LEGACY FEM TROOPER Version A TJ_fem WIP

Well its BBB day for the wife, she will be doing a WIP within her local garrison but as i am helping through out the build, thought i would post here as well so I/we can get additional feedback along the way.

we managed to get hold of a old untouched KW kit which was marked #005 and helmet #006 and boots. whole thread will probably be pic heavy and will try and lay it out well due to experience from my build 

thanks for looking :)

uwzcaox.jpg

Edited by Chopper857
  • Like 3

We spent the evening un-boxing  and cleaning down all the Armour parts and have grouped them as how we want the build to progress..

Helmet first off but will will be going to and from this during the build i.e. during curing times of other parts 

tqvslig.jpg

Edited by Chopper857

then what looks like will be time consuming the belt + boxes and TD.

currently investigating if a fabric belt much like the standard TK belt can be attached to the plastic outer parts of the belt system and go for snaps to the main front plate again like a standard TK 

qWQQFFU.jpg

gVeTFrf.jpg

aEYx2zg.jpg

Edited by Chopper857

then finally boots currently in possession of the new look boots that many of the first fem trooper used but understand will now have to modify these with a yinyl/leather strip to be crl compliant 

EMGf99k.jpg

Edited by Chopper857

Thanks for kicking this off!  We have very few legacy build threads but a surprising amount of legacy troopers in the Legion.  Hoping this will become canonical :salute:

• Like 2

OK paid a visit to the local market and came back with all the required elastics (in line with screen accurate for regular TK), webbing plus some snap fit belt buckles and knocked  up a quick belt and thigh strapping system. Used super glue on the thigh loops will possibly add stitching later

uaziQiC.jpg

efUgCZG.jpg

Edited by Chopper857

so starting with the thighs first..  with no clear guidance as to required length of return edges and see a majority of builds were they seem quite big have opted to play safe and work back in stages. so initially laid out for between 12 and 15 mm on both front and rear pieces..

mwJz0lm.jpg

Edited by Chopper857

from there we taped int the thigh strap and did our first test for sizing and found we could use kev's mould line on the outside with no issues but left 20 mm on the inside as a precaution..

V60A1Jw.jpg

RlP0ZEX.jpg

Edited by Chopper857

once trimmed did a quick alignment check, then roughed up the gluing surfaces and stuck in place with E6000.   following this we will reduce the returns to between 8 and 10 mm as we now know were ok for material then try on again and layout for the butt joint on the inner side.. 

i0qdVgv.jpg

pusgADb.jpg

PzlpSol.jpg

Edited by Chopper857

So we reduced the returns down to 8mm and re tried on to check for the inner join thankfully we left the extra material on the inside as one thigh was slightly larger than the other. so one thigh uses the original cut lines and the other is increased by 20mm. but this has given really good fitment and placement.

c4mr16h.jpg

yrEW7Du.jpg

Edited by Chopper857

so one set of cleaned up thighs now roughing out the knee caps and covers for attachment to the thighs. need to pick up some 1 inch white elastic as well :angry: that was forgot on the shopping trip 

wuAyDAl.jpg

ny5l0Mm.jpg

Edited by Chopper857

As i am waiting on the elastic and some snaps rough trimmed the shins, have asked the question can i flush through the returns at the base just awaiting feedback but will probably go with 5mm at the top and minimal at the base for now. again did a quick taped up test fit to see how things were for positioning and coverage  

YopCOpR.jpg

cVFG4ZG.jpg

checked with butt plate 

F3NRCBv.jpg

Edited by Chopper857
picture links

Things have progressed on the shins this weekend, as i said have laid out for a 5 mm return on the top and 3 mm around the base, you can probably just see the pencil lines..

Kc3QI3B.jpg

once that was done it was much easier align the two halves together, checking alignment pic below

37HqYHT.jpg

from their it was the standard process of lightly sand all contact areas for the E6000 and glue piece by piece ensuring good contact with clamps, magnets and some tape 

HW7rmCp.jpg

LmfP3G1.jpg

EjCf8Yo.jpg

Edited by Chopper857
re linking pics

Have decided to completely finish the shins prior to fitting the knee caps to the thighs so we can check positioning first to again ensure good placement (now have the right elastic as well) will finish the shins with 12mm velcro strips for closure system..

whilst all that glue is going off, we rough trimmed the abdomen, chest, kidney and back have mainly stuck to the mold lines first.

MwWOfJG.jpg

then got creative with the masking tape to see how things stand 

9jl387G.jpg

DwHlbft.jpg

from this first test fit i now know i can reduce the return on the lower abdomen to again around 8mm ?? this should than allow the abdomen plate to come in more and the raised bar on the plate should come in more and look more vertical in appearance.

again this is all being done in many stages to hopefully avoid the need for any spares 

Edited by Chopper857
re linking pics

• 2 weeks later...

Both shins now glued together and a 12mm white velcor strip added at the rear as a closure system 

vyuM1fx.jpg

have know done another test fit of the thighs and shins (boots need to be modified to be crl compliant)

ukfYZSp.jpg

I8xPPrJ.jpg

Edited by Chopper857
re linking pic

I have roughed out the knees and cover bolsters, will be looking to use a snap fitting within the knee cap itself and bond the elastic strap to the inside of the thigh

8uA1I9Q.jpg

Right first go at placement and alignment of knee caps and cover bolsters ( all in postion with tape)

LABH5i4.jpg

lYdi8QP.jpg

Seems ok but feel the need to check a few more images to make sure I have a consistent positioning on both legs  :|

Edited by Chopper857
re linking pics
  • Like 1