RS Prop Master Self Build Kit?

I been going through the forums and YouTube videos trying to decide where and what armor to buy, just want the look from New Hope!  

I am in Canada and was looking at local company out of Montreal AP Armor but then saw a video on RS Prop Master from UK and now I am confused what is better to buy if I do not factor in the price.

So is it worth for more authentic armor better to go with RS (would like to get Centurion Certification eventually) or if I bought from AP would I still get the same authenticity?  I was planning on going with them fully trimmed AP armor since my skill is limited....lol

Any advice is appreciated & welcomed! 

Good question, some armor makers have more accuracy than others, some are cheaper, some are thicker, really depends what your budget is and what level of accuracy you are looking for.

Mostly the more you pay the more accuracy you are getting, myself I chose ATA (mid range), I was also looking at TM and RS at the time, a fellow member had RS and did have a few cracks BUT he was pretty active in it, I mean REALLY active and TM just didn't fit in my budget.

You won't be unhappy with either AP or RS, have a look through some of the builds for both, also some of the EI and centurion applications, they will give you an idea on what you are buying.

As for skill if you've ever put a plastic model together then these are pretty much the same, only larger ;) 

Pre trimmed, really depends on your frame and size, it's really not a lot of work to trim armor, seems daunting at first then after the first cut you think what was all that worry for.

Hi, 

AP and RS are both great kits. Especially the RS helmet is replicating all the bumps and irregularities of the surface the original parts had. 

If you prefere a more idealized look  go for AP. 

You can build both kits up to Centurion without any problems and about trimming: don’t be afraid. It is much easier than you think. Just do it. :smiley-sw013:

Cheers

Christian

If you decide on AP, I would suggest going with untrimmed. Trimming the armour gets you used to working with it and allows you to size it if you need to. The scraps are also useful for making ABS paste if you ever need it to repair armour! Plus you would save some money!

Thank you all, so many decisions to make it all gets a bit confusing after awhile...

Think I'll stick to the AP, buying local is always nice you don't get those nasty duty charges & I think I will try the untrimmed version! 

Now just to pay for it!!! LOL

• Like 1