Is AM/FX armor still good for 501st approval?

By the time I got done with my build long ago the helmet was no longer allowed for new applicants as it is too large. I am wondering though if I can just get a suitable helmet and use my armor or if I have to start over completely from top to bottom? I did not have the extra money to get another helmet at the time so there it has sat but I am now in the position to try again. Thanks in advance for any info provided!

The FX helmet won't be approvable but if you get a new helmet I believe you can still get basic 501st approval, it is just the higher accuracy tiers where you would run into issues.

The FX policy has been changed. It (the entire armor) is not accepted at Centurion. If you were in the build process at the time it was changed then it will be grand fathered in, but that would have been many moons ago.  

Hey Chris you're on FB also correct? 

Yea there are several helmet manufacturers to choose from. Have you looked at our vendor list?

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11538-the-various-types-of-armor-and-where-to-find-them/

I used to troop in a FX armor for the last 3 years. It's still approvable if you change that helmet. I recommend you to get a helmet from one of the vetted makers. TM, TS, WTF, RWA or whereever. I can show you why the FX helmet isn't accepted anymore. Here is a comparison shot of the FX helmet (on the left) and a regular helmet...

helmvergleich1.JPG

helmvergleich2.JPG

as you can see, the FX helmet differs a lot from the regular helmet shape. I hope you understand why the 501st wants FX armor wearers to get a different helment.

I went with a CAP-W  some years ago and changed to Anovos later. But I'd recommend you to look out for smaller armor makers in your local region if possible.

• Like 1