F-11D Sounds and lights

Jonelli

I've already built a Heavy version with just lights.  Now, I'm building a standard version with lights and sound (maybe I'll go back and add it to my Heavy one).
It's based on SkyOne's electronics project for the E11, but I've made a few changes like running it all with two buttons and changing some of the sounds and other small things in the code.
I still need to add the LED's for the static red lights on the blaster, then I'll post the final schematic and Arduino code.  I'm going to use this acrylic rod to illuminate the barrel (it's not cut down to size yet).  Notice the front half of the barrel is brighter even though you can see some light even in the clear section - I sanded that section to make it brighter.
Thought you still like to see what I did.

Link to my complete build thread for the blaster itself:

Edited by Jonelli

I am going to use a Lithium Poly rechargable battery that is perfectly sized and light weight, but needs special charging.  So I designed a charging port in the end cap with a thread on D Ring:
VjZDsPD.jpg

d6wvDz6.jpg

XBYDmSt.jpg

• Like 1

What should the lights on the Hengstler and the magazine do?  I was contemplating making them do something using the Arduino, but I don't know if it matters or makes sense.
I've never seen if the lights actually do anything on screen other than glow.

I was thinking something like:

When switching weapons, flash or chase the three LEDs on the top of the magazine for a visual cue.

If Ammo is out, flash the Hengstler LED's. or maybe turn two of them off and leave only one flashing like it's "out", then when you press reload, chase the three led's and make them all solid on again.

Anyway, I'm just thinking out loud.

Got all of the electronics complete now except for the final outside LED's.  I've trimmed up and cleaned up my wiring as best I can and now am trying to arrange it to fit somehow inside this cavity!  The black part is hollow and it has to go inside it and fit all within what you see.  The remaining tube to the rear of the blaster will house the battery.  The white left side  cavity has to have a speaker also. It's going to be very TIGHT.
SWlpHw6.jpg

Just BARELY fits all in there with room for the tiny speaker out the front end (left side)
mRDlC7h.jpg

Edited by Jonelli

I decided to add LED effects to the Hengstler box and Ammo box LED's.  Here's the outcome.  I think I'm just about finished with the Arduino programming of it.

When it powers up, both boxes LED chase with the sound.  Then as ammo is depleted, the ammo box LED's turn off until its empty and they flash when empty. 
During a weapon change, the Hengstler box LED's flash with the clicking sound then both boxes chase again with the power up sound.

8GCZmULb.jpg

Edited by Jonelli

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Totally awesome job on the electronics. I wish I had your skills to do this. Might have try next blaster but will need to ask lots of questions.  Great job!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...