March 2018 Request for CRL Updates thread

4 hours ago, ukswrath said:

And for my 10,000 post (Andrew is going to love this one) PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE :laugh1:

Shoulder Armor CRL update

Let's add a L2 section - "There should be minimal gap between the Shoulder armor and the Chest and Back plates"

Hopefully this will inspire people to reduce and help alleviate the dreaded shoulder bell gap issue. 

Shoulder%20gap.jpg

Fixed.  Good idea.  Also, congrats on a ten ton post count.  That's rarefied air there.  More people have climbed Mt. Everest, if you think about it.

congats :salute:

5 hours ago, ukswrath said:

Waist ammo belt CRL update. Currently the CRL states "The corners of the plastic ammo belt shall be trimmed at a 45 degree angle." 

I would like to see it say "The corners of the plastic ammo belt shall be trimmed at a 45 degree angle that meets the outer edge of the cloth belt."

Can't tell you how many applicant's I've had to suggest make the correction. 

gallery_12157_59_162657%20b.jpg

Fixed.  dude, you are on a tear!

2 hours ago, ukswrath said:

This is another good call, thanks Brien. To be crystal clear so there's no mistake as to which belt we're referring to I was state ...

L3 - "The top of the ammo belt should sit at or just below the bottom of the central and vertical abdomen button panels"

9b6f426d-8e74-4eb7-9849-19b5cc84fe1c.jpg

Fixed!  Hope it won't screw up short (5'0") or tall (6'4") troopers though?

Guys - take one last look at the thighs and lmk if the rivet comment is correct.  Seems it bounced around a bit, and I really want to move on to R1...

3 minutes ago, Daetrin said:

Fixed!  Hope it won't screw up short (5'0") or tall (6'4") troopers though?

I think “should” is a good loophole in those cases much like shoulder bell gap?

13 minutes ago, Frank75139 said:

All done, you were very helpful, and you even congratulated me like 5 days ago... somehow I don’t feel as important as I was then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry brother, forgive my absentmindedness, very busy these days. If you want to really important help others achieve their goal also. Trooper Helping Troopers is what we're all about here. Please let us know if there's anything else we can do for you. :salute: 

12 minutes ago, Daetrin said:

Guys - take one last look at the thighs and lmk if the rivet comment is correct.  Seems it bounced around a bit, and I really want to move on to R1...

I don't see any changes

Unless anyone objects -

L2 The rivets used shall be single cap, double cap or split rivets. No pop rivets allowed. 

L3 (Remove the rivet wordage all together)

2 hours ago, Frank75139 said:

All done, you were very helpful, and you even congratulated me like 5 days ago... somehow I don’t feel as important as I was then.

It's all good Frank, I saw your application :jc_doublethumbup: you did good.

And, the bigger guys are always taken into consideration with Shoulder Bells and overall fit. We don't discriminate how big or small, short or tall and hope to help everyone we possibly can, make the right armour purchase and mods.

Waiting for Tony to respond :P

9 minutes ago, Sly11 said:

It's all good Frank, I saw your application :jc_doublethumbup: you did good.

And, the bigger guys are always taken into consideration with Shoulder Bells and overall fit. We don't discriminate how big or small, short or tall and hope to help everyone we possibly can, make the right armour purchase and mods.

Waiting for Tony to respond :P

On it lol

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/44227-march-2018-request-for-crl-updates-thread/?do=findComment&comment=602650

2 hours ago, ukswrath said:

Unless anyone objects -

L2 The rivets used shall be single cap, double cap or split rivets. No pop rivets allowed. 

L3 (Remove the rivet wordage all together)

This is there now.

Sorry brother, forgive my absentmindedness, very busy these days. If you want to really important help others achieve their goal also. Trooper Helping Troopers is what we're all about here. Please let us know if there's anything else we can do for you. :salute: 

No worries man, you’ve got a lot going on it was all in good fun.

On 3/19/2018 at 2:31 PM, ukswrath said:

And for my 10,000 post (Andrew is going to love this one) PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE :laugh1:

Shoulder Armor CRL update

Let's add a L2 section - "There should be minimal gap between the Shoulder armor and the Chest and Back plates"

Hopefully this will inspire people to reduce and help alleviate the dreaded shoulder bell gap issue. 

Shoulder%20gap.jpg

I might be late to the game here, and I totally understand where Tony is coming from on this, but I think this requirement might keep larger troopers from making EIB that otherwise could. While it is keeping with screen-accuracy, do we want to go that far?

EDIT: This is what I get for responding before fully catching up. I see this has been addressed and the word "minimal" clarified. Sounds like a plan to me! Loving all the suggested changes so far.

Edited by Neb Sgird
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, lucnak said:

Any thoughts on maybe a L3 requirements for First Order TKs to have the three-piece belt?

Can you elaborate please?

Sorry, should have worded that better; I meant three-layer belt. The only specification on the materials for the belt for FOTKs is:

• The belt is ribbed and made from a rubber or a rubber like material.

My understanding from what I've been seeing is that the screen used FOTKs had a three-layer belt. Nylon with the buckle, then a foam layer, and then the rubber layer that is visible.

Edited by lucnak

I think I got most of the Rogue One ones done.  For any other R1 changes, please post at the bottom of this thread:

This way at least all R1 stuff is in one place.  Yes, some items weren't done, but that is because I wasn't clear on what the "should be" text should be.

• Like 1

Not to backtrack, but do we want to include the conclusions of the recent shoulder bridge bump discussion here as a level 3 requirement for the ANH TK? It could be worded something like "The last bump on the back of the bridges should not be longer than the rest."

5 hours ago, Neb Sgird said:

Not to backtrack, but do we want to include the conclusions of the recent shoulder bridge bump discussion here as a level 3 requirement for the ANH TK? It could be worded something like "The last bump on the back of the bridges should not be longer than the rest."

Really starts to knock some armor out of the running for L3, ATA has short shoulder bridges, they already are place on armor with 2 and 1/2 bumps at the front when ideally they should be 4 and 1/2, take off the large bump on the back then they will be too short.

Not sure about other armor makers.

Well...I guess I should post this here as well (just did in another thread)

My take on the matter is that since it has been proven that the large tab on the rear is non-existing on the Movie-suits it should barely pass basic. Beeing Expert Infantry and having something that`s clearly not on the suit seem very odd to me. For sake of argument: having a total of ten teeth cut out is not approvable even though it can be found in the Movie so why should something that`s not on any suit be approvable? Just beacause some makers make them that way? They need to improve their molds and to help larger Troopers then just ad more smaller tabs. Think of it as to shiming the sides, you`re extending the part, not altering it.