question on adding chimera to pauldron

cuthbja

I have seen several photos while researching my build for the Rebels TK of the shoulder pauldron for troopers assigned to G.A. Thrawn's flagship the Chimera.  I have located a source that makes the logo and was wondering it we could get that logo authorized to the CRL on this build.

Image result for rebels tk with chimera pauldron

It's sort of a chicken-and-egg scenario, you have to make something before it can be approved and added to a CRL. As long as you have enough reference/source photos, I'd say go for it.

Edited by Harbinger

Correct.  I'm on the Command Staff with a different Detachment, so our policy is to first make the prop and provide references, then submit it to the Command Staff for review.  You're looking at a separate part, so it shouldn't be that hard. 

Are you doing a stencil to paint it on or are you looking at a decal?  Also check the reference photo thread I posted a bit back to see if any are of use.

If you have more to add, please do so for the benefit of the other Rebels costumers.

i have some items from web searches and screengrabs.  im hoping that the last Rebels episode has some more looks at the chimera patch.  I found a fellow from England through etsy that 3d prints a coaster that would be perfect as an add on but it would not be seamless.. however it could be the basis for the sticker for a standard tk pauldron

22 hours ago, cuthbja said:

i have some items from web searches and screengrabs.  im hoping that the last Rebels episode has some more looks at the chimera patch.  I found a fellow from England through etsy that 3d prints a coaster that would be perfect as an add on but it would not be seamless.. however it could be the basis for the sticker for a standard tk pauldron

Remember that the movie TK pauldron is different than the Rebels one.

The way the CRL is written, you can use a standard ANH one for basic approvals.  It is a different design from the ground up though, so it wouldn't be entirely accurate.  Someone with a tad more sculpting skills than I would likely need to mock up one to pull plastic in a vaccuformer. 

Eric is right on all points.  We allow a regular ANH approval for now until correct ones become easy to get and ubiquitous.  This is like in MEPD where poofy/accurate pauldrons started at the high level of CRL until they became the norm.

Would be very happy to get this in the CRL as an option - let's see the finished product! :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
12 hours ago, cuthbja said:

Well friends here is a trial run8ad5fa46f59e0b40d064a5ef86e4de95.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Great question, let's post this question on the July CRL update thread. https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/45204-july-2018-request-for-crl-updates-thread/

OK folks.. the armor is built and painted.. strapping kit is finished and im ready for my first full fitting and trial run tonight.  the question is who and where do I send my approval photos to.  I know its a fisd approval and I need to be approved by july for the Raleigh NC supercon.  I want that to be the debut of the armor so someone please point me in the right direction

You will need to sign up over at the Carolina Garrison, Nathan, http://www.carolinagarrison.net/?page_id=436 , and then get in touch with Jason Hill, their GML (Garrison Membership Liaison) who will do the approval.  Be patient, though...  GMLs have to approve costumes from the entire spectrum of the 501st, not just TKs.  

1 hour ago, cuthbja said:

OK folks.. the armor is built and painted.. strapping kit is finished and im ready for my first full fitting and trial run tonight.  the question is who and where do I send my approval photos to.  I know its a fisd approval and I need to be approved by july for the Raleigh NC supercon.  I want that to be the debut of the armor so someone please point me in the right direction

Also remember that this is all Volunteer, so rushing them wont do much good. i know you have a push, and maybe get in contact with the GML over FB or something and talk to them, they maybe able to help you out. but you will be in good hands, Jason is good people!