Elastic or nylon?

I've heard several different opinions on these, so I thought I would ask for more before I start attaching my snaps.  For the strap that the shoulder bells hang from, I am thinking nylon is better since the rest of the arm armor is all hanging from that one strap.

Also, is elastic strong enough to hold the ab and kidney plates to the chest and back?  I know it's more flexible, but I am wondering how durable it is compared to nylon.

Thanks!

I used elastic to hold my shoulder bells, doesn't seem to be an issue with pulling, but then my biceps and forearms are just touching so don't pull.

Elastic is strong enough for your chest/ab so on, helps when you are moving, I did try nylon on another build and it's not as easy to move, in my opinion.

I haven't had to replace any elastic as yet, all has stayed pretty much the same as 5 years ago.

• Like 2

Yeah I second elastic for torso. Imagine bending over and nylon and snap holds and armor cracks!:blink:

I use nylon for shoulders though. Keeps it tight against bridge.

• Like 1

I used nylon for:

- shoulders

- kindey/posterior - with elastic the sides of the posterior kept flaring out and giving me wings

- ab/kidney, left (rivet) side - to keep it cinched tight

- thighs (w/ garter system)

Elastic was used everywhere else for range of motion reasons, and so I can actually get IN my armor.

• Like 1

Elastic everything. Also, the arms aren't actually hanging off of the shoulder bell on the original suits, so the bell straps only need to support the weight of the bell itself.

• Like 1