LEGACY FEM TROOPER Version A TJ_fem WIP

Helmet looks great! I'm so afraid to trim out all the little bits around the mouth. You did a great job. What did you use? Just a dremmel?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Hi , used a dremmel briefly from the back just to start the holes off, then used needles files to finish, painfully slow process but you get good results

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drilled out the back of the hovi mic tips and have glued in a bolt to aid fitment of the fans switch plate later 

xl1DBCV.jpg

laid out and drilled 4 mm clearance as central as i could 

tu7eKNy.jpg

with the hovi mic tips in place Fortunately i was able to get some stencils to aid with this.

positioned stencil for tube strips 

s24sFNz.jpgipLY974.jpg

have done a count back and within the CRL for the amount of visible stripes. also painted the ear bumps and screw tops 

fiQWZfa.jpg

final part of helmet assembly for now, fitted s-trim around based of helmet

3KkB7oU.jpg

just as a comparison here is a side by side with my lid 

WibCHy2.jpg?1

Edited by Chopper857

OK now to tackle the belt and small ammo boxes (Only a few pieces :shok:)

qWQQFFU.jpg

Spent the first part of the afternoon trimming and sanding the small ammo box covers, the did the same with the fixing boxes also drilling 4.5 mm clearance holes for the attach bolts 

Y0126xx.jpg

7Y0yQjw.jpg

Ok so partial suit up to check placement of belt initial sizing and to layout for center line's front and rear to help with placement of Ammo Boxes 

2dEHs3N.jpg?1

5wL7D9o.jpg?1

from that realigned the belt on the table then did all the initial trimming top and bottom of the belt and trimmed to size. then covered in masking tape to aid lay out 

iUxyS5E.jpgAjTEJKA.jpg

took quite a few go's working out the best spacing and finally settled on 30 mm between boxes 6 at the front offset from center line and 5 at the rear middle box centered on line 

tfiWDuG.jpg

babFiWl.jpg

so here's were i have tried something different i am using a length of  40mm webbing inside the belt will attach a snap as a fixing for closure when done.

4iTWgVh.jpg

so now positioning the securing blocks 1 by 1 and drilling through for a 4 mm clearance hole 

pYDvRoy.jpg

once that was completed removed all the tape and cleaned up the holes 

lx7Ny4p.jpg

then went though the process of screwing the attachment blocks, fortunately the webbing is giving something for the nuts to bit down on 

Cn6VGqc.jpg

first stage of the belt completed 

pJs3TV7.jpg

Gradually working my way round fitting all the small ammo box covers keeping them as centrally aligned as possible (fixed in position with E6000) held in place with good old masking tape ;)

EoQMQiG.jpg 

k2lq8Cx.jpg

boxes now all in position and I am going to add a snap for closure of the belt 

NyNQjo8.jpg 

JzKMcpN.jpg

Main Belt boxes rough trimmed from BBB day 

YgHVZps.jpg?1

rough trimmed out the opening on the front cover. kept the trimming rough at this point to keep the box more stable for gluing together 

JMrDRhG.jpg

then E6000 the two pieces together was able to keep most sides in good contact with magnets.

JjwDfsG.jpg

ihk79n2.jpg

whilst that is going off, worked on the lid initially  l cut 3 strips out and glued in place to reinforce the back of the lid 

mh07UsK.jpg

then cut one more piece and laid out for the hinge and filed in a slot the equivalent depth of the hinge plate 

8saK2FK.jpg

vzv7X2L.jpg

the glued that piece in position as well 

NSbDGAL.jpg

again as there is no set in stone way for securing the boxes to the belt have tried something different but this way in the end has  allowed  the top on the main box to always sit flush and in line with the other small ammo boxes giving a clean look in line with the statue.

i am going to use 2 inch elastic which is glued to the top of the box over the hinge with a support piece of abs which is also riveted through the center hole of the hinge and either side. with velcro attached to the box and the elastic for securing in place 

uUI0EY3.jpg

62jVkIP.jpg

nUCUohm.jpg

elastic will need a bit of a trim 

• 3 weeks later...

Ok last pieces of the puzzle are starting to arrive Neck seal , gloves and fans for lid  with the gloves again a little tip of the hat to the standard TK black rubber gloves with latex/rubber hand guards (hand guards are same design as hard ones provided with kit) removed the hand guards and then reattached with Velcro. Makes life a lot easier with the forearms as have gone for a narrow closure around the wrist. As this is a version A Fem, ordered boots from IB 

Y6eqnZJ.jpg

Q4y9N0p.jpg

E0W8b4p.jpg

TD time, for this I have drilled two 8 mm holes 40mm either side of the center of the TD then I removed the prongs from two M6 T nuts and E6000 them in place from the inside of the TD tube 

F6DMyLx.jpg

UgpiYAJ.jpg

yK08cCk.jpg

with this done I moved onto back plate placement, having marked where the top of the belt sits from a previous test fit I then marked 25 mm up from that point (in line with CRL statement ) then a further 30 mm up for a center of tube line. Then laid out the clearance holes for the TD on the same 80 mm pitch as the TD itself

kmDFNbg.jpg

with these clearance holes drilled, I added two reinforcement pieces

EUnIJ0w.jpg

also cut two foam washers to go between the TD and the Back plate 

7nCDCps.jpg

then test fitted the TD 

JxBfnfr.jpg

Edited by Chopper857

Switch/button plate was trimmed down and positioned centrally then glued in place 

gb1zv8b.jpg

once set in position TD was removed and the end caps trimmed up and fitted very tight fit on tube have left that as is and not applied any additional glue.

UhhCKjN.jpg

then finished up with a paint job using the same grey as used on the helmet.

zs1coFL.jpg

Ok back to the thighs which were bothering me the most. after numerous test fits have decided on this positioning detailed in the photos below, with the inner side of the thigh sitting slightly deeper than the outer I have off set for this so all the covers for the elastic that clip's to the knee caps look level when viewed from straight on. again these slots were started off using a slitting wheel on a dremel then finished by hand with needle files . Once done the elastic was checked in position with the knee cap and glued in place, the covers were added (heavy on the E6000 then clean up after) used the E6000 to compensate for the curve of the thigh 

18FddzI.jpg

nQjnAVR.jpg

tbH4Hca.jpg

odBTG8J.jpg

LQhnql3.jpg

Ok I have mentioned we have done quite a few test fits along the way with this build but have tried to keep the emphasis of the individual parts. but we are now near enough complete so here we go with full test fit photos. thanks for any  feedback given 

GEWOXi6.jpg

TWyD5Qv.jpg

Yd68MOh.jpg

YZIrhyg.jpg

8AFdtUW.jpg

• Like 1

well this all happened pretty quick in the end, Tracey's now cleared and done her first troop with the UK garrison at the UK's national space center. Even helped out Warwick Davis at one point :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

will take the time over the next fews day to update all the pics on the thread so they work and make sure i haven't missed any parts of the build. might even try and and add a table of contents :blink: at the start. 

will get her to sign in and introduce herself properly now and start a troop diary but prior to that here a quick few pics 

TK13570 signing in with a bang  instagram  tj_fem 

PwouBi9.jpg

k1aHkWG.jpg

TVftLyR.jpg

eXxoORR.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

UPgrades !!!  3 weeks of trooping and Tracey  (TK13570) seems to have worked out most of the kinks will now be going through some adjustments and upgrades will list them out and work through accordingly :rolleyes: stops me forgetting :blink:

1. wider elastic for better support on thighs   going from 2" to 3 " now 

2. removing snaps from one side on chest/back plates and attaching elastic straight to one side 

3. adding padding to inside of forearms/vamp braces (better stability less rub when carrying dlt 19)

4. new fan system to fit for helmet, micro fans going in running variable speeds using digital control box 

5. fitment of speaker and rom set up  

will picture up and document each change  as I get it done 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

1. Right just documenting some of the upgrades done over the last few weeks, With the thigh's we was getting a bit of slide and found the easiest solutions was to upgrade the belt being used for something more sturdier. So went from 25 mm webbing up to 40 mm webbing and this has fixed this first issue.

JHvw7H5.jpg?1

Edited by Chopper857

2. with regards to the chest to back plate side closure using the original concept of having the elastic snap fitting onto both armor parts  we found the front snap was catching on the raised side indent of the kidney plate and causing movement issues and occasionally trapping the chest plate in misalignment,. So have removed the snap plates on the chest plate and directly E6000 the elastic in place keeping the snap fit on the back plate 

og01Aye.jpg

this has helped with kitting up also 

3. with having slim arms we have added foam padding in the forearms stopping them moving around and removing  pinching issues at the top of the forearm in the elbow ditch  when carrying a DLT for a significant amount of time 

5phjJUc.jpg

ykdmH4O.jpg

4. Finally fitted fan system in lid, purchased a second kit for the fans which consisted of micro fans and digital variable speed, which gave better options for positioning in the helmet. with the fans in the front and the switch control at the rear it allowed us to place the usb power bank  at the front of the helmet also 

vSjkXT9.jpg

RxHnwKy.jpg

QwmC9T1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

5. Electronics went old school for voice changer and got a Rom fx (bit more flexibility in changing voice), and packaged this in a old trading card box containing  the battery as well 

JXbkPpq.jpg

3NaDn4O.jpg

then paired this up with a slimline aker speaker. for placement within the chest cavity have added two pieces of elastic and E6000 in place

63GTNuZ.jpg

finished set can be run using wired or bluetooth mic rig 

VsgQt4T.jpg