Armor re-sizing question

Having received pictures for my RS kit, it looks like the thighs might be a bit on the short side. I'll know for sure when I get the kit next Saturday, but for now, I'm wondering if there's any way to elongate the thigh armor without damaging or warping them. Thanks!

Edited by WodiQuix

Is this a commision build, Ian?  If so, RS is usually spot-on with their fitting.  I have seen a few occasions where pieces didn't fit correctly, but RS has stepped up to the plate and replaced them.  If you could post up some of those photos showing your concerns that would help a lot.

Hiya.
Are you particularly tall, Ian? As the RS armour is cast straight from screen used armour, there is usually little need to increase the length of a piece, just the width around the relevant body part. As Joseph said, if you have any pics that’d be super. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From the pictures (from the angles) they look a little short to me for being untrimmed. How do they fit on you just trying them now? If they work then go with them. On some commission I've done I've had to cut almost 3 inches off of the thigh sections to fit correctly so I wouldn't be worried without fitting them to you yet.

• Like 1

Looking at that picture, I think the angle of the photo might be deceiving. Based on the width of the floor tiles below the shins and those above the thighs, it looks like the photo is at quite an angle. 

RS kits are usually a thing of screen accurate goodness, so, I’m guessing it’ll look spot on when it arrives. :jc_doublethumbup:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, CableGuy said:

Looking at that picture, I think the angle of the photo might be deceiving. Based on the width of the floor tiles below the shins and those above the thighs, it looks like the photo is at quite an angle. 

RS kits are usually a thing of screen accurate goodness, so, I’m guessing it’ll look spot on when it arrives. :jc_doublethumbup:

I think you are spot on, Dan, and good eye on catching that angle! 

The pieces have not been trimmed at all, so you should be good to go, Ian.  At 5'9" you will probably end up needing to trim some of the length off, so don't worry about losing the return edge, (leaving that on can chafe your, uh, "cod" area anyway).  And yes, it is screen accurate.  Below is a pic of a set of screen used thighs showing this.  Just follow the existing curve at the top which is a bit different on each thigh

5NHq1HI.jpg?3

• Like 1