TK16262 Reporting for Duty.

It’s been a long journey and I know it’s only just begun.  Thanks to everyone who contributed to my build thread and to everyone who participates is this community.  I found great value reading through various threads and how tos.  

My journey to the 501st began in December 2016 when I ordered my Anovos OT kit.  I received my kit in January 2018 and immediately began building.  A fellow garrison member commented that I completed my build quickly, but it actually took me well over 100 hours.  I stopped counting when I realized I had reached that bench mark.  My family didn’t recognize me when I finally emerged from the garage and I had grown a beard in the process.  I was frustrated at times and often asked myself, “why am I doing this?”  All my frustrations disappeared when I first put on my completed armor.

I am currently working on a Disney blaster conversion, but am itching to start a new armor build.  This hobby is addicting!  I am looking forward to my first troop and to finding my next project.  Thanks again everyone.

• Like 2

Congratulations on your approval!:salute:

Great story. Wait till you do your first troop. It will bring new meaning to the word addictive!

Have fun out there Trooper!

Two months is often seen as pretty quick, congrats on that! Some folks take six months, some take a year, and some experienced builders take days! Regardless, it's always a lot of work!

Congrats on the approval and welcome to the ranks. 100 hours is about what I spent on my TK as well. It's a nice round number that is both a relief and still leaves you wanting more. :)