BLACKFOX

Not another BADLANDER...

Greetings everyone!!

As my tile of this thread states, I'm another Badlands Garrison member crashing the FISD. It's taken me sometime to get here, but there's no better day then today! I currently have my ID: Staff Officer, IC: Bridge Crew, and TI: ANH TIE Pilot, but I have always wanted my TK armor so here I am. I do have to admit, I have enjoyed sitting down on troops while all the TKs stand there...sweating and giving me looks and I said to myself... eh, that seems fun, let build the armor.

I took a quick glance around and noticed that there's a lot to read, which I can't wait to do. I love to research things to the 9th degree and back so this is going to be fun.

Cheers,

Sal

• Like 3

Welcome to the FISD Sal!

Glad to have you with us!

Good Luck Future Trooper!:duim:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BLACKFOX said:

have to admit, I have enjoyed sitting down on troops while all the TKs stand there...sweating

Haha. That made me chuckle. :laugh1:

Welcome aboard, Sal. Sounds like you’re building a great collection of uniforms. :-)

FYI, we don’t see pictures of Tie Pilots much over here - feel free to share some pics of your existing costumes, if you fancy it. ;-) 

Best wishes,

Dan

• Like 1

Welcome aboard. We aren’t jealous of you more mobile folk. Nope. Not at all.

Edited by Harbinger
  • Like 1

Welcome to the true home of shiny white armor, Sal, and I really like the line " I love to research things to the 9th degree..." !  A lot of folks don't realize how much research there actually is, but you are definitely in the right place to do it all.  You probably have many of the tools and such you will need, but if you are going OT TK this list may help:

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/31404-supply-list-for-your-tk-build/

Hopefully with your build background you will be aiming for EI and Centurion, which is really not that much more effort in the grand scheme of things.  As you may have realized there are a plethora of folks here to help you out at every step of the way, from helping you choose an armorer to any build questions. 

The "Getting Started..." section will be your best friend at first, but if you have any questions all ya' gotta do is ask!

• Like 1

Welcome! Always happy to see more Canadians getting in that shiny white!

• Like 1

Hi Sal and welcome aboard future Trooper! 

Have a read in the “Getting Started-Read this First” section, as there is some really good info in there for new members.

Then, have a read in “Costuming and Builds” section to discover other troopers who are building (or have built) the same armor as you! Really good tips, examples, pictures, previously answered questions, and successes here.

In addition to looking at all the various build threads, I highly recommend checking out the “Advanced Tactics” section where you can see examples of those who have taken their armor to the next levels of screen accuracy (EIB and Centurion).  I’d recommend that you aim to build to one of the certification levels, as TK’s look their best at these levels. It's really not hard to acquire EIB or Centurion, and it’s best to do during your build rather that after.

If, and when, you’re looking for other bits –and-pieces, accessories, boots, blasters, electronics, etc., be sure to check out the “Imperial Commissary/PX” section for items for sale, project runs, and for other stuff that most of the troopers use.

Also, keep in contact with your local Garrison. They may have local Armor Parties in the works where you can get hands-on build advice and guidance.

So, start a build thread here on FISD; post lots of pictures and questions. We are all here to help you out and to make sure you look your best, and represent the 501st as best as possible.

All the best on your TK journey! :smiley-sw013:

Edited by 68Brick
  • Like 1

Welcome to the full-body armor club!  Since you've already cut your teeth with TIE armor, just think of your TK as an extension of that.  Working with ABS is working with ABS, the parts are just different shaped and for a TK there's more of them.  I too love to research- and you have come to the right place to do so.  And it never stops, either.  I would also direct you to the EIB/Centurion threads- great for close-up shots and details.  And if they're approved, then you know they did it right, so you can rely on following them.  

• Like 1

Thank you all for the warm greetings and suggestions. I have already started to figure out where I'm going to hide my TK from my wife...lol.

I love the challenge of making as much as I can on my own, learning along the way and discovering new limitations to break. I'm a big believer that with enough research, google, creative thinking and good old fashion trial and error anything can be made, fix or improved. Can't wait to start.

Here's a few photos of my Staff officer, Bridge crew and Pilot.

The boss didn't like my jokes...lol

zE7SrI8.jpg

Troop inspection

GOpDD3m.jpg

Bridge Crew member

PqC1xKg.jpg

TIE Pilot

Everyone gets to sit... but the sandy.

dHkHzep.jpg

Run for the Cure. I'm the one in pink...lol.

ej2Rd3L.jpg

Ah dearest Sal.....yes. Another Badlands TK.
You know I'll help you in any way!
If you make it up my way, bring your kit and we shall do it up!
I'm excited for you! I knew you couldn't resist the sleek suit!
It was great to see you this last armor gathering. I sure have missed you.
If you need help building, please call. I'll be to Edmonton at least once more before Calgary Expo.
Good to see you here!

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Well surprise, surprise!

Great to finally have you in the Detachment lines mate!

We are all here to help, and looking forward to what’s in store .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

Welcome to the FISD Sal, You might not be able to sit but at least you won't get called Vader anymore :laugh1: 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, msouza said:

Welcome to the FISD Sal, You might not be able to sit but at least you won't get called Vader anymore :laugh1: 

So true!

Hello fellow Badlander!  I'm new to the group but hopefully we will cross paths at some point.  I just finished my TK and I liked it so much I'm going to do another build (TD this time).  Enjoy your build! 

• Like 2

So true!

We can show you the art of sitting mate not a problem

f8b99a6d9dc65e9b2bd1370709622043.jpg
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, wook1138 said:

Hello fellow Badlander!  I'm new to the group but hopefully we will cross paths at some point.  I just finished my TK and I liked it so much I'm going to do another build (TD this time).  Enjoy your build! 

Thanks!! I'm hoping to hit a few troops in other parts of the Garrison this year, hopefully our paths will cross. Cheers!

1 hour ago, Pyrates said:

We can show you the art of sitting mate not a problem emoji6.pngemoji106.png

f8b99a6d9dc65e9b2bd1370709622043.jpg

That almost looks comfortable... almost. I guess I better start learning yoga or something! Can't wait to learn mate!

• Like 1