My TK BUILD

TK 71627

QUESTION # 1
Why are my sides NOT LINING UP ??? (I have a TK-WTF )
I believe I have the eyes aligned properly....the right side is giving me problems, whereas the left is PERFECT (I think)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
66be96824f6ecf51f963ad4d291d13ed.jpg4dd8d0d12400ba9142696968c22fc174.jpg

Does it EVEN matter since :
*The screws will help adjust/align it ....
**the EARs will cover it up ???

• Like 1

You can trim off quite a bit from the bottom. Lots to remove from the face plate. Just stop where the vocoder details and tube bubbles start. For the back/cap, you can remove some at the bottom in your photos.

My back/cap and face didn't align perfectly and I ende dup using an extra screw to bring them closer together to get the ear to fit better. It only matters if you can't get the ear on there properly.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I think if you put it in hot water you might be able to get the oval out a bit. As for the scratches. I’m assuming that’s a seam? Your cover strip will cover some of it. Other than that try some novice polish. It might help a little but honestly it looks deep and I have scratches like that on my biceps and it wasn’t a complete fix.

• Like 2

I think if you put it in hot water you might be able to get the oval out a bit. As for the scratches. I’m assuming that’s a seam? Your cover strip will cover some of it. Other than that try some novice polish. It might help a little but honestly it looks deep and I have scratches like that on my biceps and it wasn’t a complete fix.

the sharp return edge on my BICEP2b61c71492135317375f1b8fb3e9783b.jpg

Oh ok I see it now. When you cover strip it you could probably cut it down a bit to make it not as pronounced.

Is it ok ? To cut part of the return edge ?

If that’s the top of your bicep just cut that mismatched edge and it’s return off altogether. It’s not going to show anyway since your shoulder is going to cover it up.

• Like 1

If that’s the top of your bicep just cut that mismatched edge and it’s return off altogether. It’s not going to show anyway since your shoulder is going to cover it up.

Ok...

On 2/14/2018 at 12:26 AM, Madness990 said:

e7de079649772432307a4e75ffd328fc.jpg

Blk Paint...

Flex seal...

Plastic Dip...

Velcro...

Or other???

What do u all recommend.... I REALLY like to have the inside dark....

I sanded the inside and did the spray can of plasti dip.  I will be going back over it all with cheesecloth and a brush to pain the inside with additional plasti dip to give the helmet more bulk in some of the thinner parts.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
What have you been up to on your build.  Very interested in seeing how you build yours!

I’m getting back to building.... I have a busy schedule at work...
right now I’m gonna make my canvas belt...

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
As others already mentioned, scrab ABS/Hands/Get a ladies nail  to start peeling, and the excess should come right off no problem.

Ty

• 3 weeks later...

This is how I trimmed all return edges. But do not take these measurements as must-have for approval. It's just note taken from my friend who helped me to build my armour (I have same return edges like him).

All return edges average 1/4 inch(6 mm) but can be up to but not much more than 3/8 inch (9 ish mm)
Chest: bottom edge against ab. Sides but taper down as you get closer to shoulders. Minimal to none around neck. 
Back: bottom against kidney. Sides but taper down as you get closer to shoulders. Minimal around neck.
Kidney: top, bottom and slight in kidney notch. None on sides.
Butt: all sides
Ab: top under chest, lesser return edge around cod area. None on sides
Shoulders: none on edge against chest. Return edge against arm.
Biceps: minimal to none. Some leave return edge some remove it all together. 
Forearms: none at wrist opening even up into the square indent ridge. Minimal to none at elbow side. Your choice
Thighs: return edge on tops and bottom.
Shins: return edge on top. None against boots.

• Like 1

Except for specific areas return edge is not a requirement, nor is it canon. There are plenty of areas on the movie suits where there was no or very little return edge. It all comes down to preference and/or how the armor fits your body. If you have a thin body and still have good mobility without excessive chafing then leave the return edge on, if not remove it as needed.  Other info, canon connecting brackets require a return edge to mount to, snaps do not.  When in doubt ask 

• Like 1