RS Prop Masters vs. ATA Works kits

Hey everyone! I'm still kind of new here and looking to do a TK stunt from A New Hope. I was originally going to purchase an RS Prop Masters Self Build Kit because I liked the authenticity and look of the armor, but now I'm torn between that and ATA armor, which I've heard is also very good and a little cheaper. I know RS offers with their self-build kits a strapping pack and full TD, and ATA might as well, but I'm not sure, I contacted him earlier today. I emailed RS about purchasing one of their E-11 blasters a while ago, and the woman who responded said that she could throw the blaster in with my self-build kit, which was very nice. Even after all that, I still don't know which armor kit I should go with. Anyways, I wanted an expert opinion before I fork over my cash. Which armor vendor would you recommend between the two? Thank you! 

ATA used to have a ridiculously long queue time (don't know how it is now though), but he's in the US so you'll save on import tax and shipping. But RS is the more accurate kit.

1 hour ago, Locitus said:

ATA used to have a ridiculously long queue time (don't know how it is now though), but he's in the US so you'll save on import tax and shipping. But RS is the more accurate kit.

I just got a reply from him, and he said that the current wait time is 3-4 months, which isn't bad. I also heard that RS has a pretty quick delivery time, too. What kit do you have, it looks pretty awesome!  

I find the ATA is a lot thicker than RS, really depends how rough you want to be with it, if you move around a lot you may end up with cracks forming in the RS, not so much in ATA.

You won't be disappointed with either kit, really comes down to:

Price

Shipping times

Longevity

Accuracy

Weigh those up and you got your maker ;) 

13 hours ago, WodiQuix said:

I just got a reply from him, and he said that the current wait time is 3-4 months, which isn't bad. I also heard that RS has a pretty quick delivery time, too. What kit do you have, it looks pretty awesome!  

My kit came from TM.

• Like 1

I have an ATA helmet and a RS full kit.  

The color of the ATA is more of a bright white.  The RS is more of a screen-accurate off-white color.  (I prefer the off-white, but that's just me!)

The RS kit is quite a bit larger than ATA overall.  So if you have a larger body size, the RS might be a better option for you.  The RS helmet is noticably larger than the ATA lid (I have both).

I received my RS kit within 2 weeks of ordering it.  The customer support from the RS Props team was OUTSTANDING.  Whenever I had problems during my build, Rob got back to me very quickly with help.  They were also very generous in sending out replacement parts quickly when I needed them.  

I received my helmet kit from Terrell within a week or so of ordering.  I had an armor kit on order with him, and was given a 12 month wait.  When my wait approached the 14th month of waiting, I finally gave up and ordered a WTF kit (also a great choice for speed of delivery and customer service!).  If the wait is just 3-4 months now, that's a good thing!  Terrell was always friendly to work with when I had questions.  

FWIW, the ATA and WTF kits are both the same shade of white.

Edited by Cricket
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/8/2018 at 11:04 AM, WodiQuix said:

I was added to the waiting list November 1st, 2017 and I got the email that my kit was the next in line on February 4th. My BBB day was February 15th, so all in all it was 3.5 months from being added to the list to delivery.