Tk13800 requesting EIB status (RWA ANH stunt) [804]

Hi guys.

Respectfully requesting EIB status. Any and all constructive criticism to get me there welcomed. Will eventually be going for centurion, and aware of a few kinks to iron out, but Thank you for your time.

501st profile link: https://www.501st.com/members/displaymemberdetails.php?userID=23150

Name: Tom Betchley

Gairrison: Isle of Wight garrison

Height: 6’2”

Armour: RWA

Helmet: RWA

Neck seal: Katie walmsley

Canvas belt: Katie walmsley

Hand plates: imperial supply depot (painted silicone)

Boots: imperial supply depot

Blaster: sheartech (rubber e11)

Holster: imperial supply depot

Full body

e5d83371787e4fa0274211e765feaa57.jpg
Front (arms at side)
63f2983f5e260e1b25120bc26230b1e6.jpg
Back (arms at side)
c04c78df2983444f31f6d9e8836af6cc.jpg
Left (arms raised)
dd46536b9ba937c72f5bc96eb1198a96.jpg
Right (arms raised)
233ded82048c8075ee9395a985af6eb5.jpg
Left (side detail)
40cde69122a63ec8fbc3d686dd8d8361.jpg
Right (side detail)

• Like 1

You have a beautiful set of armour Tom and it fits you well, I particularly like the canvas belt and the way your thighs fit. Good luck in your EIB application. You will need to close those gaps on the ab / kidney fir Centurion, but I guess you know that.

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

You have a beautiful set of armour Tom and it fits you well, I particularly like the canvas belt and the way your thighs fit. Good luck in your EIB application. You will need to close those gaps on the ab / kidney fir Centurion, but I guess you know that.

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah... those pesky gaps will be the death of me haha. Thank you so much. Your kind words are very appreciated.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tom_betchley said:

Look forward to hearing from you... and also dreading it haha

Firstly the DO's are still catching up on applications from the Christmas break backlog so please stand by, they will be with you as soon as they can.

You have a very nice build, a few things I can see are only minor adjustments (which I pointed out on your other poste ;) ) wishing you the best of luck

• Like 1

Hey Tom Andrew or myself will be with you shortly. While you're waiting could you please post a link to your 501st profile at the top of the page. Also post a photo of your blaster "D" ring and helmet lens color somewhere in the app.

Thank you

• ukswrath changed the title to Tk13800 requesting EIB status (RWA ANH stunt) [804]

Hi Tom thank you for your patience and EIB application.  
CRL and EIB Application Requirements:
All the required submission photos have been posted. Beautiful job on your build :jc_doublethumbup:With that Andrew and I have confirmed your armor displays all necessary elements as set out in the Expert Infantry CRL. Welcome to EI and congratulations.:salute:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:
In this section we review observations made by your fellow troopers and ourselves. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor. If any suggestion affects any application, it will be listed separately in the above or below sections. You have a few areas we'd like to go ever with you. Most are to enhance the overall look of your armor however, the accuracy of the armor is ultimately up to you.

Starting at the top and working our way down, the helmet Vcoder lines are a bit soft, they should have more detail as seen in the reference photo we've provided.

vcoder.jpg

Reference photo

vcoder.jpg

Ear mounting screws look a bit large. Though not a critical component replacing these with the correct size screws would make the are look more accurate.

screws.jpg

Reference photo

gallery_12157_13_296927-crop2.jpg

Shoulders should have minimal gap between them and the chest and back plates. Tightening the connecting straps and removing any lower bell return edge should help.

bells.jpgbells%202.jpg

Here's a couple reference photos

image.png

gallery_12157_11_577038.jpg

Next up the bicep and forearm cover strip overlap. For a couple reason the cover strips should not extend past the armors edge. We're suggesting you trim these back.

cover%20strips.jpg

Reference photo

gallery_12157_59_74335b.jpg

Next up, the there should be minimal gap between the back and kidney plates. Tightening the connecting straps and/or use nylon webbing will help resolve the issue.

back%20gap.jpgback%20gap%202.jpgback%20gap%203.jpg

Reference photo

image.png

Lastly we have a couple suggestions. First off your waist belt has too much edge extending past the boxes. There should be roughly 1/8". Trimming this return edge will effect a couple areas we also have concerns with. Your belt is sitting a bit low in the front near the Ab buttons. If you trim the upper belt edge that gap will increase. On the flip side your drop boxes are sitting too high, they should reside just below the lower edge of the ammo belt. Removing the lower belt edge may help to position the drop boxes correctly. So, we'r suggesting you trim both upper and lower belt edges then readjust the belt so that the upper edge resides at or just below the Ab buttons and recheck the drop box positions.

drop%20box%202.jpgbelt.jpgdrop%20box%203.jpgbelt%202.jpg 

Reference photos

gallery_12157_11_5412461-crop.jpg9b6f426d-8e74-4eb7-9849-19b5cc84fe1c.jpg

gallery_12157_59_54506.jpg

Centurion Suggestions:
In this section we prepare you the best we can for Centurion. If there are any areas of concern they will be discussed here. As you may already be aware there is to be minimal gap between the Ab and Kidney plates. If you choose to apply for Centurion you will need to resolve this area of concern first. The CRL states: For level three certification (if applicable): Ideally there no gap between the abdomen and kidney armor.

right%20ab.jpgab%20left%202.jpg

Reference photos

1ef96f55-7993-4e49-99ec-475631c84636.jpg

cool%20pic-crop2b_1.jpg

Excellent job on your build, hope to see you at Centurion :salute: