Holes in ear bump for hearing system

Did a search and did not find an answer. I drilled out some holes in the black ear bump to use the hearing assist system...will this be an issue for EIB (and further, for Centurion)? Thanks in advance.

Edit: Additional question - cracks...will they need to be filled? I have a few after two years of trooping!

Edited by lucnak

Shouldn't be, as one our our DO's is the one who came up with the idea, AFAIK. Just  make sure to use a sharpie/paint to black out the cut edges and put some speaker cloth or something behind the slit/holes so you can't see them.

Okay, here are some photos.

First question relates to holes drilled into ear bumps. The holes are not visible for the most part, but held at a certain angle, you can see them. I'm also now wondering about the brow that I cut at an angle. I realize now that it should be straight and not cut to match the trap above:

wivW5L9.jpg

b4q7vOS.jpg
1roIJDj.jpg
0n4JVIv.jpg

Second question related to cracks. The cracks are visible up close and I've backed these with ABS to reinforce the areas:

yFDkTWC.jpg

HGIeQLr.jpg

GhTtB9R.jpg

nVGeIHL.jpg

Lastly, I was wondering about these notches I cut out when I built my armour back in 2016. They are 22 x 22 but as you can see, the vertical cut in the notch does not line up with the butt plate. (Sorry, but as I was cleaning things up, more questions came up!):

spmxP6p.jpg

HXUqx6M.jpg

I'd say it's good.  I mean, you can only see it up close and in a certain light.  Heck, unless you submitted close-up, it probably wouldn't be visible in submission pictures.

• Like 1

Ear holes will not be an issue at all, I have them in mine and Tony and I are only interested in CRL requirements and getting you looking the absolute best you can for Centurion.

Cracks as you well know are a fact of life for a trooper, so as long as you are repairing them so they wont get worse , all is good.

ABS paste and some sanding and polishing will conceal them and would always be a recommendation we would make but it wont affect an approval. :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

true. i honestly didnt remember so had to check.  they were after.  but only because I asked everyone after seeing Tonys and hes got centurions up in his...everything.