Phasma Deleted Scene

JTninja

I am generally not a fan of the whole "they should have kept this scene!" take, but I can't help but feel that way about this scene. It shows Phasma's true colours and is not overly long as a scene. I like that Gwendoline Christie's eye becomes such a focal point and though that's all you can see, when her eye looks to the side as the troopers are starting to have their doubts, I think it communicates the character's thoughts well!

Its a good scene, and I would be interested to watch it in context with the rest of the film, but adding depth to Phasma right before blasting her away to her presumable death seems to cheat the character and the audience. The loss of her hand is some good old Star Wars fun, but I find it more interesting that her reaction is annoyance. Is she that tough? Is it a prosthetic?

I don't think we will ever know.

I like it..esp her executing her own troops to cover her tracks..but I still think the version we got is a smidge better-if only for the way it leaves us wondering if she is try dead. I can see her reapperaing after falling into the fire fully armoured...but surviving a cannon blast at point blank range? Not so sure.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

On 3/8/2018 at 11:49 AM, Colin1138 said:

I like it..esp her executing her own troops to cover her tracks..

How to say this without (too many) spoilers ... This was a major plot point of Marvel's Phasma mini-series.

• 2 months later...