My TK BUILD

TK 71627

• 1 month later...

I was SO PROUD when I got my CENTURION BADGE..... but i still find Im PERFECTING my Level 3 armor .... ( even my bin NEEDED PERFECTION !!! ) since DAY ONE I hated by bells and chest piece ... I always felt they were TO SMALL ....
bf3aa815423d43478e6894e9eb3fe756.jpg
Then like a month ago WALT @ WTF comes out making LARGER BELLS & LARGER CHEST .... well I FINALLY made the plunge and ordered BOTH OF THEM...
c8b8b8e95d00dc291cd797bd102a339e.jpg
I feel this is a MAJOR UPGRADE to my OVERALL LOOK !!!
Ps. I could have ordered bigger bells/chest piece from other makers but i felt it would have DISTORTED my overall look !
Well I’m glad I didn’t invest elsewhere !
Ty Walt it was worth the wait !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I'm still thinking of getting the bigger bells, i would like that gap to be a bit closer on my kit

It’s affordable, I highly encourage it if you want to improve your overall look... contact Walt ....

• 2 months later...

Well, a CENTURION’s work is never done !!!
I made the plunge and invested in my build... here is my larger chest piece and bigger bells ... TY WALT !!!
6b1492b47243ff8b32e0a166fe1e171b.jpg
01466ca5898d61308600ce4ffd7543b3.jpg
Bells
04cbad719fa0ea3927accbb6384a1dbe.jpg
6a6dfbc6a2cb2bcbcf7c2ca942c0385d.jpg

• 2 months later...

..... EXCEPT .... two different colors !!!
Under house light it isn’t that relavant....
But in natural light , it sticks out like a SORE THUMB .......9c632d06bed847837c84b2ebe2a4ce96.jpg
I messaged Walt and he said all pulls have a different color to them...

I need your EXPERT OPINION on how to match my chest and shoulder bells ...

Hmmm...paint as a last option?  Which was normal on HIPS armor (e.g. TE2) but rare nowadays.  This is always a danger when you mix/match or need to get replacement parts.  I'm unsure why they would have a different color unless he is constantly chasing lowest price from suppliers using reground material.  I know ATA uses only new plastic and has a very specific color he gets from his supplier, though I know not all do this.

• Like 1

Hmmm...paint as a last option?  Which was normal on HIPS armor (e.g. TE2) but rare nowadays.  This is always a danger when you mix/match or need to get replacement parts.  I'm unsure why they would have a different color unless he is constantly chasing lowest price from suppliers using reground material.  I know ATA uses only new plastic and has a very specific color he gets from his supplier, though I know not all do this.

So how do I fix it ?

That's what I'm saying - unless you can get a replacement with a perfect or close match in color, the last resort is to paint the full suit.  TBH I've never seen a kit have mix/match colors - usually they all come out the same.

That's what I'm saying - unless you can get a replacement with a perfect or close match in color, the last resort is to paint the full suit.  TBH I've never seen a kit have mix/match colors - usually they all come out the same.

I received kit in 1/18.....
I received larger chest/bells 8/19....
it’s over 18mos time difference...

I just wanna know how to make it work...

I was told by the armor maker color scheme is not “guaranteed “....

If painting is my LAST OPTION.... what are the PRECURSORS prior to that ?

Hi Jose,

To echo what others said onFB, it looks like your main armour is acrylic capped ABS and the new parts look like standard ABS. You could see if your supplier offers acrylic capped parts in the larger sizes?

• Like 1

Hi Jose,

To echo what others said onFB, it looks like your main armour is acrylic capped ABS and the new parts look like standard ABS. You could see if your supplier offers acrylic capped parts in the larger sizes?

So u think a peroxide mix won’t work ???

So u think a peroxide mix won’t work ???

Not heard of that myself, I’m afraid. However, peroxide on armour sounds like a bit of a gamble.

Personally, I’d either consider new parts that match better of consider respraying the whole kit. :-(

Not heard of that myself, I’m afraid. However, peroxide on armour sounds like a bit of a gamble.

Personally, I’d either consider new parts that match better of consider respraying the whole kit. :-(

Who do u recommend, if the armor maker I buy from WILL NOT GUARANTEE me the same color of white ???

Who do u recommend, if the armor maker I buy from WILL NOT GUARANTEE me the same color of white ???

Could you try asking a supplier for a low cost sample of their current plastic? They could perhaps send you an off cut for a small fee?

1 hour ago, CableGuy said:

People use it to de-yellow sun damaged armour.

The reality is white plastic is not very consistent even from the same supplier, the sun will yellow parts pretty fast too given a chance.  Peroxide is probably a good start point, have a look for retrobrite on youtube for the technique.

People use it to de-yellow sun damaged armour.

The reality is white plastic is not very consistent even from the same supplier, the sun will yellow parts pretty fast too given a chance.  Peroxide is probably a good start point, have a look for retrobrite on youtube for the technique.

I was told to RETROBRITE it 1st...

Retrobrite is hydrogen peroxide, same thing.  Well now it is anyways, people use a peroxide creme.  Before it was hydrogen peroxide and 11 herbs and spices to make it into a creme.

Short story long: get a peroxide creme, paint it on, wrap in cling film to stop it drying out, leave in the sun for a bit to work, wash off.  Repeat if needed.