A little short for a Stormtrooper?

A Final Ending

So I pre-ordered my FOTK kit back in September 2018. It'll be my first build, and I’m really excited, despite all the delays. There's just one issue that's kinda giving me some anxiety; I'm about 5'6" tall, athletic slim build. I’m a little worried about how it’ll look on me when it’s built. Are there any FOTKs out there of similar height and build that have experience with this kit?

Edited by A Final Ending
  • Like 1

Looking forward to your BBB photos, hopefully they will be on time with their shipping, this time ;) 

I have seen a few heightwardly challenged build, it is a difficult costume to size downwards, most of the trouble is if you need to size inwards due to a thin frame. Check out some of the other FOTK builds, lots of knowledge available in those.

Good luck.

• Like 1

Welcome to the home of shiny white armor, Louis!  Glen is spot on with his advice about checking out the other FOTK build threads here.  In addition to doing that, this is what I would recommend:

When you get your kit, start your own build thread.  I say this for several reasons... The first is that you can ask all the questions you need to as well as post photos (the more the better) all in one place, and have them answered by those who have been through that build.  

This will also help those in the future who are going through the same type of scenario. :jc_doublethumbup:

Don't worry, there are a ton of FOTKs here who will  help you figure out how to get it to basic (and higher if you wish) approval.

When checking out those build threads, I would also suggest taking stock of what tools/supplies you will need for the build and getting them in place for when your kit arrives.  This way, you will not be scrambling for anything during construction.

Taking on a FOTK build is daunting, and remember that this will be a marathon, not a sprint.  Take your time, ask questions, and remember the old saying "measure twice, (or 3-4 times), cut once".

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/26/2018 at 9:59 PM, Jonelli said:

I'm 5'8" and NOT thin! I'm 195-200lbs wet.  Here's what I look like:
gP45dEZ.jpgn6wVDKB.jpg

You look awesome dude! Even though you're a bit taller than me, it gives me confidence that I'll be able to pull it off. :) Did you have to do anything in particular to get it to fit you so well? Also, thank you gmrhodes13 and justjoseph63 for the advice!

2 hours ago, A Final Ending said:

You look awesome dude! Even though you're a bit taller than me, it gives me confidence that I'll be able to pull it off. :) Did you have to do anything in particular to get it to fit you so well? Also, thank you gmrhodes13 and justjoseph63 for the advice!

Nothing special really, although I think my belly is about the max you can squeeze into that whole mid section armor.