Pre-approval pics

The link you posted takes me to the main Imgur homepage, copy/pasting takes me to a 404. Is your link correct?

Also... it is preferred to post the images here in the forum instead of linking to an album.

I suggest that you also re-name your thread as it will give us more information:

3.  In the Title area, post the following information:  (Fisd screen name) Requesting Pre Approval Review, followed by the armorer who made your kit in parentheses.

Example:  MegaTrooper123 Requesting Pre Approval Review (Anovos)

If you right-click the images over on Imgur and copy the image address directly, then you can paste the links here.

They'll look something like https://i.imgur.com/wMxTjJY.png.

Edited by Harbinger

That works.

The main things I am seeing...

• Lose the Disney handcuffs. They aren't in the CRL and as such are an unapproved accessory (even though plenty of us, myself included, own and troop with them)
  • Your holster is on the wrong side? It should be on the left hand side for ANH, right for ESB/ROTJ.
  • Boots are not correct, you want something from ImperialBoots or TKBoots preferably. There are other options on Amazon that will at least get you through the door, but those aren't much more expensive and are much better quality, and more accurate.
  • Your ab buttons are wrong - looks like you used a mix of the correct part as well as parts meant for your belt (to cover rivets).
    • It should look like this: File:TK anh stunt ab.jpeg
    • Not this: lTb15qW.png
  • General fit of parts could be better. Shoulder bells are flaring out and may be too big. Cod piece is very low and covers up your thigh armor.
  • Thigh ammo pack looks like it had the corners over-trimmed, may not be an issue but if possible you may want to look into fixing/replacing it. It should look like this: IMG_7206.jpg

Probably more I've missed, those are the big ones I noticed right away though. Your suit is fixable, don't get discouraged. Hope this helps!

Edited by Harbinger
  • Like 2

Hiya.

Brien has given some really good pointers there. :duim: 

Just a couple of other little bits:

- Imperial Cog logos should be removed from helmet 

- ears on helmet don’t appear to have screws holding them on. If this is intended as ANH style, screws would be required (I wonder if this is supposed to be a Rogue One helmet?!)

- Your left bicep is upside down - check out other builds here on FISD for interior strapping options as this would hold things in the right places

- belt looks very thin and has bunched up. This might need to be adjusted or replaced 

- thermal detonator appears to be the wrong colour

- the front of your left thigh has been “scooped”. This is usually only done at the back of the thigh piece if increased mobility is required.

Regarding the thigh ammo pack, please note that the fixings should in the RIDGE of the thigh, not into the side of the thigh itself.

ddf0ffb0bc0ac5c4d4728a5d4ed115ac.jpg

Out of interest, did you build it yourself or did it come assembled? 

Best wishes. 

Dan

You got this kit DIRECT from Anovos? I have built a few Anovos kits and this does not resemble their pulls or molds.  Regardless, We can try to get you up to code for basic, at least.

I think you have your left bicep armor on upside down in the photos.

Edited by Shanester

Hi Jason and first I would like to welcome you to the FISD!  Our goal here is to help everyone achieve their dreams of becoming an amazing stormtrooper and to assist members to become part of the 501st if that is their goal.  So I know you have been asked already if you purchased this armor through anovos.  It's not that members are saying your lying but we are just concerned if you did not and bought it through a third party.  From the pictures it really does not appear to be Anovos.

Could you elaborate on what your GML has told you?  If you are denied entry then you are usually told why and most GMLs will even coach you on how to fix any issues.  Anyway, on to your armor.  Lets start from top to bottom.  It appears that you are trying to build an ANH set of armor because most of your components are ANH.  So if that is the case, then your Black series helmet will need to be replaced.  The black series helmet would work for a Rogue One stormtrooper. 

Next, could you provide better pictures of your shoulder bridges?  It appears from the photos that they are not ribbed and they should be.  Down from that we can go to your shoulder bells.  It appears that the right shoulder bell is bigger then your left.  So I would recommend trimming down the right shoulder bell some more.  BUT I would not do that until you sand down the jagged edges of your left shoulder bell.  Try and make all of the lines on your armor smooth.  I say do that first because after you sand down your edges and make it smooth then you could maybe get away with just rotating your shoulder bells back more and it may be fine.  On to your biceps.  As someone has mentioned your left bicep is upside down.  And yes that one coverstrip is too long and should be trimmed back.

Next your forearms appear to be okay.  From your pictures, I cannot see anything that is too bad.  The handplates?  They look like to me that they will need to be replaced.  They should be pantagonal in shape.  It appears that yours are maybe cut wrong and have some wavy lines through out them.

Your chest plate seems to be fine.  Your back plate seems to be fine.  As someone has mentioned, your kidney plate is upside down.  Your butt plate was overtrimmed.  There should be a tab that goes farther into your crotch area then what you have.  While I'm not a GML, I have a feeling that that part will need to be replaced.  Next your ab plate.  Ok so your ab buttons will need to be replaced.  Atleast the bigger one.  It looks like it is a mashup of an unknown piece of plastic with some belt rivet covers glued onto it.  Also as mentioned, the buttons will need to be repainted on both plates.

Next onto your belt.  Your belt plate seems like it should work.  However, I'm still trying to figure out what the holster is.  Can we get better pictures of that?  Also as mentioned, the holster is on the wrong side for ANH.  The holster will also need to be attached to the belt with rivets, snaps, or chicago screws.  Moving on to the thermal detonator.  The cylinder will need to be painted grey.

In order to keep this shorter I will quickly mention the legs.  You have been provided photos of the thigh ammo pouch.  It looks like yours is trimmed wrong and will probably need to be replaced.  And the final part I want to touch on is the shoes.  Those will not pass approval and will need to be replaced.

I know this all seems like a lot Jason but you can make it work.  You will need to take your time and focus.  I strongly urge you to take a look at the 501st CRLs.  On there it will show you what every part is supposed to look like and it is your guide to approval.  The link is here: http://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_anh_stunt

Also, please take a look around our amazing forum.  Look at various build threads, Expert Infantry approval threads, and Centurion approval threads.  When you look at those, then you will learn about the costume and what it is supposed to look like.  Also please reach out to your local garrison.  I'm sure there are many helpful members in the Orlando area that would love to give you a hand and steer you in the right direction.  I hope none of this discourages you and you would want to power through all of this.  This really is an awesome hobby filled with great people with a very worthwhile cause.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome and best of luck on your build. You're in great hands amongst a wealth of knowledge and experience. It would appear that most of the flaws have been identified that would prevent you from basic approval. It would be a good idea to look through the build posts and even the Expert Infantry and Centurion approval posts to get good detailed photos of how a properly built suit should look. This will give you all the details listed in the CRL so that you will know exactly what it is asking. Also, if you are able to get in contact with members of your local garrison; it may be beneficial to ask if they could host an armor party to help you out with your build once you get the necessary replacements.  

Above all else, don't give up. The hard work and time spent making your armor up to standards will be completely worth it when you get the approval and your TK ID. 

Has anyone heard from him since his initial post here? kind of curious if this is a work in progress or he has dropped it? @Jasonm351 you still there buddy? You have quite a bit of work ahead of you, but like the others here have said you can do this. This forum is amazing and kicks butt with the amount of knowledge and support there is. You just need to work each piece at a time. I also am extremely curious about where you got your armor and if this is something you bought "Complete" or if you attempted it yourself? If this was purchased, knowing who you bought it from could help other potential Legion members avoid making the mistake of purchasing a knockoff or recast kit. I think your kit is fixable, but it will just take some time and coin. Please give us an update on whats going on with you and hope all is well.

I just read in another topic that you got your armor in a week, so I hate to say it, but I am about 97% sure you didn't get an authentic Anovos kit...But come on man let us help you out. even though im not approved yet, im pulling for you.  If you have half the drive I do right now for this, you have too much going to just let it go...we can do this man, that's why you came here!

Edited by Commander Gree
added info
  • Like 1