LEGACY FEM TROOPER Version A TJ_fem WIP

Ok whilst i am doing just a bit more (make sure) research on the knee caps have carried on working with the abdomen and kidney plates. as i said earlier we have been trimming down in stages and now know have about a 6- 8 mm return edge on the ab plate and 5mm on the kidney is good to go . the pic shows the layout 

IMG_0454.jpg

also to achieve clean lines down the body side the ab plate was trimmed 20 mm from and in line with the raised indent 

IMG_0456.jpg

then kitted up again for laying out the kidney plate, we have gone 10 mm inside of marked line from the edge of the ab plate to achieve a solid and clean overlap that gives room for movement as well.

IMG_0465.jpg

RV9kDKF.jpg

Edited by Chopper857
added pic

To hold the ab and kidney plates together have gone down the elastic and snaps route ( there are multiple tutorials for the creation of these RWA do a good one)

will be using 50mm (2") elastics and 15 mm prym snaps .

elastics were cut to 6 inches and a inch fold back superglued in place giving 3 inches between snaps 

IMG_0487.jpg

positioning of snaps was checked a couple of times and then E6000 in placed 

S82KRRP.jpg

huCyi2h.jpg

ab and kidney plates cleaned up and edges smoothed with snaps in position

cLXMYFR.jpg

with elastics in position

LwpjtCm.jpg

Edited by Chopper857

Test fit with kidney and abb plates :)

IMG_0564.jpg

And checked butt plate for positioning, will E6000 elastics to butt plate but thinking about snaps to the kidney just to aid disassembly of amour and transport  ??

dlIgFrl.jpg

Edited by Chopper857

• 2 weeks later...

Right have now finished off butt plate made four elastic straps with snaps fitted one end.

SBMsnrG.jpg

then fitted the other half of the snaps to the base of the kidney plate 

KZC5Oja.jpg

then re-done test fit for positioning and glued in place 

wNcLc3W.jpg

Edited by Chopper857
re linking pic's

Ok so now onto the chest and plate, both parts were roughed out to the mould lines then sat down and thought about strapping system and have gone for the same link system as a normal TK 2 inch wide white-ribbed elastic  with a central snap in the center for the shoulder bell showing 2 inchs between the chest and back plate initial pics storyboard the straps.

GGt0cOY.jpg

IGSPodq.jpg

QeFZT3j.jpg

last pic includes strap for shoulder bell 

uYxOexB.jpg

Edited by Chopper857
re linking pic's

laid out and secured snap plates to the chest and back plate to achieve a 2 inch gap between the plates with the shoulder snap dead center 

h5BL98B.jpg

wSE1Dwp.jpg

now sits nice across the shoulders 

wFk1qKR.jpg

Edited by Chopper857
re linking pics

two stage layout for the chest and back piece initial fit was to get master line on the chest plate down center of body (trimmed using score and snap) then refitted to layout back plate and add alignment lines for positioning of snaps. 

Ye0v0Oq.jpg

this was done for both sides. strap for sides were again made out of 2 inch wide elastic did 4 inch's long then folded back over 1 inch either end giving quite a solid strap to keep everything in line, with just a bit of movement if required 

IMG_0593.jpg

side snaps and straps ready for fitment 

LHLpg6W.jpg

Edited by Chopper857
re linking pic's

snaps glued in place on chest plate 

MmLiMpf.jpg

chest and back plate clamped into place using alignment markings from earlier fitting

1caYh9r.jpg

then back plate snaps positioned using straps and clamped and glued in place 

Ab4RFjw.jpg

Edited by Chopper857
re linking pic's

Everything now glued in place OK, second test fit seems ok will blend out chest to back plate in line with layout on both sides

alignment_c_and_b.jpg

if needs must can add some Velcro to aid positioning 

Edited by Chopper857
picture link

Ok so now onto shoulder bells (doing these prior to chest and back cover straps).  laid out and trimmed to mould lines

IMG_0543.jpg

IMG_0551.jpg

IMG_0552.jpg

Edited by Chopper857

taped the elastic snap made earlier in position (did the center of the snap 25 mm from edge of shoulder bell) giving good alignment shoulder to chest and back plate and now no  strapping on show.

IMG_0587.jpg

positioning looks good so have now glued straps in place

IMG_0572.jpg

Edited by Chopper857
picture link

• 2 weeks later...

To finish off the shoulder bells going to add a snap for attaching the bicep and also the 1 inch elastic across the base of the shoulder bell. this is a option with regards to the crl but feel the shoulder bell could be a bit flappy with out it.

lay out for bicep snap

IMG_0702.jpg

Now snap glued in place 

IMG_0701.jpg

adding the strap across the shoulder bell

IMG_0888.jpg

final piece to glue 

IMG_0901.jpg

now have a set of finished shoulder bells 

IMG_0912.jpg

going to show the build on the forearms prior to the biceps just because i missed a couple of photos whilst assembling the biceps and i want to document the technique with out confusing myself :6:

OK so initial layout and  rough cuts will leave around 5 to 6 mm returns top and bottom of the forearms 

IMG_0459.jpg

taking on board the CRL references

• Exterior (long) edge must be overlapped to represent the vambraces.
  • The cut edge should face the back.

have paired up left and right and front facing i have laid out for 25mm wide calling this master and trimmed the other piece to slot in underneath holding it all together with tap

IMG_0777.jpg

what i did next was to layout size  and position for the inner butt joint, once done in position then worked out best trim line were the cut line made contact with both halves using a steel rule 

IMG_0753.jpg

added magnets to the underside to pull the rule in line with shape of forearm

IMG_0754.jpg

IMG_0755.jpg

Edited by Chopper857
picture update

then cleaned up both halves and cut internal cover strip to glue both halves together

I have gone for gluing the butt joint first as i will be easier to glue on position and will be under less pressure whilst the glue is setting and also any tweaks can be easier dealt with with the over overlapping joint on the outside edge 

IMG_0737.jpg  

positioning and joint check 

IMG_0770.jpg

glue applied and plenty of tap and magnets 

IMG_0772.jpg 

finished butt joint 1 prior to clean up 

IMG_0749.jpg

to finish Assembly of first forearm  roughed up the surfaces of the overlap and a applied a good lot of glue 

IMG_0748.jpg

again with the magnets and tape 

IMG_0789.jpg

once set will re do the return edges so all smoothed out 

Biceps !! same as forearms did a quick check for size and was satisfied i could use mold lines as start point for trimming and also added a 4 mm return edge clean up 

sZvencW.jpg

as with the forearms i resized and taped in place and then laid out for a trim line covering both half's and used the slitting wheel again  to achieve the butt joint 

cWmfliK.jpg

then glued that side in pace using a internal cover strip 15 mm wide 

m65SceM.jpg

PpXNE39.jpg

set in position

yC3SgeJ.jpg 

then went and resized for the second butt joint and again held in place and achieved butt join with slitting wheel

c09Wftm.jpg

again glued in position using a 15mm internal strip 

4mr3ZZB.jpg 

to help with positioning on the arms much like a normal TK i am adding elastic strips to allow connection to the shoulder bell but using a snap for final fixing (again just preference for ease of transport) slightly thinner elastic used so it sits nice within shoulder bell

su9ggsh.jpg

gjJhHcX.jpg

just need a final clean up 

Edited by Chopper857

• 2 weeks later...

OK break from the main Armour. going to assemble the helmet.

First thing i did was to rough all main parts to the mold lines including rough clearance on the eyes and teeth.

6c1xzOK.jpg?1

then spent time finely cleaning all the edges teeth and eye sockets.

bcdILzt.jpg

then i added the frown seal and positioned both parts together using the center dimple on the side of the helmet as a guide, drilled a 4 mm diameter hole and fixed parts into position using nut and bolts 

j40zakQ.jpg 

i then proceeded to do the long task of filing the ears to suit ( the below pic shows the initial fixing bolt also) 

SsdPviU.jpg

once the ears where cleaned up was happy with fit i pre drilled the fixing holes ( fortunately had some screen accurate screws left from previous build just for good measure.)

KPGJUdl.jpg

i carefully held each ear in position and drilled through rest of helmet. then checked positioning of base screw hole and added that one as well 

2VX074u.jpg

9gr8j5Z.jpg

I then disassembled the helmet again to sort out the lenses. a large section of a welding screen was provided and i initially cut that down by half  with the intention of having a one piece lense screen. positioned visor in face plate and used masking tape to lay out for unwanted material.

7NXwV51.jpg

a8PtCKt.jpg

this was done a few times till i was happy with shape and fit again this was then clamped in place and clearance holes added with the face plate being used as a guide. then all excess material round the edge of the face plate removed 

rIkfSTZ.jpg

4XwhjN5.jpg

yjvI9J6.jpg

i8mMCnT.jpg

prior to reassembly i am painting all the required areas, have used frog tape to lay out for all the panels on the back plate  (really good tape no seep through) and did the teeth frown and vocoder by eye 

lRt40cq.jpg

HTnsG5v.jpg

wsJ5PFN.jpg

QDrwuRA.jpg

fans have arrived and have dug out all left over padding i have lying around, also some lovely tube stripe templates turned up as i intended to hand paint them as well .

from this point i reassembled the helmet.

ha09zFJ.jpg

• Like 1