Jenny's First Build - TK ANH Stunt (AP kit)

JenEcho

You may also look for an "All in one" type suspender system. this is where the shoulder straps are adjustable, but the belt is connected to the suspenders, your not clipping something on to the belt and hoping it says in place. then just make straps with loops in them, and slide them on the belt, the belt should "click" together in the front to keep the whole thing secure. I am thinking I will use the suspenders and clip them to the back of the belt, and the top of the abs, that way it will keep my belt up, and the abs in place, all in one. I will anticipate some issue though and try and plan for that. we shall see. I will hope to do tons of trail and error prior to my first troop (once approved). I am super excited though as I have just submitted my photos for Tie Reserve and will be able to relax about being approved while I work on my TK. but the submission was just made so I expect to be a while. But funny enough once I submitted my photos, it boosted me to want to get the TK done.

Great idea I’ll have to look into that. And I’m sure once your TK is done it’ll boost you to start something else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Frank75139 said:

Great idea I’ll have to look into that. And I’m sure once your TK is done it’ll boost you to start something else.

lol, I have a Clone Commander waiting for me, its kind of started, but a little daunting. I will tell you the difference in armor is crazy, My AM armor came in pre trimmed for the most part and im in love with it. Extremely sturdy and looks like it can take a beating. I have watched several build videos and some of that armor looks so flimsy, im not sure how it survives a troop. But things are moving fast now, and hope to be a true 501st member soon.

5 hours ago, Commander Gree said:

some of that armor looks so flimsy, im not sure how it survives a troop.

As it flexes it holds up very well...to a point of course ;)

Sorry for the hijack Jenny - I`ll move along:salute:

19 minutes ago, TheSwede said:

As it flexes it holds up very well...to a point of course ;)

Sorry for the hijack Jenny - I`ll move along:salute:

I wasn't really talking about her armor, but some armor that I have seen in videos, as referenced in my other post...

4 minutes ago, Frank75139 said:

Get used to it my build thread has about 3 pages of hijack. But I learned a lot

3? lol

Another question - my sexy white boots are already starting to be rather dramatically scuffed/chewed into by the bottom of my shins. (I'll take a pic when I'm home tonight). Everything is sanded smooth at that bottom edge so I'm not sure what my options are to save the leather.

I have stirrups velcroed to the front of the shins to keep them from riding up and rotating. 

Maybe your stirrups are keeping the shins held too snug to the boots?  Just a thought, but maybe give the shins a bit more breathing room by attaching the shins to the stirrups a bit further away from the boots.

2 hours ago, JenEcho said:

Another question - my sexy white boots are already starting to be rather dramatically scuffed/chewed into by the bottom of my shins. (I'll take a pic when I'm home tonight). Everything is sanded smooth at that bottom edge so I'm not sure what my options are to save the leather.

I have stirrups velcroed to the front of the shins to keep them from riding up and rotating. 

You could round off the lower edge and eliminate any chaffing, other than that welcome to the real trooping world ;) 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, ukswrath said:

You could round off the lower edge and eliminate any chaffing, other than that welcome to the real trooping world ;) 

But I want it all to stay new and shiny!!! :blink:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JenEcho said:

But I want it all to stay new and shiny!!! :blink:

Hahaha! you have a mannequin? put it there and that's how it will stay. You don't want Vader to look at you funny for being a "Shinny"  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Commander Gree said:

Hahaha! you have a mannequin? put it there and that's how it will stay. You don't want Vader to look at you funny for being a "Shinny"  

RIGHT!? lol