BrianD4444

Hello From Ottawa

Hi, I’m a long time Star Wars fan, toy/prop collector and Stormtrooper addict. I’ve been considering making the jump into an Armor set for a while.

Like many started researching on the Web and found Whitearmor.. It has been a really great resource! 

I’m a larger guy 6’4”, 225lbs. Athletic build so I’ve reached out to Rob at RT-Mod..  Looking forward to getting involved and a first build. 

• Like 1

Welcome future trooper. Have a look at the getting started forum, there are various threads of interested there you may want to read up on.

Hi Brian and welcome to the FISD!  I think you will be very happy with your armor choice.  RT can look great when it is finished being built.  Do not hesitate to ask any questions.  Have fun and good luck!

Hello and welcome aboard. 

The people of the Capital City Garrison are a great bunch of people. 

Hello Brian & welcome to the FISD. Looks like you've done a bit of research already by your armor choice so congrats on that! Keep doing your research and also check out what it takes to bring your armor to that next level by going EIB and Centurion here ! Once BBB Day arrives don't forget to start a build thread so we can help by answering any questions that come up along the way! 

Hey Brian! Welcome to FISD! I see that you have already chosen the type of armor you are gonna assemble and build. You can browse the forums for progress builds that can be useful to you as reference. Dont forget to post your progress as well! Cheers!

Hi Brian and welcome aboard future Trooper! 

Have a read in the “Getting Started-Read this First” section, as there is some really good info in there for new members.

Then, have a read in “Costuming and Builds” section to discover other troopers who are building (or have built) the same armor as you! Really good tips, examples, pictures, previously answered questions, and successes here.

In addition to looking at all the various build threads, I highly recommend checking out the “Advanced Tactics” section where you can see examples of those who have taken their armor to the next levels of screen accuracy (EIB and Centurion).  I’d recommend that you aim to build to one of the certification levels, as TK’s look their best at these levels. It's really not hard to acquire EIB or Centurion, and it’s best to do during your build rather that after.

If, and when, you’re looking for other bits –and-pieces, accessories, boots, blasters, electronics, etc., be sure to check out the “Imperial Commissary/PX” section for items for sale, project runs, and for other stuff that most of the troopers use.

Also, make contact with your local Garrison (Capital City Garrison). They’ll help guide you through the process of becoming a member of the 501st, and may have local Armor Parties in the works where you can get hands-on build advice and guidance, not to mention meet members of your future Garrison.

So, start a build thread here on FISD; post lots of pictures and questions. We are all here to help you out and to make sure you look your best, and represent the 501st as best as possible.

All the best on your TK journey!:dancing-trooper:

Hi Brian and welcome to the FISD as well. Have just replied to your post on the CCG forums. There is an endless amount of information and great build threads to read here!

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this question... I’ve done a couple hours of reading and about half of the posts that have pics ask me to update my account to allow third party hosting? I looked around my account settings but no luck. Are there instructions somewhere so I can enable all of the photos?  So far I’ve just been reading off my I-pad. 

Thx Brian

Photobucket broke the internet, its not something wrong with the forum. If you are using Chrome there are some third party extensions that can work around the problem. I'm trying to get images replaced but it is proceeding slowly.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, BrianD4444 said:

Just testing to see if I can upload images...

1A03AF86-E6FA-40D3-9643-09DF1958F916.jpeg

you can, but you will run out of space fast.  use a third party like dropbox, or google, and just link them here.

Hello Brian and welcome to FISD. I use imgur.com for my photo sharing. Easy to use. When you get your kit, start a build thread and let us help you get your armour done. Ask questions, post pics and don't be shy. I look forward to seeing your progress.

Welcome to the FISD Brian!

I have RT-MOD. You're gonna love it!

Good Luck Future Trooper!