FN1313 Anovos FOTK Build Thread

Well the only way to get the Anovos gaskets is to order the kits, the only things they have otherwise are the gunner vest (sold out), the pauldrons (sold out), or the neck seals (shipping now). FWIW.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/12/2018 at 2:14 PM, HellyTK1111 said:

I personally am not going to wait for Anovos, I am going to take the side of better reviews and accurate shipping times and get all of my soft goods from sources other than Anovos. 

Yeah I ended up changing my mind after reading and hearing about the original gaskets. I've got an order for gaskets, neckseal, and harness from Geeky Pinks Phantastic Gaskets.

Just got my F11-D and SE-44C from Heston Solutions on Etsy.

Quick review, For 3D printed material and the price they are fantastic. That being said, there are definitely the expected things with 3D printing such as need to sand down rough edges, not as precise in details, not as screen accurate. I would also venture to say that these blasters aren't the most accurate on Etsy at this time. However price considering they are much more cost effective than the Resin blasters fully finished. This set ran me $150 on sale, where the Resin blasters run $400-$500 I've seen for the F11-D alone.

I'm going to try sanding them down a bit, but suspect down the road i will be upgrading to more screen accurate blasters. I'm hoping I can at least troop with these for the mean time.

Edited by FN-1313

• 2 weeks later...

Just ordered my Boots and gloves from imperialboots.com I also ran across this in another forum I'm going to put here for future reference as well. I think it will be something I do with my helmet liner: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JDQ3P18/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

On 3/8/2018 at 8:54 AM, ukswrath said:

Cool. What happen to all your photos? :blink:

Looks like photobucket wants me to pay money. Any better way to put them on here without paying tons?

Thanks! I'd say for a first time messing with 3D printed designs and getting them more screen accurate it turned out well. I purchased some heavy duty fabric tape off amazon and used it for the grips on the F11-d as well.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07456SBM4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Makes for a nice feel on the grips and should hold pretty strong. The last bits I'm going to do in finishing this will be getting internal electronics to put in place. I'm thinking of building my own LED light electronics that will use a USB battery pack for power. Then I'm getting a few magnets to hold the side boxes in place. This way I can better access the lights should there need be maintenance.

The SE-44c still has the plastic "fake" bolts for the holster. Once I get my holster order in from Dan (see below) I will saw those off and screw the holster hardware in place instead.

We're getting there. Now just the waiting parts.

Last steps of my blasters were the following

1. Holster Screws...done

2. Magnets to hold the boxes on the F-11D...done. https://imgur.com/a/Aayld

3. Electronics for F-11D...cables, LEDs, resistors. Just need solder tools and a usb battery pack that will fit in the blaster then to drilling the space out and putting that together.

Dan’s holster came in and it’s awesome! Going to get it painted and ready for mounting to the armor. Then from here it’s just waiting.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I wasn’t liking the twisty leds in the f-11d because they don’t exist on the screen and I wanted to have the blaster look like it can be turned on and off. So I took to building new internal electronics.

thanks to radio shack and some odd shaped drill bits I now have some finished electronics for this blaster. 

Check out the pics:

https://imgur.com/gallery/zH1zH