I need some help to become Centurion!

AthenaIII

I'm working on my commander to get centurion status, I have EIB! 

There are a few point I some help with! I have looked around on the forum, but a lot of pictures are gone....

- Forearms: No return edge on the inside of the front of the forearm is allowed.

So I have to cut it all away? The forearms are really big for my arm, I have foam in it so that it stays on. Is it a problem that you then see the foam? (it is black). (I need to resizes the length of the forearm, so it is a plus point, but I don't want it to look weird....)

-Kidney & Posterior Armor: Two rivets shall be present on each side of the kidney plate, approximately 4mm from the inside edge of the U shaped gasket or molded lip that is adjacent to the ab plate. There will be one rivet near the top and one near the bottom on each side. They may be painted white, or not.

What is the head size of these rivets? Is it 4 mm from the top and 4 mm from the side? Are Chicago screws allowed? 

-Belt:  The belt proper shall have (eight total) white rivets. Two rivets close to each side of the thermal detonator, and two rivets approximately an inch away from the edge of the ammo belt (The rivets form a rectangular pattern).

Again are Chicago screws allowed? What is the head size of the rivets? Sizes of the rectangle pattern doesn't matter?

-Thigh Armor: The thigh ammo belt shall be connected by brads/split rivets only - standard rivets are not acceptable.

Again are Chicago screws allowed? What is the head size of the rivets?

-Helmet: Ear bars shall have only one or two bumps painted in black (rank stripes).

Almost all of the pictures on the forum that has been shared are gone, which one do I have to paint?

I have a coverstrip at the back of my thighs, I have to replace that with a overlap. I want to make a file of this overlap and 3D print it at school. I'm not really good with that so if anyone has the overlap in a 3D file and want to share it, I would be so happy!!!! Also I need to upgrade my battle damage ;).

Any help is welcome :D

I have been looking around but couldn't find it. Are there any Centurion Commanders?

16 minutes ago, AthenaIII said:

I'm working on my commander to get centurion status, I have EIB! 

There are a few point I some help with! I have looked around on the forum, but a lot of pictures are gone....

- Forearms: No return edge on the inside of the front of the forearm is allowed.

So I have to cut it all away? The forearms are really big for my arm, I have foam in it so that it stays on. Is it a problem that you then see the foam? (it is black). (I need to resizes the length of the forearm, so it is a plus point, but I don't want it to look weird....)  Photo 1  Notice complete interior of "bump" is removed.

-Kidney & Posterior Armor: Two rivets shall be present on each side of the kidney plate, approximately 4mm from the inside edge of the U shaped gasket or molded lip that is adjacent to the ab plate. There will be one rivet near the top and one near the bottom on each side. They may be painted white, or not.

What is the head size of these rivets? Is it 4 mm from the top and 4 mm from the side? Are Chicago screws allowed?  These are probably 5/16ths (8mm) bifurcated (split) rivets.  Photo 2

-Belt:  The belt proper shall have (eight total) white rivets. Two rivets close to each side of the thermal detonator, and two rivets approximately an inch away from the edge of the ammo belt (The rivets form a rectangular pattern).

Again are Chicago screws allowed? What is the head size of the rivets? See above.  Sizes of the rectangle pattern doesn't matter?

-Thigh Armor: The thigh ammo belt shall be connected by brads/split rivets only - standard rivets are not acceptable.  By standard I believe they mean "pop" rivets.

Again are Chicago screws allowed? What is the head size of the rivets?

-Helmet: Ear bars shall have only one or two bumps painted in black (rank stripes).  Usually the one (or two in the back). 

Almost all of the pictures on the forum that has been shared are gone, which one do I have to paint?  Usually the 2 toward the back

I have a coverstrip at the back of my thighs, I have to replace that with a overlap. I want to make a file of this overlap and 3D print it at school. I'm not really good with that so if anyone has the overlap in a 3D file and want to share it, I would be so happy!!!! Also I need to upgrade my battle damage ;).

Any help is welcome :D

I have been looking around but couldn't find it. Are there any Centurion Commanders?

Not sure about Commander specs, as the details are not shown in the CRLs.  BUT... I will try, based on level 3 Stunt requirements just until you can get some clarification.  Answers are in red above.  Again, please don't purchase any supplies until you get the go-ahead from someone like Tony or Andrew. 

p32DRDc.jpg?1           Gh8QUyG.jpg?3

22 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

Not sure about Commander specs, as the details are not shown in the CRLs.  BUT... I will try, based on level 3 Stunt requirements just until you can get some clarification.  Answers are in red above.  Again, please don't purchase any supplies until you get the go-ahead from someone like Tony or Andrew. 

p32DRDc.jpg?1           Gh8QUyG.jpg?3

Wow! Thank you for the picture and the help!!!!

I will ask Tony or Andrew for what to do best ;)

5 minutes ago, AthenaIII said:

Wow! Thank you for the picture and the help!!!!

I will ask Tony or Andrew for what to do best ;)

My pleasure, Daphne, just wish I could have been more help.  When you do find out the correct answers and get things sorted, I would suggest starting a thread in the Stormtrooper Commander's forum with lots of detailed photos.  This will help those on the same path!

I'm building a Commander myself and I used 8mm double cap rivets for all required. 

For the Kidney I came in 4mm to the edge of rivet. My armor has the curve on top so I eyed it so rivet looked even and centered for top one and bottom one rides 4mm in and up above belt.

The ear bars are up to you.

Images have been saved by our great friends here on FISD! 

Glad to see you going for Centurion! I don't recall finding one in my search. You may be a first. I'm building to Centurion as much as I can with lack of overlap being only setback.

Best of Luck Daphne!:duim:

9 hours ago, magni said:

I'm building a Commander myself and I used 8mm double cap rivets for all required. 

For the Kidney I came in 4mm to the edge of rivet. My armor has the curve on top so I eyed it so rivet looked even and centered for top one and bottom one rides 4mm in and up above belt.

The ear bars are up to you.

Images have been saved by our great friends here on FISD! 

Glad to see you going for Centurion! I don't recall finding one in my search. You may be a first. I'm building to Centurion as much as I can with lack of overlap being only setback.

Best of Luck Daphne!:duim:

Hello Randy!

Awesome that you are building a Commander! I really love it! Do you have some pictures? Love to see your commander :D.

The plan is to re-do the strapping on the inside, make it better. I have to order some black elastic and buttons :P

I'm really excited to start on this project, hopefully it will suit better for me!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

So a little update! I will add the pictures later.

I removed removed the return edge at the front of the forearms;

I painted one bump on the ears;

The belt proper has now eight Chicago screws on each side and painted them white. I used the ANH measurment;

A friend of mine is working on the overlap.

I want to change the strapping in my armor. I bought some elastic but dont know if it is durable... I have to check that.

The project is on a little hold right now. I have my intership on a construction site, so I'm wacked every day ;) and I have to work on the Saterday.

I have only a question. I have a shime between my torso and the back. I want to replace it but does it look better if the shime is in the background or on the same level as the rest. It's now on the background. I don't know if it looks better if it is equal with the torso and the back because of the u shaped gasket. What do you think?

@magniThat looks amazing! Love your battle damage :D (you need to paint your drop box ;))

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to hear you're still on track!

Note: drop boxes are no longer painted grey. They should be white. 

Good Luck and looking foward to some pictures!