My Experience with TK Armour UK, And why you should definitely not buy from them.

Hi guys, im a new member on here, whipped up an account for the purpose of this, was hoping i would be getting into Trooping but apparently not..

I had been reading a lot on here before i made my purchase of my first set of armour, where to get it from, the most recommended places, id seen 'TK Armour UK' come up quite a bit in discussion but i decided that id pay no heed to that, i was willing to give this site a chance, i was, to put it blunt, pretty stupid.

It started back in November when myself and my friend saw they they had a Buy one get one free deal on, and since we both wanted armour, why not? 

After waiting a while for my confirmation email, i messaged the guy to make sure it had gone through, we wanted it for a specific date, i chatted with the guy and he seemed alright, was told that he was waiting on white kits and that they would be shipped within a week, 30th of november rolled around and we were sent a tracking number, it didnt work, i kept checking, nothing, next week rolled round, nothing, no word from the seller and no package.

Turns out he was somewhere else in the world.

skip a few months, and it get to February 2018, weve missed the date that we needed them by, and have been fobbed off multiple times with promises of it being shipped, at this point we just put in a Request for a refund form pay pal, but the next day they miraculously got shipped and arrived a day later.

What we got was a full set of Black armour, which admittedly, wasnt that bad for the price, the white armour on the other hand, was a bunch of what looked like second hand casts that had random Holes in it, where it had looked like somebody had just poked a hole through it for no reason, the back plate was about 2x the size of the black suits back plate, the cuts were uneven, plastic felt flimsy and it was warped to Sh**, there were parts missing, only one set of Detonator parts were sent, my black suit was scratched to high heaven and it was just disappointing.

On top of this we were promised new 'improved' casts, but everything we got looked like second hand tat.

Im just disappointed we didn't take photos before we sent it back.

After waiting a while for a response we finally got a pretty rude one, and arranged to send it back, A few days later we got a notification it had been received, but still no refund.

A few days ago we finally got our refund, it was over.. nope, we have been refunded about 80% of what we paid, since the guy deals in dollars, which is odd since Tk UK seems like a UK based company, so far we haven't had anything back about this, multiple messages have been sent but i just assume he's out of the country again.

I didn't expect anything astonishing for the amount i paid, and i should have listened to you guys on here, but what i got was tat, just save your money and buy from one of the recommended sellers, its not worth the hassle or the frustration.

Hopefully this will actually catch your eye TK UK, because id like the rest of my money back.

I hope this hasn't turned you off from the hobby. This hobby is an expensive one. And as the old adage says, you get what you pay for. Just save for a bit and grab a set from one of the vetted makers here.

Good Luck Future Trooper!:duim:

• Like 1

Yeah that sucks to hear Tom. I hope that you can take whatever refund you get and put it towards a nice set of armor. This really is a great hobby if you are happy with the products you receive. TKUK certainly reels people in with the B1G1 deal and it’s unfortunate that people aren’t happy. Well good luck with your next purchase and if you need any advice just let us know. 

• Like 1

Sorry you got bitten, sounds like exactly what we were worried about.

16 hours ago, Kyne123 said:

which is odd since Tk UK seems like a UK based company, so far we haven't had anything back about this, multiple messages have been sent but i just assume he's out of the country again.

As far as I can work out the only thing UK about this company is an address in Cornwall, which is just an accountancy firm so would be a registered business address.  Not uncommon for people who work from home. 

Everything else doesn't seem to add up. As you say $ for the transactions, all the photos on the site are clearly from Asia etc.

You haven't actually said where you are, I am guessing the UK?  If so we have a lot of very good options if you wanted a second go.  If so either post here or pm me and I can walk you through them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, themaninthesuitcase said:

Sorry you got bitten, sounds like exactly what we were worried about.

As far as I can work out the only thing UK about this company is an address in Cornwall, which is just an accountancy firm so would be a registered business address.  Not uncommon for people who work from home. 

Everything else doesn't seem to add up. As you say $ for the transactions, all the photos on the site are clearly from Asia etc.

You haven't actually said where you are, I am guessing the UK?  If so we have a lot of very good options if you wanted a second go.  If so either post here or pm me and I can walk you through them.

Hey, sorry i didn't explain this as well as i could have - Paid through Pay Pal, got refunded at a lower exchange rate than i paid even though the User agreement for papal states that it should be refunded at the Same exchange rate as the time of purchase but the seller just seems to be uncooperative, and yeah, im UK based.

As for Asia, i know that he mentioned alot that he kept travelling out there for conventions and such.

12 hours ago, magni said:

I hope this hasn't turned you off from the hobby. This hobby is an expensive one. And as the old adage says, you get what you pay for. Just save for a bit and grab a set from one of the vetted makers here.

Good Luck Future Trooper!:duim:

Thanks man, im going to give it a break for a while, but ill definitely be back to check out the Vetted sites once ive got this mess sorted out. :)

• Like 1

Once you're ready to give it a 2nd go let us know and we can help you select a decent armour.  We have some great options here in the UK at an assortment of budgets so there will be something that will work for you.

• Like 1

Really sorry to hear of your experience, Tom. As the others have said, try not to let that sour your Stormtrooper ambitions and excitement. As Chris said, we have an unbelievable selection of armour makers here in the UK and would be happy to help you on your way to a top notch suit, hand-in-hand with some excellent customer service. 

Best wishes, 

Dan :duim:

Edited by CableGuy
  • Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 5:25 AM, Kyne123 said:

Thanks man, im going to give it a break for a while, but ill definitely be back to check out the Vetted sites once ive got this mess sorted out. :)

I would suggest checking out the UKG in the meantime! Handlers are almost always helpful at troops and you'll start to make some contacts who could help you out when you finally get to building!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Ok everybody. I would like to set the record correct here.

Tom arranged with his friend to order a pair of armour kits from TKUK through a 3rd person. That 3rd person was Ryan. So I had an order from Ryan and Ryan only. I had a few messages from Tom and another guy for the next few days asking if I had received their order, now I have to go through my list to check and there was no order from Tom or his Friend. It turned out it was an order from Ryan that had ordered for the 2 of them. OK confusion over with as It was Ryan I spoke to from then onwards.

Now they had ordered through Ryan on or about the 23rd of November 2017. At this stage I was clearing out the last of my 2017 model armour kits for which I had sold 550 of them. The last 50 have been donated to another cause.

I had packed the last of the 2017 armour kits and booked them with the courier but did not seal up the boxes as there was a part missing that I was waiting for. Unfortunately as I work all over the world I have to go away and leave things to others to finish up for me sometimes. The parts didnt arrive that I was waiting for so I informed Ryan of this. As Ryan said the guys that bought it had a deadline then I offered to send a fully assembled armour kit free of charge immediately as I hold these in stock. So he agreed to the assembled set then turned around and said they dont want the assembled set.

So then I offered a 100% refund or an upgrade to the 2018 armour kit for free as the price has gone up 15%. This was debated between Ryan and the 2 guys that ordered the armour through him. Eventually they agreed to take the old Black armour and the white 2018 armour, this was delivered end of January 2018. (I sent out 250 armour kits in January alone).

The armour kits had arrived and Ryan said they were happy with the older model black armour but not happy with the new 2018 white armour as they said the back part was not straight and was not passable. I explained that the white armour was quite different to the black armour they had as I have changed many of the moulds. The also complained that the sandtrooper parts were not included in the box which was clearly a misunderstanding of my options that are available with the 2018 armour kits.

I was asked for a refund so I told Ryan to return it as they had already opened a Paypal case against me for not receiving it. When I received the box and had checked it I issued the refund through Paypal.

TKUK trades in all countries and delivers to all countries so to make it easy for people we quote and charge in the reserve currency, the US$. Ryan had purchased an item for $739 US Dollars but he is located in England therefor GBP was taken from his account. I refunded him 100% of the money he paid. That due to currency change made him get less in GBP than he paid. TKUK is a Limited company and needs to have accounts for every penny of expenditure and documentary evidence of it. I needed to consult my accountant as to how I can issue extra funds to compensate the 64 GBP that Ryan had lost in the currency change. I looked at the Facebook pages of the 2 friends of Ryan and they planned to do Zombie troopers with the armour kits, so easy for me I offered him 2 less than perfect armour kits for free so they can make the Zombie troopers out of them. They declined so I paid to Ryan a 64 GBP goodwill payment in cash instead.

So to summarise, yes I was having too many orders going through for me to handle at that time as I was in different continents each week getting armour kits to guys around the world.

And No nobody was ripped off or got less than what they paid for. This is true now and always. I never have ripped off anyone!

I think as there was TKUK, then to Ryan, then to Tom and his mate some of my generous offers of compensation or so of the details may have been missed.

I have a Facebook group that has 550 buyers in from my 2017 armour and over 150 from my 2018 armour kits. Im sure if you want fact then you can find it from one of those buyers with 1st hand experience

• Like 1

• 7 months later...