Dmorja: new adventure starts

Well my BBB has arrived with my and my wife's armor. This will be our first build. Since we are both very different sizes I am going to have a lot of questions. e036f3273654f3a67beb92b9f6f8adbe.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Congrats on BBB day, Jason. 

Don’t forget get to check out the EIB and Centurion programs if you’re looking to take your builds to the next level. :D

Regarding the different body types that you mentioned, check out the build threads. There are loads of great builds covering many different shapes and sizes that, I’m sure, will give you tips and inspiration. 

Best wishes

Dan:duim:

• Like 1

Hello and welcome aboard, nothing better than a BBB, words of wisdom, research is the key and measure twice and cut once, good luck with the builds

• Like 1

When ever in doubt check the CRL's, there are a few differences so don't make a mistake ;) 

Congrats on your BBB!  If I could make a suggestion, Jason, it would be to tighten up the paint at the top of the vocoder a bit.  An easy way to get those curves at the top is to use a "filbert" style artist's brush, which has a rounded tip.  Looking forward to the rest of your build!

KadsDPW.jpg?1      Fa1CR2K.jpg?1

• Like 2

So I have two questions. First, my directions say there is a left and right ear and that they are correct when facing to the back. What does that mean?
Second the crtl says there are to be 13 stripes and I am counting 14 so I would just cut one stripe off correct?59fd7b8d94bb1aecb4648ce2251625b6.jpg

If you will notice on the below image the screw holes end up almost vertically and the angle of the lower half of the ear angles backwards

replica_06.jpg

If looking at the helmet from the back as you wear wearing it, your image the one on the left is the left ear and one on the right is the right ear.\

13 tube stripes is optimal but you can have less or more, from the CRL:

Tube stripes are medium blue, should be 13 per side, but can be 9 and 16 per side with the curve bends extending backwards.

• Like 1

If you will notice on the below image the screw holes end up almost vertically and the angle of the lower half of the ear angles backwards

replica_06.jpg

If looking at the helmet from the back as you wear wearing it, your image the one on the left is the left ear and one on the right is the right ear.\

13 tube stripes is optimal but you can have less or more, from the CRL:

Tube stripes are medium blue, should be 13 per side, but can be 9 and 16 per side with the curve bends extending backwards.
Thank you that helps a lot.

• Like 1

So, I have a question on the Mic tips. The directions I have say to use clear silicone to attach to the bucket. That area is a cup so the silicone doesn't work because there is not enough area to attach the Mic. What do you use? I have seen some mics designed to attach with a screw.9a4edb8004423c2a334162b75f3b849b.jpg

• 1 month later...

It has been a while since I posted. I have finished bucket number 1 and started on number 2. I am not really happy with the work on the first one but did learn a lot.6cffb0c93d936cda8447c3a87c4ed846.jpg8152fcee2eaa57f5682672fd6d87a3aa.jpg345b9d9fbcb35d8a9bf7a8c9bbc59181.jpgadb3d0de7fa2574e229503eeee285a94.jpg