My TK BUILD

TK 71627

d9d1e7b61ca1ea618f2eb06b99be74c2.jpg

First, When I had washed bells and chest with dish soap and water I dried the thoroughly.

Used 8 oz of Peroxide 40
Heaping tbs of xantham gum
1/4 tsp Oxy clean
1/2 tsp of glycerin

Pour peroxide and Xanthan gum and mixed consistently for about 2 mins. using a whisk. This turned into a paste. Let it set for a min for hydration.
I added the glycerin mixed again for 2min.
When I finished getting my stuff organized, I whisked in the Oxy-clean and mixed for about 90 secs.546a20bbfa0b4bcc629fe115b702fecb.jpg

• 1 month later...

I left outside for 10 hours.....45897157a7a0eff3cff27c7edddda962.jpg&key=e8c75ebb75a913334444f5d5d28ca3590c33241f49484722f58a554f4b43dd86

Only to find out it was a COMPLETE FAILURE....

The RETROBRIGHT TREATMENT DID NOT WORK !!!

It LOOKED EXACTLY AS IT DID BEFORE

(I was so let down, I didn’t even take a pix of it).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not heard of that myself, I’m afraid. However, peroxide on armour sounds like a bit of a gamble.

Personally, I’d either consider new parts that match better of consider respraying the whole kit. :-(

I took your advice & of others as well....
I decided to paint my armor ALL the same color...

I ended up sanding all my armor with 250 gr sandpaper at 1st...
Primered with RUSTOLEUM WHITE PRIMER. I did two coats and wet sanded with 600 gr sandpaper, finished all parts and rinsed them & allowed to dry overnight.
I did one section at a time to see if I liked the results....fec834b4beeca81b909170e65d013a93.jpgc72315142c96149c5e23118f14e331d6.jpg

I used the 2x RUSTOLEUM gloss white TWO COATS on top of the white primer...bc240a7027a354a6af36401cac06fa89.jpg
As I continued on a slow yet accurate schedule....It gave me time to spend with my armor, example: i removed the abd buttons and repainted them and came out BETTER. same went with the belt, Bridges Ect....
ALL THREE SECTIONS !!!

• Like 1

Your armor looks kick @$&!!!

It does Now !!! I just did NOT want to make it a big affair....once I knew that it was impossible.... I WENT ALL OUT... no corners cut and took my time...

My BBB is supposed to be here today:dancing-trooper:

I remember u saying that....
Take lots of pix and post them on ur build thread....
Get your lexans out and start small so you can gain confidence.... start on the belt is my suggestion...
Keep us posted.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Back at this build AGAIN…. I want inspiration on the inside of your buckets !!! I recently purchased the ICOMM from UKSWRATH…. I wanna see how you all wired your bucket , please.

I never saw your build before today and am LOVING that latest update with the white paint. Seriously impressive and a gorgeous set of armor.

As for bucket build, I recently re-worked mine and posted in my thread. I think this is the right link. I didn't wanna yuck up your thread with pix of my own stuff.  Check the pic then my description should make sense.

Basically, my whole bucket is lined with velcro. The top side has fuzzy and the rest has hook. No pad on the top. The fuzzy is all my head needs for padding. I used to have a pad on either side in the upper head area. My ICOMM and amp sat on either side of the head near my ears. I use one of those cylinder USB packs and it sat in the very back of the bucket behind the UKSwrath plastic fan holder thing.  This configuration worked and everything fit, but the weight was low and that battery at the back slowly tugged my helmet back and obscured vision.

So I removed everything and relocated the ICOMM and amp to the top in place of the padding. I gave the outside some fuzzy velcro as padding and was amazed that the helmet actually fit better and more securely. My head touches both boxes and the forehead padding and matching back padding (can't really be seen) keeps things comfy. The weight is now all up high which makes the helmet feel lighter as it isn't dangling around my ears anymore.

The USB pack got relocated to behind the vocoder. It isn't totally hidden like before with the back mounting, but it balances the helmet much more nicely. It's much easier to swap out and charge. And it keeps a bit of forward pressure on the helmet so the eyes aren't migrating up my forehead.

Wiring: 2 wires from the ICOMM run straight down and around the back. Then they go up to the am in the same path. The USB pack has a plug right there at the side basically behind the speaker tip. All the loose wire hides behind that fan mounting plastic. 

Does that help at all?

• Like 1

I never saw your build before today and am LOVING that latest update with the white paint. Seriously impressive and a gorgeous set of armor.

As for bucket build, I recently re-worked mine and posted in my thread. I think this is the right link. I didn't wanna yuck up your thread with pix of my own stuff.  Check the pic then my description should make sense.

Basically, my whole bucket is lined with velcro. The top side has fuzzy and the rest has hook. No pad on the top. The fuzzy is all my head needs for padding. I used to have a pad on either side in the upper head area. My ICOMM and amp sat on either side of the head near my ears. I use one of those cylinder USB packs and it sat in the very back of the bucket behind the UKSwrath plastic fan holder thing.  This configuration worked and everything fit, but the weight was low and that battery at the back slowly tugged my helmet back and obscured vision.

So I removed everything and relocated the ICOMM and amp to the top in place of the padding. I gave the outside some fuzzy velcro as padding and was amazed that the helmet actually fit better and more securely. My head touches both boxes and the forehead padding and matching back padding (can't really be seen) keeps things comfy. The weight is now all up high which makes the helmet feel lighter as it isn't dangling around my ears anymore.

The USB pack got relocated to behind the vocoder. It isn't totally hidden like before with the back mounting, but it balances the helmet much more nicely. It's much easier to swap out and charge. And it keeps a bit of forward pressure on the helmet so the eyes aren't migrating up my forehead.

Wiring: 2 wires from the ICOMM run straight down and around the back. Then they go up to the am in the same path. The USB pack has a plug right there at the side basically behind the speaker tip. All the loose wire hides behind that fan mounting plastic. 

Does that help at all?

Omg …. Yes it … it really does….. ty so much .

• Like 1