2x MGC e11 builds

TKCaleb

After many MANY years, I am finally getting around to building one of these. I ended up first purchasing a cut up MGC MKV from a gentleman here for spare parts, not knowing what I would need in the future. A year or so later, I purchased another MGC from a guy in England, who completely Frankenstein-ed it with REAL L2A3 sterling parts. Luckily I was able to use the parts from the cut up MGC to replace all the missing pieces.

Just recently, I found another MGC MKV in fantastic condition, as rare as they are to find I couldn’t pass it up. After receiving it however, I realized there were small holes near the front of the barrel. It was possibly made into a blaster before but had been changed back to its previous state by a collector. Now I have two of these beautiful pieces ready to build up.

IMG_3998.jpg

I have printed out the scope rail, the gun hammers, and front sight piece (trying to find an original RO72). I have also 3d modeled the U tracks and door catch greeble. I will more than likely be modeling a copy of the MGC MKV magazine for print since they are harder to find than the gun itself.

rotj_door_catch_greeble_1.jpg

rotj_door_catch_greeble_2.jpg

rotj_door_catch_greeble_3.jpg

u_tracks_1.jpg

u_tracks_2.jpg

Edited by TKCaleb
Pressed the send button before I was finished, second edit was due to bad image links.

Two MGC?!? Wow, I wasn't prepared for that, this is awesome.

Now who ever Frankenstein-ed the first one with L2A3 parts should definitely be banned from the SW community! What a terrible thing to do...

However too bad I didn't know you were looking for one because I just happened to see two RO72 going for sale, but the auctions are finished now.

Edited by The5thHorseman

12 hours ago, The5thHorseman said:

Two MGC?!? Wow, I wasn't prepared for that, this is awesome.

Now who ever Frankenstein-ed this first one with L2A3 parts should definitely put to a ban in this whole community! What a terrible thing to do...

However too bad I didn't know, I just happened to see two RO72 going for sale but the auctions are finished.

If you find me one I’ll give you a finders fee!:jc_doublethumbup: 

I am searching every week. 

UPDATE:

Had to make some refinements and corrections to the magazine model. The walls were to thin to print in metal so I had to increase all walls to 1mm. I also added a few small circular indentations which should appear in the print. I have uploaded it to Shapeways and have ordered a test print. 

mag_1.jpg

mag_2.jpg

mag_3.jpg

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

On 12/22/2018 at 11:17 PM, phil said:

hi, but aren't they smaller than a proper sterling ?...are they using PFC cartridges ?...

based on the patchet

You're right, the MGC Sterling are substantially smaller than a proper L2A3 Sterling. Like you said they can shoot cartridges, but not real bullets

Edited by The5thHorseman

• 3 years later...

It’s been a long time since I have updated on here. I have 3d printed out the rail, block, and hammers in metal; currently I am waiting on the scope bell and cap. 

the metal prints turned out very nice! I have a few adjustments I would like to make but so far so good.

13e406ff-8310-42e5-8ea8-4b6a3d9fa339-jpe

e6c9f9bf-f8e9-4da6-8476-6befc9ef1a1c-jpe

483988ce-85d2-4164-a917-cdf1f68389b4-jpe
122610c3-d26d-4766-8106-d798b691e9d6-jpe

d5700973-b7e1-454e-83a3-3b03210f2c99-jpe

Edited by TKCaleb
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, jkno said:

Congrats. But the images don't show up

Weird they are showing for me.

Investigation and appears the images have been cross posted from RPF, there is a software issue with posts form RPF and our forum, links are also a problem.

On 11/8/2022 at 4:45 AM, TKCaleb said:

It’s been a long time since I have updated on here. I have 3d printed out the rail, block, and hammers in metal; currently I am waiting on the scope bell and cap. 

the metal prints turned out very nice! I have a few adjustments I would like to make but so far so good.

I would advise to use a free online image host such like Imgur for hosting your photos and there would then be no issues with the images not showing for everyone ;) 

Great how to here

12 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Weird they are showing for me.

Investigation and appears the images have been cross posted from RPF, there is a software issue with posts form RPF and our forum, links are also a problem.

I would advise to use a free online image host such like Imgur for hosting your photos and there would then be no issues with the images not showing for everyone ;) 

Great how to here

This is how I see the images:

img.jpg

Edited by jkno

20 minutes ago, jkno said:

This is how I see the images:

img.jpg

And what I see. Could also be brower you are using. Hopefully Caleb will use Imgur or another free image host and swap them out.

Screenshot_20221109_181356.thumb.jpg.4a6f23727a1d4451945d602b6ca70287.jpg