Neckron666 Requesting Pre Approval (RS ANH Stunt)

Neckron666

Information

Name:  Shay Lattimer

Garrison:  Knightfall Garrison (VIC, Australia)

Armor maker:  RS Prop Makers

Helmet maker:  RS Prop Makers

Cloth belt maker:  RS Prop Makers 

Neck seal maker:  RS Prop Makers 

Boot maker:  Imperial Boots

Blaster maker: RS Prop Masters

Height:  5' 8"

Weight: 78kg

TK type:  ANH stunt

Realise belt is a bit loose in the photos and doesn't line up in the back with the velcro. ill retake those photos shortly, basically just want to get a general idea of what i need to change/update.

Photos

Front Arms Down:

sBuxWVh.jpg?1

Back Arms Down:

Lp1EqWn.jpg?1

Left Arms Raised:

PPpTmPV.jpg?1

Right Arms Raised:

5K05Tfn.jpg?1

Ab Plate Up Close:

tdsTDO0.jpg?1

Helmet Front:

zIfIoMm.jpg?1

Helmet Left:

Z2x0OOy.jpg?1

Helmet Right:

Rl4AVpa.jpg?1

Helmet Rear:

kqM0Dk9.jpg?2

Blaster:

bpWwI0o.jpg?3

Interior Lining:

Eu1zefz.jpg?1

• Like 1

RS is super accurate stuff and it looks like you did a good job putting it together so I imagine you’ll be just dandy with basic 501st approval, I would tighten up that belt so it sits correctly before sending off photographs though.

That said, it comes down to fitnent issues. Belt as you’ve already mentioned,but also:

- You can easily pull your forearms down a good 30-40mm toward your hands, there is a huge gap there. This will also give you more space between your forearms and biceps which will help with movement, especially things like being able to put on and remove your bucket unassisted.

- Also, your right forearm appears to be rotating outward. A simple strapping tweak should fix that.

- For best appearance (and EIB/Centurion) you’ll want to get those shoulder bells pulled in closer to your bridges, shortening the attaching straps should do the trick. Film reference:

gallery_12157_11_221217.jpg

(You can also see correct belt positioning here, top of belt should touch bottom button of ab plate.)

- Your posterior is overlapping your thighs quite a bit, this may impact movement and/or create unwanted noises while trooping.

- There appears to be a seam where you’ve shimmed your kidney plate to close up the gap on the left, this will need to be filled in with ABS paste and polished out for Centurion only.

Again, great job on your build.

As Brien already mentioned, there are some minor details to get to higher levels that need adjustment.

For the approval process with your local GML, fixing the lose belt should be fine. If you do all those adjustments now it is fine and mostly appreciated, but not necessary for basic approal. ;)

But it's only a small step to get Expert Infantry and Centurion Status with that armor. You've done excellent work, building it! :)

Good luck with your approval and hope to see you soon in the advanced tactics section!

Very nice job with your build!  I think everyone has you covered here. For basic approval I think you would just need to fix the belt and the thermal detonator.  Other then that you should be good to go. Good luck!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Just wanted to thank everyone for their input. I went along to a local garrison armor party and had them take some photos and clean up a few minor things. For anyone interested here are the photos - now I am just waiting on approval (told there would be a delay due to 501st Elections)

dmdWOvF.jpg?1kjEiiX5.jpg?1

ABanrp8.jpg?1

2HfXrlR.jpg?1

VsH3Lbu.jpg?1

• Like 1

Great work Shay. The belt and TD look much better now. :-)

A quick fix, if you wanted to do it, would be to shorten the shoulder bell elastics by about an inch, bringing the shoulder bells up close (almost touching) the shoulder bridges.

Here’s a good example.

ea417637051162620446b965107bf075.jpg

Might not affect basic, but gets you another step closer to level 2 if you’re heading that way. :-)

Best wishes,
Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely a great improvement.   Armor sessions with fellow legion TK's are the best way to take photos.     Like the others have said ... get that shoulder bell in place and you're already golden for approval. 

On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 12:14 AM, Neckron666 said:

Hi guys,

Just wanted to thank everyone for their input. I went along to a local garrison armor party and had them take some photos and clean up a few minor things. For anyone interested here are the photos - now I am just waiting on approval (told there would be a delay due to 501st Elections)

dmdWOvF.jpg?1kjEiiX5.jpg?1

ABanrp8.jpg?1

2HfXrlR.jpg?1

VsH3Lbu.jpg?1

Any word yet???

seems you have the arms on the wrong arms, the left arm has the indent in the bicep and flaring raised bit detail on the shoulderbell, easy fix! looking good tho!

Edited by MrSnrub

• 2 weeks later...

If you are going to move the bells like I had to on my RS suit it was easier to unpick the RS stitching on the shoulder part of the snap and move it forward and more towards the neck. This brought my bells up close and they sat better.

other good looking kit.