

Advanced Tactics Awards

EIB - The March To 1000

Merchandise

Public Relations
Follow FISD

eRGDj4d.png

System Upgrades

Forums were upgraded - thanks to our star system admins - without a hitch.  However, we are seeing peaks at certain times of the day where the server is over-loaded for our user volumes.  The Legion web team will start working on moving FISD to their servers next quarter.  This should allow FISD to seamlessly scale up/down based on demand, or so we're told. :) Also, kudos to Harbinger/Brien for updating all of our icons for groups, awards, etc. so that they are consistent, can scale for use in merchadise, etc.  The new images look much nicer for sure, don't you think?

First Order News
FISD was created to serve the needs for *all* Legion stormtroopers.  We (the staff) got feedback that the FOTK troopers were not seeing as much attention as would be expected given their impact on the fan base from the last two movies.  In the second half of last year we ensured that all FOTK CRLs were completed and L2/L3 requirements were added and best of build threads were highlighted numerous times.  

For 2018 we are building on that foundation to show the love for the FOTKs out there.  Lots of new merch for instance has been added: 10th Anniversary Path, inclusion in the EI award logo, a brand new FISD FOTK coin and joint OT/FO bin decals.  Whew!  

But, it's worth it as FOTKs are now the second most common TK costume designation, even more than the ESB, ANH-Hero, or HWT. Pretty surprising eh? My take is that the biggest barrier to FOTKs being even more ubiquitous is how hard it is to get suits in volume.  Over time the suits should get easier to build as well, which should help new members create these iconic suits.

For Phasma, we did update the TFA CRL and have just released a new Captain Phasma coin, however the TLJ CRL is still taking time as getting photos of the parts is a bit behind.  If you are anyone you know has a good TLJ Phasma, please liaise with me & Misty, who is currently working on getting this to *done*.

photo-thumb-2.jpg

With Unquestioned Loyalty
Paul Hoeffer

TK8020 “Daetrin”

FISD Detachment Leader

4fJBkjy.png

Greetings Troopers!  I for one am happy that the Legion elections are over. I would like to thank everyone who participated in the FISD elections. I would also like to thank everyone for keeping the election process civil here and everyone asked some very well thought out questions for our candidates.  One last thanks to both Paul and Marcus for stepping up and enduring the process. Finally congrats to Paul for a successful campaign to lead us under the FISD flag for another year. 

There is one thing that I would like to address to our membership. In the ongoing effort to make the FISD an amazing place to come visit and hang out, if any member for ANY reason feels that they are being bullied, picked on, or talked down to, please contact the Provost team or any command staff member that you feel comfortable talking to.  I am a very open person and I really want everyone to love coming to the FISD. I will always make myself available to any member who has any issue with anything.  I would also be willing to keep something confidential if the need arises.  I want everyone to feel the same passion for this place that I do. I want everyone to think that the FISD is the greatest detachment to visit.  We truly have an amazing membership full of all types of personalities and everyone should feel welcome. 

starsaber25  

Steve Sheades

TK-10466 starsaber25

FISD Provost Marshall

5SKUpJn.png

Greetings troopers, Andrew and I would like to congratulate this month's new EIBs and Centurions. Fantastic job  :salute:

Thanks to all the applicants for taking their armor to the next level and for their patience with Andrew and I as we crank out the approvals.  

We'd also like to thank all the attaches, staff and many others involved in pushing us to EIB 800. Troopers Helping Troopers. Onward to 1000 (congratulations to Matthew Wormleaton Mworm1974"  TK 11874 #800).

Last, but certainly not least, congrats to Paul on his campaign win. Andrew and I are looking forward to another exciting year as DOs under your leadership. 

ukswrath 

With Unquestioned Loyalty

Tony Jobe

TK-10116 ukswrath

FISD Deployment Officer

&

Sly11   

Andrew Franke

TK-11469 Sly11

FISD Deployment Officer

p1zjAbp.png

TFA Phasma CRL has been updated.

GEEhHT8.png

G1hmrip.png

For Those Of You That Had Issues At Elections Time

OK, it happens each year just before Legion Elections that you can't vote for DL of FISD (or other detachments),  you look at your Legion profile and it shows that your detachment affiliation to FISD is pending, or otherwise incorrect.  Why does this happen, and what is detachment affiliation anyway, and what will FISD do about it?

The answer is that detachment affiliation is only ever used once a year, and for one purpose.  The only time the Legion ever uses it for anything is to determine who can run for DL and who can vote in detachment elections. That's it.  Otherwise it is pretty much ignored and not used for anything.

The process of validating detachment membership is cumbersome and time consuming because people use different email information between their Legion and detachment logins, and that there is no way to bulk update the rosters.  For a small detachment it is not a big deal to do this manually, but for a detachment the size of FISD with hundreds and soon thousands of 501st members, it's impossible.

Legion web team run a bulk update just before elections each year, there are times that some may have been missed then they would need to be added manually.

1) Ensure the email address you use on the Legion & FISD boards are the exact same.

2) Ensure that your FISD profile has the correct TKID.

3) If after the bulk update is complete and your profile is still not updated, and you are 100% sure your info is in sync between the two boards, then ask for to the Legion web team.  They should get feedback on why this isn't working.

4) If all else fails, ping the FISD staff.  Which basically means that we'll simply tell the 501st web team to bulk approve everyone :)

To check if you are affiliated to a specific detachment go to the 501st forum, look on the left side menu, click on the Member DB link, then Your Profile Data, go to the bottom of the page to Your Unit Affiliation and make sure First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment (Approved) is there, if it is there and marked as (Pending) you can contact the detachment leader of FISD and ask for it to be approved. If you find it is not there at all or any other detachment you should be affiliated too, then contact your GML (garrison membership liaison) and ask to be affiliated them.

NOTE to stay affiliated with a detachment and to qualify to participate in detachment elections you need to have logged into our forums at least once during the previous year. 

UPDATE

As we move FISD to the Legion's servers, this process should be automated and the issues fixed, time will undoubtable tell. 

qvLQoj7.gif

253873467d33ef60bdb9718d6492ec76.jpg

The FISD is pleased to announce the addition of a new area in the Advanced Tactics forum dedicated to those ready to submit for basic 501st TK approval.

This section will allow future Troopers the opportunity to submit photos of their completed build to be reviewed by the Staff, Imperial Attaches and others in preparation for forwarding it to their GML for approval.  Any and all advice/suggestions given will be specific, constructive, helpful and respectful.

Please note that this program will NOT take the place of your local GML, as Detachments are not chartered for costume approval and can not override a GMLs decision, but is instead a peer review program designed to help you look your best and offer guidance and positive feedback.  You will have the opportunity to ask questions about your completed armor, weapons (if applicable), accessories, etc. and get accurate information from the experts here at the FISD.. the definitive home of TKs worldwide.

For more information on this program, please visit the link here

LHOi2Sc.png

There has been some absolutely stellar reads and pictures submitted the the Field Training Exercises this month, and my continued thanks to all who continue to share and inspire us with their stories.

This month, honoring TK-82666 Mike who shows the reward for what we do - way to go Trooper and continue to personify “Bad Guys doing Good”.

“These troops are always the most special.”

962fa407e7ea42557858bfe9d900ba2b.jpg

photo-thumb-25147.jpg  

Aaron Gibson
TK99725 "Pyrates"
IPM - Imperial Propaganda Department

t8EkMGd.png

If Star Wars Was on Facebook 

JDG5Hex.png

urtc7oN.jpg

What are you wearing?

A new poll for what armor are you wearing has just been opened, even if you have added your info to the old thread please jump on to the new one and add your info that would be great, you can find the thread here

f4lx8H6.thumb.gif.a53e4f163cd06b70b40aac 

Glen "Q" Rhodes
TK85421 "gmrhodes13"
PRO - Communications

l0RIiYd.png

Occ6eHt.jpg

Congratulations Mark Hamill, it was Long Overdue

Mark Hamill, who played the ionic Luke Skywalker in the original Star Wars trilogy as well as the recent film The Last Jedi, received his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on Thursday.

Co-star Harrison Ford, who played Han Solo in the films, was on hand for the unveiling, joking in his speech for Hamill, “More people showed up when I got my star.” Star Wars creator George Lucas was also present for the event and expressed how proud he was of Hamill for getting the honor alongside many of Hollywood’s greats. R2-D2 and several stormtroopers also stood by during the presentation but declined to make any remarks.

In recognition of Hamill being awarded a star, Star Wars’ Twitter account dubbed the day #JediDay

R8RiPHH.jpg

After his star was unveiled, Hamill had just one thing to say: “They spelled it right!”

One notable absence from Hamill’s star ceremony was costar Carrie Fisher, who died last year. Ford noted the absence of “the other member of our trio” in his speech, followed by saying, “I feel her presence.” Carrie’s daughter, Billie Lourde, attended the event in the place of her mother.

Please troopers at high profile events make sure your armor is adjusted properly ;) 

zl41IAx.png

Challenge Coins - How Many Do You Have?

41f1d5ff5e06a116efd7376b2fde38d0.jpg

Tom "Poseidon" TK 528111 was interested to find out how many coins members collected, you can find the thread here

There is also an interesting story on starwars.com about the history of 501st challenge coin here

Coin Rules

bTHa51m.jpg

AIWGPc0.png

Want Your Troop to be Included?

Post your troop report in the Field Training Exercises section here

Those with troop logs please post a separate troop report as it is easier to link too.

FEBRUARY - MARCH

Gaither Stampede - Special Olympics

DksaSdN.jpg

More here

By: Mike, WhiteWalker, TK82666

Teddy Bears Picnic at Perth Zoo 2018

More here

By: Glen, gmrhodes13, TK85421

qvtgYL4.png

http://i.imgur.com/REASe78.jpg

Serve proudly, gentlemen, and as Tim (Dark CMF) says:  "Keep doing what it is that got you here"!

Are you an approved TK that spends more time on the boards than the average Trooper?  Do you enjoy using your knowledge to help out future and existing Troopers?  If so, we would like to invite you to join the Imperial Attaché program!

Members of the I.A. team are chosen to help out not only those here on the boards, but on a local level as well.  Our aim is to have at least one in each and every Garrison, Squad and Outpost in the entire legion to be the eyes and ears of the FISD on a local level.

A suggested level of EIB or above is preferred, as part of the duties include assisting those aiming for levels 2 and 3, but is not a requirement.  Being active on the boards on a regular basis , welcoming new members and helping out where you can is, though.  

Some of the benefits:

1.  Access to exclusive Attaché merch., including patches, etc.

2.  Having the Imperial Attaché title under your name.

3.  Being a part of the team that welcomes new and prospective members of the FISD.

4.  Being the "go-to" person in your Garrison, Squad or Outpost.

5.  Exclusive access to the Attaché HQ area, Imperial Propaganda Machine (newsletter) and merchandise discussions.

We are currently in need of Attaches in many units, especially International Garrisons/Squads and Outposts.  For more information on this program, please head here and if you should have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact me at any time.  (justjoseph63)

For a complete list of Imperial Attaches, go here

Attaché Patch

AttachePatch.jpg

Becoming an attaché also gives you the ability from time to time to purchase specific merchandise not offered to the general membership, one such item is the limited attaché patch, sales thread here (sorry only Attaché's may order)

Imperial Attaché Award for those attaché's who have gone above and beyond [minimum 1 year of service]

pZpMdt4.png

XT1Q6qV.png

ecZ4Atz.png

v7nhRyi.png

So what exactly are EIB (Expert Infantry Badge) and Centurion levels?

These programs were designed for those who choose to take their armor above and beyond the minimum requirements for basic 501st Legion approval.  It gives you the chance to show a level of dedication and pride that takes your armor closer to being as "screen accurate" as possible, without as much extra work as you may realize!

It also works on giving a better look to the Legion as an entity, and you can bet others will take notice of your hard work.  The 501st has a list of detailed requirements for Basic approval, (level 1), EIB, (level 2) and Centurion, (level 3) which can be found here in the Costume Reference Library, (CRLhttp://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:FISD_CRL

Here are a few of the questions people may be wondering about:  

1.  "I am a (tall/short/heavy/thin) Trooper.  Can I still apply?  Of course!  These programs are open and encouraged for all sizes of TKs, as long as the costume is correct and meets the guidelines.  There are many specific build tutorials to every option, as well as a vast network of fellow TKs on the FISD to help you out and offer suggestions.

2.  "How much extra will I have to pay for extra items"?  The cost is actually quite reasonable, considering the few extra supplies you will need, which are listed in the requirements area.  While it may run you a little more to implement these additions to your costume, they will go a long way to improving accuracy.  All needed items can be found for sale on this thread: https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/16-ongoing-sales-project-orders/

While blasters are not required for basic approval, for EIB and Centurion levels they are, and may need upgrades (also listed in the CRL).

3.  "I haven't even got my kit yet, is it too early to start planning"?  Actually, aiming for Centurion is easiest to do right out of the box.

4.  "I have my basic TK approval, can I still get in these programs"?  In a word... absolutely!  

5.  "Are there any "perks" to this extra work and cost"?  Besides knowing that you have a great looking set of armor, the 501st and FISD believes you should be deservedly recognized for your achievement(s), and allows you to wear the appropriate embroidered "rocker" badge of rank (available for a very minimum cost) on your shirt, helmet bag, etc., as well as rank decals to put on your armor bin.  You will also have access to select "challenge coin" runs, receive (free) a cool certificate for your new rank, and have your title posted below your name in your FISD signature.  Plus, once you reach these levels, you will have the extra knowledge to help out those who are looking to apply as well.

6.  "Is it hard to apply, and what happens then"?   After basic approval, all you do is make sure your armor is up to the standards set forth in the CRL, post a thread with the required photos in the appropriate area (see below), and wait a bit for the D.O.s (Deployment Officers) to address it. (Hint:  Studying other people's threads before you submit can be a GREAT help).  These are also listed on the main page of the FISD site.  While waiting for approval, you will get some comments from others who will offer suggestions and constructive advice to help you out.  If you should need any changes, the DOs will let you know, so you can adjust accordingly.  Don't be dismayed if you do need changes... it's all for your benefit!   After you are approved for EIB, then you can submit for Centurion.  

EIB  https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/19-request-expert-infantryman-status/

Centurion  https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/72-request-centurion-status/

Note:  You will see some suggestions in the existing submissions/approval requests that, while not actually part of the CRL, are highly suggested items, (for your benefit), such as "flat-head screw heads on the TD (thermal detonator) should be painted black" for Centurion, etc.  Those small details all add up to closer screen accuracy.   

Just remember that the FISD is here to help you every step of the way with whatever other questions you may have, but if you can't seem to find what you are looking for in your research, just post the question, (or PM justjoseph63) and best of luck on your build!

1hgspoA.png

This area lists all those who have gone above and beyond basic approval toward screen accuracy. 

FOR  FEBRUARY - MARCH  the 1st Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment would like to congratulate:

Expert Infantry Badge Award:

Matthew Wormleaton  "Mworm1974"  TK 11874  EIB 800

Julian Potter  "trooperjulian"  TK 3681  EIB 801

Aaron Daily  "adailyptc"  TK 41871  EIB 802

Brian Peters  "talem84"  TK 42784  EIB 803

Tom Betchley  "tom_betchley"  TK 13800  EIB 804

Jessie H   "Howe102"   TK 10272  EIB 805

Greg Bell  "Wook1138   "tom_betchley"   TK 34575  EIB 806

Justin R  "TheRascalKing  TK 61490 EIB 807

Andreas Engstrom  "Coil"  TK 24269  (SECOND EIB award)!

Dominic Perron  "PERDOM4273  TK 57996 EIB 808

Mark Bouillon  "Mark_Bouillon"  TK 26383  EIB 809

GREAT job on your approval, now on to Level 3!

Request your free EIB certificate here

Centurion Badge Award:

http://www.whitearmor.net/eib/centurion_badge.png

Matthew Wormleaton "Mworm1974  TK 411874 Centurion 379

Paul Vezgoff  "Mr V"  TK 42145  Centurion 380

Outstanding job on reaching Centurion, troopers!

Request your free Centurion certificate here  

If you see any of these Troopers around your Garrison or Squad, be sure to congratulate them!

o5imOS4.png

AqCYQ7R.png

As many of you are aware, the FISD is currently in our March to 1000 program.  Our goal is to reach the one thousand mark of Troopers who have earned their Expert Infantry Badge, and although we are well on our way to this goal and have just passed the 800 mark!  The amount of approved submissions is increasing (over 80 this year alone) thanks to the dedication of those willing to go the "extra mile" toward screen accuracy.  

Here is a brief description of EIB as written by Paul (Daetrin), our founder:

"Expert Infantryman status is not required for members of this detachment. It should be viewed as an optional set of requirements for those who wish to take the accuracy of their costumes to the next level, and be recognized accordingly. We're a costuming club - think of it as an award for costuming excellence and you get the picture.

The requirements will not replace or supersede 501st standards, but only serve as an inspiration for the level of accuracy that can be achieved. The standards are meant to be high but achievable..."

Besides the added pride you will have in your armor, those reaching this level can purchase exclusive EIB gear (patches, decals, coins etc.) and get a free certificate for your accomplishment.  If you are interested or would like more information about the program head here that will help.  You can also contact myself  (justjoseph63) or any Imperial Attaché, and we will be more than happy to assist you!

PC8A8HU.png

http://forum.e-liquid-recipes.com/uploads/default/original/3X/7/a/7a6cf581e7e425e2d8e288d8fcf58e5e0f5e4e83.gif

Racing Shirts OPEN

That's right get in quick run closing 23rd March, thread can be found here

rQktppc.png

NOW TAKING ORDERS - Silver Bullion Challenge Coin, thread here

39302871464_bc82dbc114.jpg 

rQktppc.png

Phasma Challenge Coin

This is limited and exclusive to the FISD. Please keep orders down to 2 per member.

$10 US.  Shipping and paypal fees included.

International customers add $8  Shipping for up to two coins. paypal fees included thread is here

phasmacoin.jpg

rQktppc.png

FISD Patch - Classic Design
This is our classic design brought to us by a new factory. It will look slightly different than our first version, being produced on new machines. The overall quality will be much better too. US $5, Int $6 (shipping and fees inc) thread is here

fisd_classic.jpg

rQktppc.png

FISD Coffee Mugs - 2 Designs!

$14 each

+ $5 shipping in the US

+ $10 shipped international

Sales thread here

Design One

WP_20180121_12_30_40_Pro.jpg   WP_20180121_12_30_52_Pro.jpg

Design Two

WP_20180121_12_30_59_Pro.jpg  WP_20180121_12_31_08_Pro.jpg

rQktppc.png

FISD Brothers in Arms Sticker - (design by gmrhodes13)

3.5 inch round stickers $4.00, shipping included

Reference: Brothers in Arms

Thread here

paypal  sales@trooperbay.com

brothers-in-arms.jpg.81cd6a7ed4ecc4fd6fe0f5aec025709f.jpg

rQktppc.png

Interest Thread - FISD Riot Squad Coin

You can find the interest thread here

proofRT2.jpg

rQktppc.png

More FISD approved merchandise can be found here

rQktppc.png

http://strmstr.com/images/coming-soon.png

Riot Squad Challenge Coin

FISD Flags

FISD patch FOTK version

LxAOZgX.png

Newsletter

Thanks for all the positive feedback being received we will endeavour to keep up to your expectations.

We are always on the look out for content, ideas, funny photos or even your TK adventure story so feel free to contact either Danny or myself

f4lx8H6.thumb.gif.a53e4f163cd06b70b40aac

Glen "Q" Rhodes

TK85421 "gmrhodes13"

PRO - Communication

AXQVWcW.png

Don't Forget We're on Facebook and Twitter!

Facebook: www.facebook.com/whitearmor
If you're on FB, stop by and say hi, ask questions, and share stories!

Twitter: www.twitter.com/FISD501st or @FISD501st
follow FISD on Twitter!

Instagram: www.instagram.com/501stfisd

On behalf of the 1st Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment Command Staff and the Imperial Propaganda Department

JN4tHJI.png bcfTZBr.jpg Y7UThx4.png

rQktppc.png

tenor.gif

• Like 6