FodiChan's 5'6 Female ATA Works Centurion(hopefully?) Build

Today is my BBB day, and I had a great time taking out each piece and observing each one. My 2 year old was excited too, she loves stormtroopers and kept asking "Where'd Darth Vader go?"

Definitely overwhelmed right now but most of those feelings are probably frustration at my computer as my hard drive appears to have died.f16b033156888a20b5611cf837aa4bfb.jpg62ad254b41cf2d8d952cb92075365a9f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Glad to see it finally came. We all get the mixed emotions and OCD. That is a good sign. If you feel overwhelmed, start with something small. I started with the TD/CO canister. Some start with the bucket. Others start at the bottom and work up. However you start just take your time and build it as if you are going staight for centurion. It makes it easier to go from basic to centurion if you started with that level of care and detail.

Great news, nothing better than a BBB, do your research and you can't go wrong, measure twice and cut one, good luck with the build :D

Thanks so much! This is super helpful. I've been browsing YouTube for tutorials and I'll watch as many as I can handle!

Welcome Nicole, and congrats on your kit!  It can feel a little overwhelming at first, looking at all those pieces!  But building a TK is just like eating an elephant- take it one bite at a time.  (Not that I eat elephants with regularity...)  :)

• Like 1

Been trimming like crazy the past couple of days. Got all major trimming done, next step is to start sizing the forearms. Need to find an undershirt that fits, had no luck shopping today.

My cat thinks I should use "bite and chew" instead of score and snap...c23e482a5a6ba4b56111e8626fc864c8.jpg

• Like 3

I cut a 5/8" cover strip as suggested, and cut each raised edge of the forearms down to 5/16" after test fitting. The forearm is a tad large but I think with gloves and a bit of padding it will suit me well enough. I will probably cut a little more of the inner elbow just so that I get less bite when I bend my arms. Other than that, it's time to do some sanding.

I plan on making sure the biceps and shoulder bells fit as needed before I start gluing anything. 54984281ec6cb95bd334978e07676a68.jpg51542b89087ef3b9642808947d9f8068.jpg0c952eaba4313c478dc48838c1a74962.jpg

I find that my ATA forearm are a bit big too...not so big that I need to put foam in there, but they look proportional with the rest of my kit, so I kept them the "default" size,

Making progress!

I find that my ATA forearm are a bit big too...not so big that I need to put foam in there, but they look proportional with the rest of my kit, so I kept them the "default" size,

Making progress!
Heh...I figure if I can get them to the smallest "default" and have it work for me, there is less of a chance that I will make a fatal error!

• Like 1

I wasn't feeling so hot yesterday but still managed to get lots of sanding done on the forearms, biceps and shoulder bells. I also started gluing the left forearm yesterday and left bicep today. It took quite a bit of wrestling to get the forearm to cooperate! d0172c27f2859fa2937000a3bddd529d.jpg

• Like 1