DStep's ANH stunt TK build (ATA)

DStep

I would recommend lowering the chest to make the neck more comfortable.  Try the adjustable strap technique I posted above to lower it.  It will give you more flexibility.

OK I was hoping to keep the brackets for screen accuracy, but I'll go with the buckles and get the better fit. I just got them ordered with some more snaps, so I'm going to finish up the calves and start the TD while I'm waiting.

Really appreciate all the help Daryl!

3 hours ago, DStep said:

OK I was hoping to keep the brackets for screen accuracy, but I'll go with the buckles and get the better fit. I just got them ordered with some more snaps, so I'm going to finish up the calves and start the TD while I'm waiting.

Really appreciate all the help Daryl!

I kept the screws in my chest, so it looks screen accurate from the front, but used the straps/buckles on the inside.  Best of both worlds.

• Like 2

Just a small update while I wait for the strap buckles to arrive.

The gloves are done, made a few snap plates for the modified chest/ab connection and waiting for the paint to dry on the TD.

a08f7bfda8a19af6c3e18432598a6669.jpg0c48b83d3ec6953936ec60ca5b737208.jpgdf5a461b839772e5ad514ae8713ecc3d.jpgba6f98a10529b8bd9694eaa0db203c65.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Finally made some more progress. TD is all done!
cf8731e6481f377bb79deca6496a10f8.jpg0ace180a4a87a7f1da9adfa0473e724f.jpg

On to wrapping up the torso. All the elastic, snaps and rivets are in. I started test fitting the shoulder straps and they come too far onto the back plate.
0b1687badef8248ab4346169ec20b110.jpgf819f9f164b3bc42f46cdd8d5af6f65f.jpg1f127475ce792d2075de0d35db268e75.jpg

I found a post that mentions that the CRL has been updated to allow cutting the back of the strap for L1 approval. If I’m going for Centurion, then is this acceptable too? I just wanted to confirm. I was planning to cut off the back tab and a few ridges to make it fit better.

I don't think you can trim any if you're going for centurion.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Hi buddy.

It looks like your shoulder straps are too far back. Rule of thumb is usually 1 big and 4 small ridges glued to the chest.

This screen shot shows what I mean.

3bf4f013d1f0d013db0efb0698580338.jpg

If you follow this, your straps should have less overhang over the back plate. :-)

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Btw, the CRL was updated a little while back to confirm that the rear tab may be removed without affecting clearance at any level.

234eae467fdfd21c0fc59a64b2f538d5.jpg

Looking great, btw. :-)

Best wishes
Dan

• Like 1

Hi buddy.

It looks like your shoulder straps are too far back. Rule of thumb is usually 1 big and 4 small ridges glued to the chest.

This screen shot shows what I mean.

3bf4f013d1f0d013db0efb0698580338.jpg

If you follow this, your straps should have less overhang over the back plate. :-)

Dan

Thanks for the info Dan!
I tried moving them lower on the chest plate.
e415be48e8bf8d852e92ff01c8410a92.jpg93c4f220a4bf62b073faa0dcde9ab1bf.jpg

I noticed that they start going over the ridge on the chest and won’t mount flat. Is this ok?

1 hour ago, DStep said:

Thanks for the info Dan!
I tried moving them lower on the chest plate.
e415be48e8bf8d852e92ff01c8410a92.jpg93c4f220a4bf62b073faa0dcde9ab1bf.jpg

I noticed that they start going over the ridge on the chest and won’t mount flat. Is this ok?

If you use clamps or magnets to flatten them it will be fine. Remember that the back part of the strap will be held down with elastic. I don't see where this would cause many issues.

• Like 2

If you use clamps or magnets to flatten them it will be fine. Remember that the back part of the strap will be held down with elastic. I don't see where this would cause many issues.

ok got it, thanks Rat! yep, I was finally able to get some elastic for the back.
  • Like 1

Still need to attach my chest to back elastic and straps. Then painting and fine tuning, then finished.

Still need to attach my chest to back elastic and straps. Then painting and fine tuning, then finished.

sweet man you’re almost done! mine’s coming around slow, but it’s finally starting to come together. I still need to do shoulders and biceps, then do the bucket.
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Been making a little progress here and there. Just need to paint the details on the body, finish the ab buttons, make some final adjustments and then work on the helmet.

273ea7a12ba919c3946dd986e3494f7f.jpg3747ca301b6d7c577688dcad727d0385.jpg

It feels nice to see it all coming together!

• Like 2

Thanks!

It’s a real rough test fit, but I’m pretty happy with it so far.

Looks much better than my early test fits ;-)

Must be exciting - you’re getting really close to the big reveal. :-)
  • Like 2

Yes looking good D. I'm not looking forward to redoing my thighs.

Looks much better than my early test fits ;-)

Must be exciting - you’re getting really close to the big reveal. :-)

It sure is! Really appreciate all the help that everyone has given!
  • Like 1

Yes looking good D. I'm not looking forward to redoing my thighs.

Thanks Rat!
What’s happened to the thighs? I haven’t been on here for awhile.
  • Like 1

Thanks Rat!
What’s happened to the thighs? I haven’t been on here for awhile.
Ah I was test fitting and realized they are too long. So I am going to have to trim them down.

Ah I was test fitting and realized they are too long. So I am going to have to trim them down.

oh ok, hopefully it’s a minor adjustment. I’ll have to follow it, so I can learn how to do it.

Mine are hiked up pretty high and the bottom comes just below the top of my knee. Funny thing is I’m shorter than you, but my thighs must be longer? Crazy how people’s proportions can be different.
  • Like 1

Looking on the front it looks really great- very good job:jc_doublethumbup:

On the back I have some suggestions to make your suit look it`s best...well in my opinion atleast:)

First we have the shoulder bridges, there was a recent discussion regarding the big rear tab and it was established that it don`t exist on the movie suits and you can read about it here It`s allowed per CRL to have the big tab present but it looks much better without (my opinion) and is screen accurate -  totally up to you though, just wanted to let you know:salute:

3wxRzhF.jpg

The other thing is that there`s a lot of raised edges showing on the back of biceps and thighs. do you have room to make the pieces smaller? Or a combination of making them a bit smaller and using wider strips to help hide it better.

26iDEQ5.jpg

Overall your suit looks great and the general public would never notice this, I´m just trying to help you look your best - carry on Trooper:salute: