Need Help with Fitting Issues

I'm a small framed girl 5'3" 111 lbs. I also have small hips. I'm planning on trimming the corset piece to fit me more snug but if I do so, the butt plate wraps around me and is pretty visible from the front. I don't think the ammo boxes will hide it. Do you think it will be ok for 501st approval if it looks like that? Most photos I've seen of other ladies in legacy armor the butt plate is not too visible. This is my first armor build. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.68e32007a9a730ce67ba6c7ff543b1d3.jpgc27abd1bbef1a67aed3343e3726e2ff7.jpg882dea4107ab5f706e1ff3989103c121.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

i would fit the abdomen to the rear kidney plate first, having the join seam running down the center of your side on body shot (photo). once your happy with this you would have a good marker for trimming your butt plate to suit (use the join seam as a marker for the finish point on the butt plate and lay out new sweep line on butt plate trying to replicate the curve that is there). just check you are not removing anything required on the crl with regards to your abdomen plate :)

Edited by Chopper857
better explanation

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for the help. I got the torso and the butt plate connected. I'm now working on the chest and back. What's the best method for attaching the sides? I've seen the front overlap the back with velcro. I've seen them not overlapping but laying flat against elastic (I'm assuming vecroed on to the elastic). Just exploring ideas. I want a good fit, that looks good, but most importantly is easy to take on and off.70a4dc0e1b04315ec2000a0e1e4229ae.jpg

Thank you for the help. I got the torso and the butt plate connected. I'm now working on the chest and back. What's the best method for attaching the sides? I've seen the front overlap the back with velcro. I've seen them not overlapping but laying flat against elastic (I'm assuming vecroed on to the elastic). Just exploring ideas. I want a good fit, that looks good, but most importantly is easy to take on and off.70a4dc0e1b04315ec2000a0e1e4229ae.jpg

Hi ya, we are just working through this stage at the mo got a few ideas will post up shortly. Your chest plate seems to be sitting high though what gap between the chest and back across the shoulders you working with ? And without being inappropriate nice job on the butt plate